Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:28 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 62836 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #405 on: June 08, 2016, 10:34 PM »
Never actually watched E3, how do I find the WMD stuff there?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2016, 04:36 AM »

I wanna know as well. I imagine that as soon as info / media is available, it'll be coming out on Steam, Facebook, etc. I can't wait for more info and a friggin' release date!

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2016, 06:14 AM »

People/press interviewing Team17 will start uploading videos of the game to Youtube. Official E3 livestreams will probably show something as well? Not sure, Team17 or WMD is not listed in E3 official schedules.

The best ways to keep up are to follow Team17's twitter and youtube, and keep checking the latest WMD related youtube videos.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:18 AM by Tomtysti »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20 AM »
Cross-posting my most recent Steam post here in case people don't watch those forums:

I think that the molotov cocktail is a super underrated weapon. That being said, I can think of three similar weapons that I think would be excellent additions to the series.

1. acid flask. works exactly as a petrol bomb, except it keeps burning through terrain round by round until it reaches the water at bottom. (burn rate would be fairly quick vs. petrol)

2. arcane/magic fire - works exactly as a petrol bomb, except the fire is purple and never burns out. (but is editable of course... if we could edit the petrol bomb in such a way, this weapon would be redundant aside from the cool purple fire)

3. wrinkle cream - lol, I know the name is weird but picture this: you throw it just like a petrol bomb and it basically just splashes out and adds to the terrain wherever it touches. you could throw it and fill in holes to prevent people from getting to use (instead of wasting a precious girder), or you could encapsulate another worm and force them to dig out, burrow, or teleport. I think it'd be a great defensive weapon.

Now that I think about it, we should definitely be able to set how many rounds fire/acid last. Being able to edit the "burn rate" of the acid would be great as well. Just some late night thoughts...

I also think that the fire created by exploding crates or barrels should last longer, and be editable. I personally would like to try playing a scheme in which fires NEVER go out, and in fact they can spread on turns with wind above a certain strength. ALSO, fire should still burn through terrain. More slowly than acid, but it should still burn rather than just sit on top of it and do basically nothing like it did in the 2.5D games.

It would also be cool if smoke from fires could make smoke screens in which nobody can see into it or out of it, "fog of war" style. Optional, of course.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:21 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2016, 11:39 AM »
Dynamic Weather Changes huh.

Rainy: Slipper Worms
Very Sunny = Slow Worms
Foggy - Fog changes position on terrain per turn.

Also I thought of this cool weapon ''Pregnant Woman'' Basically a pregnant woman walking, then she explodes and her infant pops out into the sky and explodes on nearest land/player.  Although it would be very similar to Salvation Army.
Boomerang could work as attack/grab worm/object weapon. Roping and tossing a boomerang, that sounds awesome!

Submarines could be a cool addition too.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Anubis

« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2016, 01:30 PM »

Also I thought of this cool weapon ''Pregnant Woman'' Basically a pregnant woman walking, then she explodes and her infant pops out into the sky and explodes on nearest land/player.  Although it would be very similar to Salvation Army.

I don't think T17 wants their game to be 16+. ;D

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #411 on: June 11, 2016, 12:12 AM »
3. wrinkle cream - lol, I know the name is weird but picture this: you throw it just like a petrol bomb and it basically just splashes out and adds to the terrain wherever it touches. you could throw it and fill in holes to prevent people from getting to use (instead of wasting a precious girder), or you could encapsulate another worm and force them to dig out, burrow, or teleport. I think it'd be a great defensive weapon.

I recall that recent titles had a poison gas injector and a water gun that could wind their way through tunnels. Some kind of expansion foam gun to backfill tunnels and also create ramps if aimed right could be an awesome tool...

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #412 on: June 14, 2016, 07:12 PM »

The crafting might make for some cool schemes, but really it would've been so much better if those variations were made into actual new unique weapons, not just reskinned craftables. That way they could have been used more versatively in custom schemes etc. Now it feels just like an unnecessary gimmick just like the coin crates/shop in the recent titles.

Still looking better than I expected originally.

edit: That will probably get old pretty quick if there are that small number of variations, if every weapon had like 3-4, then it could be interesting, kind of  a roguelike type of vibe. And the crafting materials should be so rare that you couldn't craft the strongest weapons in every game, it would be best if in most games you had different choices and couldn't always get the best ones.

There seems to be only 4 types of materials and you can dismantle your existing weapons for more, that kind of worries me, it could mean it's easy to dismantle useless stuff to get the best craftables every single game, thus making the whole system really dull (much like the shop thingy in Rev/CW). This is mostly speculation, of course.

Props for being able to craft in between turns!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:05 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2016, 02:26 AM »

The crafting might make for some cool schemes, but really it would've been so much better if those variations were made into actual new unique weapons, not just reskinned craftables. That way they could have been used more versatively in custom schemes etc. Now it feels just like an unnecessary gimmick just like the coin crates/shop in the recent titles.

Still looking better than I expected originally.

edit: That will probably get old pretty quick if there are that small number of variations, if every weapon had like 3-4, then it could be interesting, kind of  a roguelike type of vibe. And the crafting materials should be so rare that you couldn't craft the strongest weapons in every game, it would be best if in most games you had different choices and couldn't always get the best ones.

There seems to be only 4 types of materials and you can dismantle your existing weapons for more, that kind of worries me, it could mean it's easy to dismantle useless stuff to get the best craftables every single game, thus making the whole system really dull (much like the shop thingy in Rev/CW). This is mostly speculation, of course.

Props for being able to craft in between turns!
can't tell if this is horrible or no

holding breath

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2016, 02:45 AM »
I really dislike crafting weapons, in ANY game, feels like a complete waste of time because there are always limitations, like wtf is the point when everyone else can do the same thing? Plus it usually follows the road of "unlocking" and "collectin" stuff, which is usually monotonous zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #415 on: June 15, 2016, 03:26 AM »
Won't we be able to just turn those options on and off in certain schemes anyways? So it won't really matter. Might help create some newer schemes eventually.

Offline StepS

« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2016, 08:05 AM »
Won't we be able to just turn those options on and off in certain schemes anyways? So it won't really matter. Might help create some newer schemes eventually.
Yes, like already said in Steam, crafting is a scheme option.
Yes, this is the 1000th post.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:40 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline HHC

« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2016, 08:49 AM »
can you use the crafted weapons in non-craft games though? I mean, can you add a stinky SS to your scheme or do normal schemes only have normal SS?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Would be great if we can use crafted weapons without having to craft them, I mean who has time for that xD

Offline Kradie

« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2016, 12:56 PM »
Would be great if we can use crafted weapons without having to craft them, I mean who has time for that xD
Minecraft players.  This is game now is officially ''Wormscraft''
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB