Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:36 PM

Author Topic: What is was like to have COVID-19  (Read 3451 times)

Offline skunk3

What is was like to have COVID-19
« on: April 11, 2020, 08:57 PM »
I have to leave for work soon so I will keep this as brief as possible. I just wanted to give you guys a checklist of symptoms that I felt while I was sick. (2 weeks.)

-started with an itchy, dry throat and urge to cough a lot
-some sneezing
-once it fully kicked in I had major fatigue and body aches
-fever and chills
-massive phlegm production in lungs and sinuses (SO MUCH)
-frequent / forceful coughing and could barely sleep for more than a few hours at a time due to coughing
-wheezing/crackling when breathing
-could not breathe out of my nose
-major sinus pressure/pain radiating from the center of my face out to my ear canals, just above my eyebrows, and even pain spreading to upper jaws... so much pressure that I could lightly press on my skin below my eyes and feel what felt like a system of balloons in my face expanding and squeezing
-lost sense of smell + taste for a week
-headache
-symptoms would come and go... what I mean is that one day you'll feel much better than the day before, then the day after that you feel like complete shit again

All in all it was kinda like having the flu + a bad sinus infection at the same time. 0/10 would not recommend.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:03 PM by skunk3 »

Offline skunk3

Re: What is was like to have COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:09 PM »
Also, I could blow my nose 20 times until it is completely clear AND then do a saline rinse and it didn't matter... 3 minutes later I am completely clogged up again with snot coming out of my nostrils and down the back of my throat. It was relentless.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 10:40 PM »
Glad you got better skunk.

Big <3

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 10:43 PM »
did you get tested and were positive?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 11:37 PM »
Its more horrid than i could think, thanks for info.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 04:09 AM »
Also, I could blow my nose 20 times until it is completely clear AND then do a saline rinse and it didn't matter... 3 minutes later I am completely clogged up again with snot coming out of my nostrils and down the back of my throat. It was relentless.

This is my life already somewhat. Due to my allergies, infections are prone to getting stuck in my sinus for a long time. I've had the same recurring sinus/ear infection since Oct 2018, plus a nasty virus that went around here in Sep 2019 which I don't think I got rid of 100%. My parents had to cancel a holiday because of that last one. I dunno if it was a coronavirus strain. It didn't get to my lungs but it did affect my Dad's a bit. No fever/aches, just coughing up a lot of mucus, sometimes bright yellow, sometimes brown and bloody. I guess with corona my sinus problems would double!
x_+

Offline skunk3

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 05:38 AM »
did you get tested and were positive?

Yes and yes.

I felt kinda crappy for a few weeks before I got REALLY sick. The tickling in my throat and persistent cough were really annoying, but when it kicked in for real it was pretty miserable. I'm certain that if it had gotten any worse I would have developed pneumonia. I have roommates so I basically isolated myself to the downstairs area where my bedroom and bathroom are. I bought a ton of Pedialyte and canned food so I didn't have to cook anything and be around anyone. I also took various vitamins and supplements in addition to a stack of Tylenol + Ibuprofen as needed. For a while I was taking the maximum amount that I could take for either... not really because of the fever (a fever helps kill the virus) but because the body aches and sinus pain was so intense. Even with taking both of those I still felt like crap.

I could have probably gotten over it faster if I had taken less of the Tylenol and also didn't smoke...  :-X (Yeah, I'm a dumbass.)

It lasted almost exactly 2 weeks, but the last 3-4 days of it I could feel myself gradually getting better and better. The first ~5 days or so SUCKED, but then again I'm a total pussy any time I get sick.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 05:41 AM »
I will also note that my mucus/snot/whatever you wanna call it was kind of a bright yellow color. Normally it's fairly clear, even with allergies. (I do get wrecked by seasonal allergies, especially in late summer.) Any time my mucus is yellow like that, I know it's an infection. The post-nasal drip was NON-STOP. I was spitting it out at first but eventually it got to be too much work so I just started snorting and swallowing it. Sounds gross, I know, but you wouldn't believe the amount of mucus production that was going on. It was obscene.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 05:46 AM »

This is my life already somewhat. Due to my allergies, infections are prone to getting stuck in my sinus for a long time. I've had the same recurring sinus/ear infection since Oct 2018, plus a nasty virus that went around here in Sep 2019 which I don't think I got rid of 100%. My parents had to cancel a holiday because of that last one. I dunno if it was a coronavirus strain. It didn't get to my lungs but it did affect my Dad's a bit. No fever/aches, just coughing up a lot of mucus, sometimes bright yellow, sometimes brown and bloody. I guess with corona my sinus problems would double!

Double at least. I too have allergies and occasional sinus issues, but never anything like this. I'll also say that even though I've been better for weeks now, I still find myself needing to clear my throat all of the time. Even though I'm a smoker, I've never had a smoker's cough or anything like that. This only happened after I got over the infection. It's really annoying. It's not a cough; more like a very frequent need to clear my lower sinus/upper throat.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 08:46 AM »
Glad you made it through skunk. Thanks for sharing :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 02:09 PM »
Thanks skunk to let us know how's animal symptoms on corona, now  we have to figure out how does it work on human body

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Made a joke on discord about you not realising why wormnet is full nowadays.. And you've actually been having corona virus for weeks.. Glad that's behind you now, man!

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 08:24 PM »
Our boss politics use covid-19 to their dirty games... Soon Poland will be second North Korea -_-

The current regime is seeking to force through the presidential election next month, despite a ban on campaigning due to the health crisis — a move the opposition says highly favors the incumbent, President Andrzej Duda.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/dygbxk/these-30-regimes-are-using-coronavirus-to-repress-their-citizens?fbclid=IwAR3Rcrdlv3QBA7okkwUZdrV2y_LxR97jaYBkA_NyPze8MMrbhlmb_GMML_Q

Offline philie

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2020, 10:22 PM »
interesting vice read, chelsea.

edward snowden: "The emergency tends to be expanded. Then the authorities become comfortable with some new power. They start to like it."

we need to take care that everything is not going in the wrong direction.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 02:25 AM »
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. People are same everywhere.