Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:34 PM

Author Topic: Do you guys like Worms W.M.D?  (Read 1721 times)

Do you guys like Worms W.M.D?
« on: July 20, 2020, 05:45 PM »
I do. Best Worms since Armageddon

Offline Kradie

Re: Do you guys like Worms W.M.D?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 05:50 PM »
It looks nice, plays decent, but ultimately it's a far cry from Worms Armageddon.

I played Worms WMD on launch day and tested it under 2 hours and got my refund.

The game is likely an abandonware by now, with a few die hard fans I suppose.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline skunk3

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 08:51 PM »
It's actually a pretty decent game. This is the wrong group of people to ask though because most of the people on this forum are die-hard W:A fans and nothing but W:A is good enough for them. I've logged about 1,400 hours or so into playing WMD and I think it's worth owning and playing. That said, I do really hate the crafting mechanic. Vehicles I also dislike, but to a far lesser extent. Crafting is by far the worst part of WMD.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 06:23 AM »
This is the wrong group of people to ask though because most of the people on this forum are die-hard W:A fans and nothing but W:A is good enough for them

Yeah but Steam forum isn't as active

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:55 AM »
We don't.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 02:18 PM »
I think it's a decent enough game, but it's completely different from W2/WA/WWP which are my preferred styles of the Worms franchise.

It's like saying I like ribena(WMD) and I'm crazy about irn bru(WA), so i'll always choose irn bru because it just hits the right spot.

Most importantly, like most games being released these days, I think it has massive potential, but unfortunately it's too limited and restricted in it's features and systems, especially in scheme creation, map design, and the online ranking & matchmaking systems.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 08:52 AM »
I agree with Komo.

Offline Senator

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 09:58 AM »
It was refreshing to play a slightly different game. Most importantly, I found new competitive scene there. I even bought Xbox (used) because I knew there was some good players and I wanted to challenge them. :D

WMD has still more players than WA according to Steam charts.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 11:07 PM »
Steam charts don't include all the CD versions, pirated versions, and GoG players.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 03:13 AM »
Steam charts don't include all the CD versions, pirated versions, and GoG players.

Which could easily be 70% of community.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 06:08 AM »
All of which can play on the same servers. Don't think that's the case for WMD.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 04:36 AM »
I say, it's plain better than that puny 3.8 (no offense to lower versions of W:A). Only 4.x and 3.5-7.x deserve the fame in W:A. The 3.8.x isn't much of a good pick, I'd rather sacrifice WMD into my playtime rather than bother instaling that blah-hype-bomb.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 04:39 AM by Shadow-The-Worm »
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 04:16 PM »
I say, it's plain better than that puny 3.8 (no offense to lower versions of W:A). Only 4.x and 3.5-7.x deserve the fame in W:A. The 3.8.x isn't much of a good pick, I'd rather sacrifice WMD into my playtime rather than bother instaling that blah-hype-bomb.
You are entitled to have your opinion but imo those words are disrespectful.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB