Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:48 PM

Author Topic: Worms Unlimited: Hazards  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Worms Unlimited: Hazards
« on: October 01, 2017, 05:52 AM »
How about adding the hazards feature into Worms Unlimited? This feature is similar to the Sudden Death, but happens beetween turns and can happen before the Sudden Death activates. Each Theme has it's own hazard set. For example, the Outer theme has Meteor Strike (a hazard, which drops 1-3 meteors to the random areas of the map, each meteor detonates with the force of a single Armageddon meteor), Solar Radiation (a hazard, which poisons all worms and burns random sections of the landscape with the effects of a Petrol Bomb), Alien Invasion (a hazard, which summons an UFO and shoots 5 red laser beams at a fixed area), Cresent Frost (a hazard, which makes the terrain slippery for 3 turns and freezes random worms, similar to the Freeze Ray weapon) and Black Hole (a hazard, which attracts all worms to the center for a while, and then gives them a strong repel (45 damage)). What do you think about this idea?
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline STRGRN

Re: Worms Unlimited: Hazards
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:36 AM »
sounds very unnecessary

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:59 AM »
sounds very unnecessary
So, you want no more challenges and no more strategy for a Worms game, heh? This idea adds some more tactical thinking, and the hazard set shown in the first post is the example. Each Theme has it's own hazard formula, it can be diffrent from the one in the first post. And, only two persons can decide this idea's final demise. These persons are MonkeyIsland and Run. Only weapon tactics, and no scheme? Hazards can have selectable frequency of turns and be turned on and off in the scheme settings.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:55 PM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 12:06 PM »
Show us the demo video or something, words are too hard to be imagined.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 12:29 PM »
only two persons can decide this idea's final demise. These persons are MonkeyIsland and run.

??

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:55 PM »
This is an idea, which has no concepts (yet). You'll have to make some yourself.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 05:45 PM »
I have no control over worms unlimited.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline philie

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 08:16 PM »
Alien Invasion (a hazard, which summons an UFO and shoots 5 red laser beams at a fixed area)

can i have green laser pls

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 03:40 AM »
Alien Invasion (a hazard, which summons an UFO and shoots 5 red laser beams at a fixed area)

Man, greens are seen rarely in laser beams. That's a common Star Wars formula.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 05:55 AM »

eh, wut?

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 03:08 PM »

eh, wut?
I mean, that only a few Star Wars characters use green lasers. This is Panaka, Death Star, and a few more.

Offline nino

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 05:17 PM »
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 05:25 PM »
+10000000000

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 07:14 PM »
+10000000001

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 09:01 PM »