Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:53 PM

Author Topic: Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game  (Read 13726 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Webysteria - fast-paced artillery and roping game
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 08:05 AM »
Presenting main character! (call him Mr. Web?)

"Roping" much improved, scenery gets more color and background as well, leg walking animation needs refinement to be in sync...

Komito: the sound effects you hear in the video are placeholders, although some of them I like. If you can improve upon those, I'll appreciate that!
i love how this game is coming along, the spider character is a nice touch, i like the shooting animations and the legs flailing around when roping.

im on the webysteria bandwagon, will help in any way i can, echo the sentiments of anubis, it really looks like its coming along phenomenally, keep it up

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 08:50 AM »
web hysteria.

I call clickbait cuz no 1 sec turn time Kappa

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2018, 12:37 PM »
im on the webysteria bandwagon, will help in any way i can, echo the sentiments of anubis, it really looks like its coming along phenomenally, keep it up

Thanks Wally, much appreciated. The progress staled a bit but I try to keep up the pace. I should consider taking breaks... Feels like I'm on a full time job. Also need to overcome my own personal issues to make it happen, and that way to be able to receive help...

web hysteria.

I call clickbait cuz no 1 sec turn time Kappa

While I haven't yet programmed any substantial gameplay, the "classic" scheme should be somewhat reminiscent to RnR scheme I created some time ago which has 6 sec per turn. I'll most likely try to implement 1 sec scheme but taking into account that I can program any gameplay this might be not necessary to restrict turn time to 1 sec and provide "hysterianess" in other ways.

Personally I don't play hysteria for its quick turns, what I like about it is a nice combination of artillery and simple tactics that require quick action, and that's what I'm trying to replicate and improve upon here. Real-time mode might already provide some of the benefits along with turn-based mode.

Offline Husk

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Personally I don't play hysteria for its quick turns, what I like about it is a nice combination of artillery and simple tactics that require quick action, and that's what I'm trying to replicate and improve upon here. Real-time mode might already provide some of the benefits along with turn-based mode.

yeah m8 also kaos and drown makes for quick action. but yeah hysteria is unique in that it's fun to discover what can be done in 1 second as u know very well rayez

oh and impressive game m8

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2018, 03:19 PM »
make real time rope race plz

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2018, 04:18 PM »
Is Webysteria going to be the actual name for this game? If I have to admit, it's the only thing I am not fond of  :D

Sorry!  :-*

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2018, 04:31 PM »
oh and impressive game m8

ae thanks m8!

make real time rope race plz

It's on my todo list already :P

Is Webysteria going to be the actual name for this game? If I have to admit, it's the only thing I am not fond of  :D

Sorry!  :-*

Well I scratched my head quite a while with this one, but every other name was either a simple combination of words that aren't unique, or the name was already hold by some company.

For instance, I wanted to call the game as "WebRush", but that was the name for toothbrushes brand AND a game feature of one of the Spiderman games  ;D

So I just had to pick one with the first unique and reasonable one. Feel free to suggest any other name until it's not getting viral and I'll consider to rename it.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2018, 04:58 PM »
It's not so much I don't like the name, it's just I 1st saw it and pronounced it as "Websteria" and that sounded better to me and kinda ruined it for myself :D

The truth is, you should call it whatever YOU want, it's your game :)

Or, you could ask the community for suggestions, and pick your favourite one.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2018, 05:03 PM »
... pronounced it as "Websteria" :D

The first time I went for "Websteria" as well but it turned out to be some kind of not-so-good looking sea plant.  :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2018, 05:26 PM »
The first time I went for "Websteria" as well but it turned out to be some kind of not-so-good looking sea plant.  :D
I also like it more than weby..
Maybe arachno instead of web? ArachnoCity, Arachnosteria..

EDIT: Make game free to play and put paid skins in it, different types of spiders for example. Something like EPIC did with Fortnite. You'll get more ppl to play it if it's free and if game is any good community can only rise. With rise of community ppl will start spending $ to be different than other players. We just talked about this in discord few days ago. I see this as future for gaming industry. Free games with microtransactions for customization of characters and every item that's not related to p2w system.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:51 PM by Sensei »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2018, 06:57 PM »
Omg... If this game turns out free 2 play with stupid microtransactions then I guess i'm out, that sh*t ruined gaming for me and many others... Better to add customization for players to make their own skins etc

Anyway some ideas I had:

Webshot

Silk Wars

Web Wars

Trapshot (since spiders trap their prey)

Might not like them but they might lead to other ideas :)

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2018, 08:49 PM »
Make game free to play and put paid skins in it, different types of spiders for example...

I think this kind of system would work for big companies, EPIC has enough money to maintain it, and more importantly experience. It's my first game and I'd rather stick to a more traditional system... Maximum what I can do is Steam integration. It's early to talk about this though, but I get what you're suggesting.

Might not like them but they might lead to other ideas :)

Those are at least good enough as a sequel names, thanks for your input.  :)

I think I'll just stick to the existing name just to take away the burden of making decisions... Sometimes it has to be "good enough", not "perfect".

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2018, 09:59 AM »
Nice work, looks cool so far! I only daydream that I could achieve this much if I developed for 10 years. :D
x_+

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Hey guys, I created a discord server for the game I've been developing, join if you'd like to receive development updates!

https://discord.gg/ErHgA8z
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:20 PM by Xrayez »