Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:57 PM

Author Topic: "How Team17 plans to bring Worms into the world of eSports"  (Read 8132 times)

okay, this thing is worth discussing
http://www.esports-pro.com/articles/games/how-team17-plans-to-bring-worms-into-the-world-of-esports

“I think the latest version that we have developed, Worms WMD, is a really good jumping off point for Worms becoming an eSport. If you look at the user reviews on Steam one of the top rated ones has the first line “thumbs up for Worms becoming an eSport” and that made me really really happy, because it means that there is a chance that we can actually explore something, that we can do something with Worms.”

what's interesting here, the guy says that worms is competitive enough for esports, and team17 need to discuss these possibilities with the fanbase.. yet, he's ignoring w:a which is significant source of information about competitve play in worms as its the only team17 game that lasts for so long, right? still, devs used W:A mechanics as the basement for the WMD development, perhaps they could do the same for the game fanbase? Maybe the whole interview was an attempt to drag our attention? The guy is clearly aware of oxygen meme. Or maybe it's just a pathetic attempt to popularize the game in order to increase the sales of the game series? eSports now has millions of dollars in turnover, and it makes studios dip their game series in eSports arena just to earn more, like whats happening with gran turismo

Offline Sbaffo

Re: "How Team17 plans to bring Worms into the world of eSports"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Worms as eSport? Yeah it was about time. They picked the wrong Worms tho. Someone should tell them that the real competition is here on tus not on wmd... wa as an eSport... i've been dreaming way too long for this...

Offline Tomi

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 08:57 AM »
It would be the most boring esport event ever with wmd and its gameplay "speed". And it would be the most interesting "new" game on that event ,if w:a would be allowed ,according the face of my friends when i showed them a good movie from wormtube. But it's impossible to do that with such an old game.. it should be re-released as w:a3 with a facelift, lead developers of CS and DC and marketing of t17

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:04 AM »
Whoever wrote that is a tube, thinking W.M.D is more worthy for eSports than WA, excuse the language, but f**k that f**king c**t f**k pleb away to f**k...

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Wow that n@#!!! knows how to trigger WA fanbase.

And yes, WA 4.0 should be released as a standard game so it can get better attention.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Or maybe it's just a pathetic attempt to popularize the game in order to increase the sales of the game series?
^
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline HHC

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Maybe your/our definition of eSports differs from that of T17.
They deny the possibility of becoming a major eSport. In the last line they speak of maybe drawing in a few more players for WMD. That's the aim of it all and that's how it's gonna be: keeping those ESL tourneys for WMD in the air; that's about as high as T17 aims, and justly so cause these tourneys never really got more than 10 competitors in.
And WA is down to the same amount of players as WMD atm, so that's chanceless as well.

Offline nino

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 01:49 PM »
"How Team17 plans to bring Worms into the world of eSports"

Dunno mate  :(
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 02:54 PM »
“I think the latest version that we have developed, Worms WMD, is a really good jumping off point for Worms becoming an eSport.
bahahahahaha no this Kevin Carthew guy is on crack

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 03:11 PM »
Worms Armageddon is so underrated, that it's stupid.

EDIT1: Let them talk in an interview, grab a lie detector or let them faint like some polish politicians did.
EDIT2: Yes, I'm salty
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:41 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Or maybe it's just a pathetic attempt to popularize the game in order to increase the sales of the game series?

Solved.
Lock the thread.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 03:08 PM »
Team17 are like politicians. They are very good at marketing, but the execution is terrible.

EDIT1: I know I'm comparing a lot to politicians, but it just smells like it for me. Just my opinion.
EDIT2: Yes, I'm salty (COMBO BREAKER!)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:41 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Make johno read this, those bastards need to feel bad

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Make Jonno read this, those bastards need to feel bad

Done

Offline HMWorminator

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Man... this shit got serious, shots fired and everything..
Seriously do.. they are all busy with WMD.. (which also has allot of flaws..) Team 17 & Jonno, are amazing people, but i think, they can't do shit about it.. which is sad af...

[EDIT] for it feels like Team 17 gets inspiration from Electronic Arts.. which is f@#!ed up..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:33 PM by HMWorminator »