Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:10 AM

Author Topic: Does anyone use the old Paint Shop Pro 7?  (Read 479 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Does anyone use the old Paint Shop Pro 7?
« on: August 08, 2023, 10:20 PM »
I've been using PSP7 Portable for many years, never ever needed to upgrade so just stick with it...

I've recently came across a problem I cannot figure out for the life of me, with no advice to be found using google or other search engines.

Basically "Paste As Transparent Image" doesn't work... For example when I was making Darts maps for WA, I would copy sections while using "Paste As Transparent Image" which would then paste the image in, but the black background would be transparent... However now every time I use it it's just pasting the whole damn image without the transparency and I have no idea why...

I've tried reinstalling it, nothing...

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Does anyone use the old Paint Shop Pro 7?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 12:30 AM »
As a workaround, you can make the background black and then load it in WA and save the map again using WA map editor. Since 3.8, the WA map editor will automatically save maps with transparent background. If you try to upload a map with transparent background to WMDB, IIRC the website will not support it, and if you download the map there the background will be solid. So it's better to make the background black due to the platforms that are outdated compared to WA itself. It's easier to WA receive an update passing through Team17 then WMDB receive any change or announcement.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 01:10 AM »
Hmm, that isn't the issue that I'm having, saving maps as 0,0,0 always works for WA transparency.

The issue is that I cannot "Paste As Transparent Section" over anything, usually the background would be transparent, so I can place objects over other objects without the background colour being there.

With this issue that only started happening today I cannot do this anymore...

Though, that is a good idea because I can load whatever image I have, into WA as a black image, it will save it as transparent, then I might be able to load it back in as a transparent image... I'll try it! Though I'm not sure that will work the way I hope it will.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 12:01 PM »
Pick 0,0,0 as a background color by right mouse button and try to paste again.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 03:03 PM »
Pick 0,0,0 as a background color by right mouse button and try to paste again.

[attachment=1]

I had a feeling you of all people would reply!  :)

I can't find that menu you have, I'll message you on Discord.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 03:48 PM »
You should have there this two-colored panel in some shape or form, it would be impossible to use any image editor without it.