Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:45 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63291 times)

Offline ANO

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #435 on: June 18, 2016, 07:48 PM »
more pussy for everyone!!! that s what Ano believes

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #436 on: June 19, 2016, 05:07 AM »
They are not unlockables, they are weapons that can be used only in crafting schemes, after you've collected enough materials to craft them. Meaning that majority of their gameplay potential is wasted. These things could be easily hidden under "Advanced Settings" in the scheme editor.

That had better not be the case, and if it is, they'd better change it.

It should be a situation of once you craft it, it unlocks in all other modes, or at the bare minimum Full Wormage style where they all unlock at once after all have been crafted or some other goal has been achieved.

Perfect Dark had a similar setup in which once you used a weapon in single player, it became available in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:10 AM by The Extremist »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #437 on: June 19, 2016, 11:53 AM »
It should be a situation of once you craft it, it unlocks in all other modes, or at the bare minimum Full Wormage style where they all unlock at once after all have been crafted or some other goal has been achieved.

Yup!

Offline Tomi

« Reply #438 on: June 19, 2016, 12:30 PM »
This game looks fun.. but the problem of this fun concept is that it last about a month.. or if worse than one a week.. like previous worms games.

I dont like these short movies either, because you put 100 worms on a map and then you use a weapon similar to a bananana bomb.. woow pretty nice, do it 5 times more and go and play another game.. so please stop full wormage, we play it once a year when there is wo time.

And i am waiting also for the rope video.. with those controllers haha it will be damn big own goal.. i bet anyone can rope with those things.. (please convince me that it is possible!) and there are very less schemes which doesnt require some roping. Some players here have a keyboard which worth about 3 or 4 times more than an xbox controller.. they usually bought it for roping.

Even elite requires some very precise roping.. and hysteria.. how to press 5-6 keys in a second on a controller while aiming? I start understanding that you are making this game so slow because of controllers, but I start thinking that maybe this is also the problem a new game always fails.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:34 PM by Tomi »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #439 on: June 19, 2016, 12:45 PM »
This game looks fun.. but the problem of this fun concept is that it last about a month.. or if worse than one a week.. like previous worms games.

I dont like these short movies either, because you put 100 worms on a map and then you use a weapon similar to a bananana bomb.. woow pretty nice, do it 5 times more and go and play another game.. so please stop full wormage, we play it once a year when there is wo time.

And i am waiting also for the rope video.. with those controllers haha it will be damn big own goal.. i bet anyone can rope with those things.. (please convince me that it is possible!) and there are very less schemes which doesnt require some roping. Some players here have a keyboard which worth about 3 or 4 times more than an xbox controller.. they usually bought it for roping.

Even elite requires some very precise roping.. and hysteria.. how to press 5-6 keys in a second on a controller while aiming? I start understanding that you are making this game so slow because of controllers, but I start thinking that maybe this is also the problem a new game always fails.
roping is possible with controller, doesnt mean it is a good idea tho

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2016, 02:48 PM »
Is that you doing crosshand?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Is that you doing crosshand?
nah some brazil i think, im still roping cross tho

Offline Anubis

« Reply #442 on: June 19, 2016, 03:20 PM »
RoX is from Spain afaik.

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #443 on: June 19, 2016, 03:53 PM »
New gameplay.

And here's the updated weapon list:

That's probably all of them. So, 81 + Skip Turn.

34 of them are only usable if crafting is turned off :DDDDD

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:29 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2016, 04:01 PM »
See, the crafting looks cool and I bet there will be some interesting schemes based on it, BUT, all the crafted stuff should be available straight away too for making schemes based on certain stuff.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2016, 04:35 PM »
RoX is from Spain afaik.
i thought RoX was a clan, lol, shows how much i know

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2016, 04:41 PM »
Not being able to select these weapons in scheme editor limits even the crafting schemes. If I want to create a crafting scheme with Minigun by default, I can't do that ;D

So the Drill is not currently in Worms W.M.D - I spoke to the Developers and got some reasoning for you:

"It's not in. Because one of our aims was to keep the weapon set down, we took the drill out but gave the blowtorch a new angle facing all the way down."
"The extra angle on the blowtorch is supposed to make up for lack of drills."

That right there is where you messed it up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:02 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline Peja

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2016, 06:59 PM »
lighter and grinder spotted

I think it's llRoXll
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #449 on: June 20, 2016, 12:33 AM »
So Minigun is locked to crafting? Should be a standard weapon, IMO.

Also, no Surrender utility? What if you want to quit but still spectate?