Forums
April 20, 2024, 09:50 AM

Author Topic: "How Team17 plans to bring Worms into the world of eSports"  (Read 8193 times)

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
Re: "How Team17 plans to bring Worms into the world of eSports"
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Why can't we just have "Global Offensive" version of WA ? Like, just make it on a new engine with a bunch of new stuff that make the game better but doesn't change the core gameplay...

Offline Korydex

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Why can't we just have "Global Offensive" version of WA ? Like, just make it on a new engine with a bunch of new stuff that make the game better but doesn't change the core gameplay...
personally I wouldn't want quality loss for the sake of popularity. I never played CS:GO but I know that it's poorer than original CS in terms of skill, e.g. the players who moved to CS:GO lost some of their skills.
T17 were trying to do what you're asking for with WMD and it turned out to be not better than a flash game.
WA is still being developed. just be patient man
Spoiler! View
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:22 AM by Korydex »

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 07:44 PM »
personally I wouldn't want quality loss for the sake of popularity. I never played CS:GO but I know that it's poorer than original CS in terms of skill, e.g. the players who moved to CS:GO lost some of their skills.
T17 were trying to do what you're asking for with WMD and it turned out to be not better than a flash game.
Spoiler! View

Then let someone played all counter-strike games (except cz lmao) tell you that CSGO is far better than 1.6 in term of gameplay. CS 1.6 have more mobility and the weapon spray is more wild, everything is wallbangable which is ridiculous. Nothing is loss when you go from 1.6 to GO, in fact, you have to learn a lot more about smoke and flashes ( only spray control is a bit easier, but that is somewhat more convenient, you rarely spray in 1.6 )
That's just a part of it.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 02:07 AM »
Spoiler! View

Then let someone played all counter-strike games (except cz lmao) tell you that CSGO is far better than 1.6 in term of gameplay. CS 1.6 have more mobility and the weapon spray is more wild, everything is wallbangable which is ridiculous. Nothing is loss when you go from 1.6 to GO, in fact, you have to learn a lot more about smoke and flashes ( only spray control is a bit easier, but that is somewhat more convenient, you rarely spray in 1.6 )
That's just a part of it.
ya kory completely wrong about CSGO, but he is hater of all new games just because they are new :D

Offline Korydex

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 08:10 AM »
CS 1.6 have more mobility and the weapon spray is more wild, everything is wallbangable which is ridiculous.
Nothing is loss when you go from 1.6 to GO
does he even realise that he immediately contradicts himself?

some wallbangs are really amazing, like in this round
Spoiler! View

ya kory completely wrong about CSGO, but he is hater of all new games just because they are new :D
it's sad, but most of the games made after 2006 suck man
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:01 AM by Korydex »

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 06:25 PM »
CS 1.6 have more mobility and the weapon spray is more wild, everything is wallbangable which is ridiculous.
Nothing is loss when you go from 1.6 to GO
does he even realise that he immediately contradicts himself?

some wallbangs are really amazing, like in this round
Spoiler! View

You still can do wallbang in CSGO, just with certain weapons and thin/weak material. When i say nothing is loss i meant the skill and all that - CSGO is less mobility compare to 1.6 mean you'll need to get better at positioning yourself on the map, plus, if you know bhop it will give you some advantages. Weapon spray less wild will increase the reliability, the randomness in 1.6 weapon is just absurb.

it's sad, but most of the games made after 2006 suck man

Then you're not playing the right game - i can easily name any Valve's game made after 2006. I don't play a lot but what you said is wrong.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Then you're not playing the right game - i can easily name any Valve's game made after 2006. I don't play a lot but what you said is wrong.
you sound like a Valve fanboy. the world doesnt revolve around Valve man!
This is probably the most definitive guide to games that I know. And 80% of the games from that book are made before 2006.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 07:44 PM »
Why are you fighting over that? We all know W:A eats for breakfast all games included in previous posts! :)
Should be overwhelmed with the fact you're good in only game where it matters!

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 01:29 AM »
This is probably the most definitive guide to games that I know. And 80% of the games from that book are made before 2006.

I don't sound like a Valve fanboy, i am a Valve fanboy - they make good f@#!ing game, well they use to make games. Also, that doesn't make what i said mean world revolve around Valve, it's just a proof that "every game made after 2006 is shit" wrong.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 06:40 AM »

I don't sound like a Valve fanboy, i am a Valve fanboy - they make good f@#!ing game, well they use to make games. Also, that doesn't make what i said mean world revolve around Valve, it's just a proof that "every game made after 2006 is shit" wrong.
Where did I say that "every game made after 2006 is shit"? I said that it's just the most of them... I enjoy some of these 'supernew' games myself, but mostly indies. New or late games for me would be 90s games.

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 09:19 AM »

Where did I say that "every game made after 2006 is shit"? I said that it's just the most of them... I enjoy some of these 'supernew' games myself, but mostly indies. New or late games for me would be 90s games.

90s game ? wtf ?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 10:12 AM »
don't you know that video games history started over 50 years ago? the golden era of PC gaming was with the DOS games imo

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 12:07 PM »
The best days of gaming, especially online gaming, are well and truly gone.

The attitude / mindset of the millenial generation in general is terrible, the direction gaming has taken since around 2006 deeply frustrates and disappoints me :(

I am the kind of person who openly accepts and gets excited about change every once in a while, but just like everything else in the world gaming is becoming spoiled and ruined by greedy corporations and companies whose main priority is making profits while love and passion for creating fun and educational games slowly becomes less and less important.

F**k anyone on planet Earth who supports modern style DLC.

Offline HHC

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 01:04 PM »

You guys can have it, you deserve it way more than I do.

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2017, 10:28 AM »
don't you know that video games history started over 50 years ago? the golden era of PC gaming was with the DOS games imo

i play quite a lot of NES game as kid with my buddy on a console but DOS game were quite a few ( spending most PC gaming time with starcraft, AoE and CS ) 
i don't value nostalgia - to music is maybe but the oldest game im still playing is WA

The best days of gaming, especially online gaming, are well and truly gone.

The attitude / mindset of the millenial generation in general is terrible, the direction gaming has taken since around 2006 deeply frustrates and disappoints me :(

I am the kind of person who openly accepts and gets excited about change every once in a while, but just like everything else in the world gaming is becoming spoiled and ruined by greedy corporations and companies whose main priority is making profits while love and passion for creating fun and educational games slowly becomes less and less important.

F**k anyone on planet Earth who supports modern style DLC.

well let the sheep do their business. days of Buriza do being awesome is gone, yea but just pretend that they died instead of living and creating all the casual shit on the market
there are still good dev like Bethesda, Rockstar ( well their customer support is shit ) CD Projekt Red, etc...
and there's indie games, too.