Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:09 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms 2020  (Read 6092 times)

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Team17 has announced Worms 2020
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 11:13 PM »
Get ready for another steaming pile of shit. I'd be shocked if it was even half as good as W:A. Which makes one ask, why bother? Just another cash grab.

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 11:16 PM »
Making a prediction here. Its a new 3D Worms game that tries to be better then the older games (Bar isn't that high).
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 12:26 PM »
still no battle royale mode?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Where's that dude with the blue hair now then?  ::)

i think he quit, though im not sure

Offline Kradie

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 07:32 PM »
My main concern it.... Will Team17 monetize the game? IF so, HELL NO.

Pay for a hat? Pay for a new hair color and style? Pay for whatever clothes, styles and colors? Pay for weapon? PAY FOR BETTER ROPE? I just hope not...
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 10:15 PM »

Pay for a hat? Pay for a new hair color and style? Pay for whatever clothes, styles and colors? Pay for weapon? PAY FOR BETTER ROPE? I just hope not...
This happens if EA (Evil & Arrogant) will buy Team17, but there's only the 0%. LOL

Offline HHC

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 11:00 PM »

Don't see this happen. There will be goodies for sure, and it may just be in those terrible 'surprise' boxes, but not for cash. The game just isn't popular enough for that to work.

I like Family Guy's spin on the new worms trailer. It's spot on  :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 12:28 AM »
Micro transactions?  You guys are worried about microtransactions?  The only micro transaction there will be is your money into team17’s wallet for another shitty worms game. Worms isn’t a AAA game, don’t worry about it.  Stay cool and host a shoppa. 

On an unrelated note, remember when they said that they were using the WA source code for the rope in worms WMD?  How did they f@#! up that copy paste?  T17 is a joke, they make shitty games, it’s really too bad because they used to be good.  RIP.

Offline SolidSunny954

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 01:56 AM »
worms WMD is a f@#!ing joke

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 03:35 PM »
worms WMD is a f@#!ing joke
Well...the only thing I like about this Worms game are the speechbanks.
The rest is meh...

Offline deanimate

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Hoping it's another 3D worms :D
Me and some friends still play ultimate mayhem and still have loads of fun with it. 3D worms need some love :D

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 09:57 PM »
Me and some friends still play ultimate mayhem and still have loads of fun with it. 3D worms need some love :D
I'm making the speechs from other Worms games for Worms 3D and Worms Forts, if you are interested.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Worms WMD really isn't THAT BAD. The problem with it is that it needed more development time as well as a closed beta with experienced Wormers.

I still play WMD frequently and have a lot of fun with it. I know that a lot of people here think that any Worms title post-WWP is complete trash but I disagree. I think there are good ideas in all of them. Team17's failure is recognizing what is good and not carrying it over to subsequent titles. They need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and instead just make each game incrementally better, despite the inevitable bitching about how each new game isn't that much different from the last.

If they spent like 6-8 more months developing WMD with good feedback and effort it could smash W:A, honestly.

As far as the new game goes, I can only assume that it is going to be a 3D title, or 2.5D at best based upon the renders in that video. The noobs and casuals are dying for another 3D Worms title. I know this because I talk to a lot of them, and I guess Team17 is compelled to answer. This will be the first game that I don't pre-order. Against all reason I have had blind loyalty to the Worms franchise for a very long time and I just can't support them anymore if they are going to continue to make stupid decisions regarding my beloved franchise. They really need to start listening to longtime fans instead of catering to noobs and trends.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 06:25 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2020, 10:28 AM »
Worms WMD really isn't THAT BAD. The problem with it is that it needed more development time as well as a closed beta with experienced Wormers.

I still play WMD frequently and have a lot of fun with it. I know that a lot of people here think that any Worms title post-WWP is complete trash but I disagree. I think there are good ideas in all of them. Team17's failure is recognizing what is good and not carrying it over to subsequent titles. They need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and instead just make each game incrementally better, despite the inevitable bitching about how each new game isn't that much different from the last.

If they spent like 6-8 more months developing WMD with good feedback and effort it could smash W:A, honestly.

As far as the new game goes, I can only assume that it is going to be a 3D title, or 2.5D at best based upon the renders in that video. The noobs and casuals are dying for another 3D Worms title. I know this because I talk to a lot of them, and I guess Team17 is compelled to answer. This will be the first game that I don't pre-order. Against all reason I have had blind loyalty to the Worms franchise for a very long time and I just can't support them anymore if they are going to continue to make stupid decisions regarding my beloved franchise. They really need to start listening to longtime fans instead of catering to noobs and trends.

Don't you rant regularly on the WMD steam forum how bad WMD is? Crafting being the worst offender making every weapon on the fly.. I remember lengthy posts from you between guys on the forum on how bad the game is. Heck, lots of the regulars there see you as a "hater". lol

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2020, 04:04 AM »
They really need to start listening to longtime fans instead of catering to noobs and trends.

I love WA more than almost anybody...

But I hardly see them catering to less than 100 people.

They have to keep up with the world, and there ain't no room for WA anymore.