Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:26 AM

Author Topic: WA dreams  (Read 8767 times)

Offline Bloopy

Re: WA dreams
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2021, 10:10 PM »
I had a dream about a collaborative effort to make a shopper map, which had things like a tree and a leafy vine and some text saying something about a worms swimming pool. It seemed like I started it while I was sitting outside a school building. The map had an open top. There was lots of arguing about where to put things and whether some text was taking up too much room and would get in the way. I was struggling to copy and paste a cross-shaped object because it blurred in with one of the trees a bit. I didn't seem to remember that shopper existed as a scheme until we were actually playing a game on the map. One weapon used was similar to a banana bomb, but the bananas were replaced with red circles that bounced even higher.
x_+

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2021, 11:22 AM »
I can't be the only one who has Worms dreams, surely! I had another WA one today despite not playing for a long time. The 1st map was a sort of castle and garden with tunnels. I made some dumb moves including wasting an HHG. The 2nd map was a similar castle but now I was doing fly shopper roping moves on it.
x_+

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2023, 01:44 PM »
I dreamt about a fort match in a 3D isometric Worms game where each team had 5 worms. One side of the map was a mountain, but the team that took the low ground were initially the favourites because they somehow teleported in much faster and there was a building or two to shelter in. They used one of their turns to place a weird metal shelter, but they got caught out because the sun was scorching and the worms would've fried if they went inside it. The other team took advantage of this vulnerability, throwing a stick of dynamite down from the mountain which blasted one of the worms off the map and into the water. The team on the low ground worked on placing bamboo or tall trees to hide behind and shade the shelter. Meanwhile, the other team had packed the mountain with muesli bars (which were giant compared to the worms), possibly to create more of a flat surface so grenades would roll away.
x_+

Offline Ledan

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2023, 01:50 PM »
Ooh, I didn't know this thread existed, thanks to Bloopy for pointing this thread out

My dream was a weird scheme that was like shopper, except you had unlimited power 0 skunks. Those skunks were used in skunk-sized holes to conform with the new Plop Before Attack rule, which states that the Skunk must be plopped before you can attack opposing worms.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2023, 10:15 AM »
Not long after my last dream I had one about being a WA beta developer. I accidentally released a beta with a bug, but I thought, no problem, I can release another version with the fix. This was another dream where the game was sort of in 3D, although this time more like a classic adventure game with a fixed scene and specific areas the worms could move in. There was a steep, narrow and twisting staircase that appeared to be made of glass, so I could see from underneath to manoeuvre a worm up it.

More recently I had yet another 3D fort sorta dream, where the forts were islands with a lot of space between them. I set low gravity, and instead of just launching a weapon from the ground, my worm was flying through the air over the water and launching it from there, before presumably flying back to my fort. I overcooked my first attempt and the weapon went sailing over the opposition. On my next turn I nailed the shot and the weapon decimated the opposition's fort, with just one worm lower down surviving. The opposition used Indian Nuclear Test and I'm not sure what the effect was and don't remember what happened next.
x_+