Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:37 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63536 times)

Offline Tomtysti

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2016, 08:54 AM »
So Minigun is locked to crafting? Should be a standard weapon, IMO.

Yup! It is dumb, I hope they change it!

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Hey everyone,

I'm back from E3!!!

I see there's been some discussion around crafting.

I can answer questions and concerns now so fire away.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2016, 09:57 AM »
@Jonno_Team17
Those questions are "fired away" already, and are now waiting for you to reply. Look from there to the last page to see if there's anything you could answer.

In case you don't want to bother with offtopic comments:
Spoiler! View
(Sub-quotes are relevant too)

*youtube link*

The crafting might make for some cool schemes, but really it would've been so much better if those variations were made into actual new unique weapons, not just reskinned craftables. That way they could have been used more versatively in custom schemes etc. Now it feels just like an unnecessary gimmick just like the coin crates/shop in the recent titles.

Still looking better than I expected originally.

edit: That will probably get old pretty quick if there are that small number of variations, if every weapon had like 3-4, then it could be interesting, kind of  a roguelike type of vibe. And the crafting materials should be so rare that you couldn't craft the strongest weapons in every game, it would be best if in most games you had different choices and couldn't always get the best ones.

There seems to be only 4 types of materials and you can dismantle your existing weapons for more, that kind of worries me, it could mean it's easy to dismantle useless stuff to get the best craftables every single game, thus making the whole system really dull (much like the shop thingy in Rev/CW). This is mostly speculation, of course.

Props for being able to craft in between turns!

I really dislike crafting weapons, in ANY game, feels like a complete waste of time because there are always limitations, like wtf is the point when everyone else can do the same thing? Plus it usually follows the road of "unlocking" and "collectin" stuff, which is usually monotonous zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Would be great if we can use crafted weapons without having to craft them, I mean who has time for that xD
Minecraft players.  This is game now is officially ''Wormscraft''

Quote from: Danny_Team17 at Steam forums
You won't be able to start and immediately have acces to all the crafted weapons but you can set up a scheme so that you have lots of crate drops and they have lots of ingredients.

What a waste!

If this Ninja Rope Pro for example turns out to be the best rope, you can't create schemes based on that... Wat.

Some very interesting weapon concepts there...promising.

I assume that it'll be something like unlocking The Full Wormage. At some point, all weapon variants WILL become available.

Won't they? ???

Quote from: Danny_Team17 at Steam forums
You won't be able to start and immediately have acces to all the crafted weapons but you can set up a scheme so that you have lots of crate drops and they have lots of ingredients.

Seriously... Like when the f**k has an army or whatever went "Sorry, you can't use this gun until you kill 10 taliban"... Really don't enjoy that style of gaming.

No drill, no access to weapons until you unlock them, crafting, basically stealing crap ideas from other games, starting to dislike this game again...

Dunno if I can be bothered buying it now  :o

Unlocking things is fun, no need to get served all the goodies right away. You have to earn it :)

It's better that than having to buy to progress.

They are not unlockables, they are weapons that can be used only in crafting schemes, after you've collected enough materials to craft them. Meaning that majority of their gameplay potential is wasted. These things could be easily hidden under "Advanced Settings" in the scheme editor.

Nice posts guys, you actually seem to care. Had a few laughs. 
Now it's time for Jonno guy to write something in honor of Team17, so we can go back full circle :)

Rope video or lock the thread!

They are not unlockables, they are weapons that can be used only in crafting schemes, after you've collected enough materials to craft them. Meaning that majority of their gameplay potential is wasted. These things could be easily hidden under "Advanced Settings" in the scheme editor.

That had better not be the case, and if it is, they'd better change it.

It should be a situation of once you craft it, it unlocks in all other modes, or at the bare minimum Full Wormage style where they all unlock at once after all have been crafted or some other goal has been achieved.

Perfect Dark had a similar setup in which once you used a weapon in single player, it became available in multiplayer.

And here's the updated weapon list:

*pic*

That's probably all of them. So, 81 + Skip Turn.

34 of them are only usable if crafting is turned off :DDDDD

See, the crafting looks cool and I bet there will be some interesting schemes based on it, BUT, all the crafted stuff should be available straight away too for making schemes based on certain stuff.

Not being able to select these weapons in scheme editor limits even the crafting schemes. If I want to create a crafting scheme with Minigun by default, I can't do that ;D

So the Drill is not currently in Worms W.M.D - I spoke to the Developers and got some reasoning for you:

"It's not in. Because one of our aims was to keep the weapon set down, we took the drill out but gave the blowtorch a new angle facing all the way down."
"The extra angle on the blowtorch is supposed to make up for lack of drills."

That right there is where you messed it up.

(Hopefully I didn't miss too much)
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38 AM »
Ok i'll start with an easy, yet common topic as the jet lag is still pretty heavy.

Crafting materials -

Depending on the scheme you start off with a set amount of materials. You can also deconstruct weapons from the first turn of the match to get more. This means that if your turn isn't first you can have a craftable weapon ready by the time your first go comes around.

You also get random amounts of crafting materials from crafting crates (the ones with a yellow cog on).

Crafting weapons aren't gated by things like kills etc. However if a weapon like the 'Airstrike' has a turn delay on it and you craft one, this crafted weapon will be effected by the turn delay the same as the default loadout one.

So the 3 Ninja ropes:

Ninja Rope - Standard Ninja Rope of the game, using recycled code from Armageddon for an authentic, yet new feel.

Ninja Rope Pro - A slightly suped up version with infinite swings and a longer rope.

Newbie Rope - The Armageddon Rope incarnate, I even feel it has slightly more control. (OPINION)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18 PM »
So Ninja Rope is W:As rope with like 3 Star Power and the Pro one would be like full power rope?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2016, 01:52 PM »
Jonno, please make sure we have access to all 3 ninja ropes in scheme creation.  Not doing so would be in error.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #456 on: June 20, 2016, 03:25 PM »
Jonno, please make sure we have access to all 3 ninja ropes in scheme creation.  Not doing so would be in error.

Myself and Danny (The other Community Manager) are currently compiling a feedback list for the development team :)

Once again thank you for the continued feedback and thoughts, they are being noted.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #457 on: June 20, 2016, 04:19 PM »

Myself and Danny (The other Community Manager) are currently compiling a feedback list for the development team :)

Once again thank you for the continued feedback and thoughts, they are being noted.
Awesome, thanks jonno

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #458 on: June 20, 2016, 11:35 PM »

So the 3 Ninja ropes:

Ninja Rope - Standard Ninja Rope of the game, using recycled code from Armageddon for an authentic, yet new feel.

Ninja Rope Pro - A slightly suped up version with infinite swings and a longer rope.

Newbie Rope - The Armageddon Rope incarnate, I even feel it has slightly more control. (OPINION)

Don't understand why you would call the best rope ever "Newbie Rope" unless i've missed something lol.

Also, any news on having drill in W.M.D? Did you mention it to the developers again?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2016, 11:45 PM »

So the 3 Ninja ropes:

Don't understand why you would call the best rope ever "Newbie Rope" unless i've missed something lol.

Also, any news on having drill in W.M.D? Did you mention it to the developers again?
even if they put in the drill dave, i dont think its going to work like you think its going to work.  the days of the super terrain sticky darts drill are likely over.

« Reply #460 on: June 21, 2016, 03:03 AM »
I don't know if the game will be good or if I will even have enough time to play it but I'll remember that we got more interraction with team 17 than in the last 10 years altogether. Thanks for that .

Offline Kradie

« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2016, 03:05 AM »
All these different ninja ropes, makes me wonder if you can actually modify weapon power.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2016, 06:41 AM »
All these different ninja ropes, makes me wonder if you can actually modify weapon power.

Well I hope so!

Offline ANO

« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2016, 07:24 AM »
recycled code from Armageddon for an authentic, yet new feel

this is what we were waiting for. thanks.
For the other 2 rope kinds, we are more than happy to test them :)

We have an old school rope and maybe other interesting kind of ropes... we will have to lead the new online community to tip and tap like crazy! ahahah

Offline Kradie

« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Well the Ninja Rope Pro, sounds like Worms World Party's Super Rope (Long Rope). It can only be enabled via worm pod option.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB