April 16, 2024, 08:36 AM

Poll

Do you support euthanasia?

Yes
12 (92.3%)
No
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on euthanasia & suicide?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Kradie

What are your thoughts on euthanasia & suicide?
« on: February 25, 2019, 04:48 PM »
So I am curious on your stance on ''euthanasia'', do you support it? If not or yes, why?

And what are your thoughts on suicide?

Both euthanasia and suicide is different from each other.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on euthanasia & suicide?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Each one may decide self if will be alive or die. It is freedom of being.
123  My teams use this, this, and this soundbanks.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Each one may decide self if will be alive or die. It is freedom of being.

I agree with this and I will go into further details as to why.

A person has the right to choose to live or die if a person suffers immense irreparable pain. It can be easier to sympathize with compared to suicide. Euthanasia should be treated carefully with the understanding of the pasient desire to die. Although, it should not elude the concern and voice of the party involved. In the end, it could be a fitting end to one's life in contrast to suicide.

On the other hand, suicide ''can often'' be seen as selfish and a coward's act to exit their life because of hardships. Hardships such as position and status in modern society, rejection and isolation. Which can be a contributing factor for self-destructing mindset. Where a person can shut everything out, and view the world as nothing but dark & cruel.This alone is psychological pain that can diminish oneself's worth.

So in short, I am for euthanasia, but suicide? It is a bit more complicated. I can sympathize and understand the desire to die if there is no hope left in the world. But I do never encourage it.

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 07:03 PM »
But if somebody feel be "out of this world", alone, have no place for living, do not believe of people, do not know how to live, and no hope for make his life better, then suicide is only solution. Mainly when he know how to die without pain.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 07:22 PM »
then suicide is only solution.

Suicide is an easy solution. Never the only one. Now lock this topic.

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Lock! Quickly!  It is democracy, we can freely talk, but only what "big brother" agree with. :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 09:07 PM »
then suicide is only solution.

Suicide is an easy solution. Never the only one. Now lock this topic.

Why should this topic be locked?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 09:23 PM »
As I've seen, there's some fragile and confused ppl around this community. Guys already interventeed and helped them to turn the page and think bright about life.

Last thing anyone needs is some vegetable lover and his socially way too awkward friend giving ppl reasons why they should commit suicide.

Just by putting euthanasia and suicide in same sentence shows how ignorant you are.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 09:25 PM by Sensei »

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 09:37 PM »
OK. So how you look at murder, or war? People loving war! Killing in thousand. Tanks, guns, bombs (the most popular tactic of USA is throwing peaceful bombs), etc....   
Then compare it with one life.

Euthanasia is something other. If somebody will die anyway, and want die, but machines keep him alive (somebody earn money for that) and only make longer his torture, then if he really want die, it is humanity turn that hellish machines off. It is normal in nature, all live things usually die at all. Only humans do not want accept it.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 09:43 PM »
As I've seen, there's some fragile and confused ppl around this community. Guys already interventeed and helped them to turn the page and think bright about life.

Last thing anyone needs is some vegetable lover and his socially way too awkward friend giving ppl reasons why they should commit suicide.

Just by putting euthanasia and suicide in same sentence shows how ignorant you are.

I beg to differ Sensei. I wanted a fruitful and mature discussion. These are serious things mate, and not to be 'censored''. If entities of evil intent want to bring down someone, they are not for this thread, and perhaps should be banned if they are too commit malevolent act regardless of their origin and their place of sin.

I gave my opinion in a mature and responsible way. If someone is vulnerable for such topic, they are not to engage imo. Instead, they should seek out people, I wanted an intellect conversation about life, death and appreciation what is here for us to have. Sensei, censorship is not key for evolution.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 09:58 PM »
I am not expert of suicides , I never tried it :D but Kradie are u so bored again to create such a topics?  I hope ur life is okay,but anyway are u from Norway man? at least it shows ur worms flag, nvm, but it is kinda interesting that Norway is called suicide country.  I never understand, the most reach country in Europe.  Well, the only way I could understand it is that ppl there are very bored of their lifes, they have no hobbies, no point to live, they have lots of moneys but  it doesn't make them happy, their only problem is what to eat on lunch or where to go at evening. Dunno, maybe this kind of things, some "experts" say "it is about cold weather there.. haha.     Anyway, nothing against You Kradie, I still like zar roper ;p
I am just very embarrassed when I hear someone "tried" suicide, or even more pitty to ppl who tried it more than once,  it is like saying "I go suicide, be right back"  If someone really want suicide, then it is done, bullet in the head and bye bye, where is the point of cutting urself 10 times and still be alive? :D  but what do I know..  Would not be better to go to Belgium and say "I have depression" and they take ur life for free and 100% legal??   

Seriously I really hope, there is no ppl in this community who wanna take their lifes in any possible way,if yes -  think of ppl in worst situation, sick poor ppl, african kids, suicide is not solution, it will only bring pain to ur family and friends.  Take the things in ur hands and fight!  Now I go suicide, brb...

Offline Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 10:17 PM »
Only noobs are trying suicide more times. It can be done at first time, if you are not idiot.  ;)

Family, friends, hobby... but what if there is no family, no friends, and no free space for hobby? And no health for hobby? And what if he do not live at all to this time? What if he was only "alive", but do not have real life?

People usually looks at problem only from own view, then they can not see what see somebody other.

Now compare: if horse broken his leg, what people do? Shoot him. Why?! And what is difference against euthanasia? That are people...  >:(

Offline StepS

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 03:11 PM »
We once had such a thread on worms.org.ua forums. The forums were blocked for a year in Russia and nobody knew why.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 07:32 PM »
but what do I know..
Exactly, not much ^^

The nature of this topic is to bring forth an intellectual discussion, not the other way around; Where people call out people for their own narrative and insinuate based on it. Anyways, wealthy and rich countries are more susceptible to suicide compared to a poor & political unstable country. Normally people that commits suicide doesn't share their desire to end their life. People that share their wish to die, is a call for attention, a longing for help. Sure, there are those that takes advantage of this, which is wrong but they're also sick too. Again, in my previous post I voiced that there many reasons why people want to die, isolation, rejection, and loneliness. In today society people can get very lonely due to rank and position in their respective society.

Based on what I have read here, it seems that suicide and assisted death is a tabu to talk about. Ergo people feel uncomfortable to talk about it, instead they shun it off and laugh at it. While in fact, it is a serious thing.

We once had such a thread on worms.org.ua forums. The forums were blocked for a year in Russia and nobody knew why.
Wow that's really odd. Do you have any ideas & theory as to why  the forums were blocked for a year in Russia?