Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:00 PM

Author Topic: What secret of FingerRolling ( 2 spaces )?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Asbest

What secret of FingerRolling ( 2 spaces )?
« on: November 08, 2018, 04:24 PM »
All my worms armageddon life im playing with 1 space. Remapped. But i was trying to fr a lot of times, switched a lot of kbs, but never understood how to fr with 2 spaces. I just can't do it. When i remap 2 spaces with wkRemapKeys.dll, it is slow and impossible to tap. What is the secret? How barman, sbaffo, statik, aladdin do it?

for some reason, when i remap keys to "g, b, h, n" keys, my taps goes faster, somebody knows why? but there became keylocks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:52 PM by Asbest »

Offline XanKriegor

Re: What secret of FingerRolling ( 2 spaces )?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 04:55 PM »
As far as i understand, FR works when you press second Space and the rope shots, WHILE first Space is held pressed.  I remember some guy, maybe Runaway, made a big video to proof he ropes legit. At one point he has been pressing a Space while other Space was held down, and rope DID NOT shot. I guess this was hes proof.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:26 PM »
As far as i understand, FR works when you press second Space and the rope shots, WHILE first Space is held pressed.
no, not legit fr works this way. im talking about legit now.

and i remember runaway video, it was indeed legit but i had some questions
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:30 PM by Asbest »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:35 PM »
All i can say is this - this tecnique requires mastering. I think i have tried 2 spaces, i quit it after 3,5 seconds of attempts xD

Online Sensei

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 05:38 PM »
As far as i understand, FR works when you press second Space and the rope shots, WHILE first Space is held pressed.  I remember some guy, maybe Runaway, made a big video to proof he ropes legit. At one point he has been pressing a Space while other Space was held down, and rope DID NOT shot. I guess this was hes proof.

Dude. Runaway made that video to prove us he's legit (walrus or me requested it), but then CS or DC just appeared in thread to post he's a cheater after all. Hahaha. That guy went through all of that "video proof" charade, just to get put where he belongs - deep bottom.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Lets say cheating have some levels, from harmless NoWater module to that shit when you can shoot rope like crazy, and all that would be called same name - cheating. No one ever bothered to show us what level of cheating did Exzo use when she was called a cheater. They just said -  thats cheating. But what kind of cheating it was? Everything should be transparent so we all could assess and decide for ourrselves, was it minor cheating or something really serious. World isnt black and white, there is a lot of shades of gray in between.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 06:44 PM »
and then some cheaters we call not human

Offline Csongi

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 07:36 PM »
As far as i understand, FR works when you press second Space and the rope shots, WHILE first Space is held pressed.

Sorry mate..that's utter BS. xDD

You never keep both spaces pressed at once.
FR. doesn't really give you an advantage (been doing it for a long time)..it just depends on what roping style do u prefer.
For example there was a guy called m0nk..he was fr-ing with 3 spaces xdd

It's all about talent 'n timing.
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Asbest

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 07:39 PM »
back to my question. what is the secret? how u, csongi, for example, doing it?

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 08:47 PM »
I trained with pussy

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:07 PM »
I use spacebar and arrow to rope, in other words I use the default keyboard controls for WA.
Personally, I don't always rely on fast taps to rope good. In certain situation it can be beneficial, typical in RR. I try focus on safe roping with combination of extension and arrow techniques. Of course there are times when I do tap fast, normally during acceleration, in WxW e.g.
I used plastic cheap keyboards before, even wireless ones. Ever since I got hold of a mechanical keyboard, my roping got more consistent and better. Although, this is just my experience, many people rope even better than me without mech keyboards.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 05:20 AM »
Csongi, im not a roper, so i can be delusional/misinformed xD

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 12:45 PM »
Finger roll is not a talent, it's a skill, some people can be a little more talented at it sure, but it's a skill that you train ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 05:55 PM »
It depends, I would say most people are pretty quick with one space, but fingerroll is probably really good for people with naturally slow taps, as using 2 keys is far easier than depressing one key twice.  I feel like if I could fingerroll i would be better at the close to ceiling taps that I sometimes fail because my hands aren't fast enough.  Its far too hard to learn for just that though. 

Objectively it really doesn't make you a better roper but is an improvement on traditional roping methods if you don't have good dexterity.

Honestly I'd love to see more people rope, I feel like almost everyone does it differently or has their own style.  I use my middle-ring-pinkie fingers to tap space and I rope crosshand, its pretty strange, but there is quite a few ways to fingerroll as well
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:57 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Search for two keys close to each other which don't have keylocks and are convenient.
One finger shots the rope, the other releases it when you hear the sound that it attached to the wall.
You should start on a wxw or a "speed race" map really slowly. Just practice it really slowly and then change back maybe to one space that you are used to, not to get bored.
After about a month it is possible to go quite safe with it, and about 3-4 months you can reach the same speed as one space you had.
The advantages are that you can do the maximum speed that you can achive with one finger much longer, because neither your fingers, nor your brain gets tired so fast, since you will kind of halve (1/2) the moves of your fingers. And later maybe you can be even faster and still safe.
If you do it too fast that won't work, you mut to find the right tempo, start slowly and get faster.