Forums > Other worms games

Extracting terrain files from Worms DC/United?

(1/2) > >>

BigSheeno:
So I've recently had the idea to try and extract the terrain files from Worms DC and United for use in potential terrains in Worms Armageddon (using wkTerrain) and I'm wondering if it's even possible, or if there's any tool to even convert/open these.

SiD:
Squirminator2k is the guy to speak to about Worms DC terrains.

He converted the tetris theme to a format for Worms DC:

Getting the stock theme assets from Worms DC would be nice, but possibly a bit tricky.
I had a go at making the 'Alien' theme once (just from screenshots I found) but soon gave up.

Talking of themes, would you happen to know where the 'Candy' theme originated? The one that's included with MapGEN (I don't think plutonic knows).
I know 1st gen worms had a candy theme, but the newer one is so good, i'd like to know where it came from.

BigSheeno:
I'd thought to maybe contact him somehow, I wasn't sure exactly how. The thing is, there's a utility called WormPrefs that came with WormsDC that converts the appropriate formats(easily opened in an image editor) into the file type used for terrains which is the seemingly proprietary .DIY format, which can't be opened in editors. Of course, it doesn't do the reverse of this conversion, which is what I'm looking for right now of course. I'd thought maybe to just do it by screenshotting too but that seems like it'd be immensely frustrating.

Also I have no idea where that candy terrain is from but it is something I've wondered myself!

h3oCharles:
Candy could be something Plutonic made himself, but don't quote me on that

Squirminator2k:
Old thread, but if anyone with coding/programming know-how wants to have a go at cracking open WormsDC's .DIY format then I'd be happy to send along some files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version