Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:26 AM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63286 times)

Offline Triad

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #645 on: November 16, 2016, 09:02 AM »
To be honest pre ordering is a shitty concept anyway. Everybody do so deserves any suffering from it. Remember the times we had demos. We were buying the games we already tested. Now people paying games that didn't even came out yet. And this is why devs releases unfinished games.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #646 on: November 16, 2016, 09:09 AM »
What is the point of pre-oders for both players and devs?

Offline Triad

« Reply #647 on: November 16, 2016, 09:25 AM »
What is the point of pre-oders for both players and devs?
Devs give you some exclusive features (getting dlc for free, special stuff for people who pre-ordered etc.) which usually either becomes free or you can buy as dlc later. What devs profit is make people buy game at full price, prevent people refunding games, basically making some quick bucks. Just like how WMD made. Now they put pre-ordering special as free and a small discount, so they'll lure people who haven't buy it yet and make some more money. People can complain as much as they want, they won't care because those people can't refund the game! As a patient gamer, I'll just wait WMD to get -75% discount or more. WWPR got -75%, so WMD will get discounts as much soon enough.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:28 AM by Triad »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #648 on: November 16, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Thanks. I just *****ed it but cant find time to try, its way better than any trial period and you dont have to move your money back and forth, and you can mercilessy delete the game if you dont like it.

Offline Senator

« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2016, 09:48 AM »
I'll just wait WMD to get -75% discount or more.

Didn't u say u could pay 49 Lira? Now it's 43 Lira :P

Offline Triad

« Reply #650 on: November 16, 2016, 10:20 AM »
I'll just wait WMD to get -75% discount or more.

Didn't u say u could pay 49 Lira? Now it's 43 Lira :P
Pretty much changed my mind. It had much players to play with at launch. Now I would buy it for single player content and few games with people. 43 lira too much for it, considering I can get Witcher 3 GOTY for similar price on a sale.

Also now I am more broke. xD

Offline skunk3

« Reply #651 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37 PM »
While on one hand it does annoy me that those who pre-ordered (such as myself) no longer get any exclusive bonus, it was a really dumb idea for Team17 to include bonuses like that, because unless I wanted to host all of the time, I would usually never have access to those special craftables. Now they they can be used much more often, which is great.

WMD is slowly getting better. I couldn't care less about single player or even ranked (unless it got a MAJOR overhaul and added native clan functionality), so for me, online multiplayer is all that matters. My primary gripes right now are:

1. lack of scheme and weapon customization settings (we should be able to edit power, include craftable items in inventories by default, set custom turn times in increments of 1 second, etc...)

2. lack of items overall, especially defensive options. WMD is a very high-powered game and I think that it would greatly benefit from stuff like worship, lucky charm, girder starter pack, freeze, teleshield, teleswap, emergency teleport, and on and on. and basic weapons like mole, petrol bomb, skunk, dragon ball, suicide bomber, and others should of course also be added. I HATE not having moles, petrol, or dragonball. it's so dumb.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2016, 02:15 AM »
edit: nevermind

But anyway, all of the Worms games are on sale on Steam right now. Very cheap deals.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:17 AM by skunk3 »

Online Sensei

« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2016, 02:29 AM »
Just bought myself legit W:A copy.
I don't like Team17, but price was like...2 beers!

Offline skunk3

« Reply #654 on: December 03, 2016, 04:03 PM »
WMD is on sale at Bundlestars for like $20. Also, the other games are on sale quite cheap as well.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #655 on: January 03, 2017, 09:14 AM »
While on one hand it does annoy me that those who pre-ordered (such as myself) no longer get any exclusive bonus, it was a really dumb idea for Team17 to include bonuses like that, because unless I wanted to host all of the time, I would usually never have access to those special craftables. Now they they can be used much more often, which is great.

WMD is slowly getting better. I couldn't care less about single player or even ranked (unless it got a MAJOR overhaul and added native clan functionality), so for me, online multiplayer is all that matters. My primary gripes right now are:

1. lack of scheme and weapon customization settings (we should be able to edit power, include craftable items in inventories by default, set custom turn times in increments of 1 second, etc...)

2. lack of items overall, especially defensive options. WMD is a very high-powered game and I think that it would greatly benefit from stuff like worship, lucky charm, girder starter pack, freeze, teleshield, teleswap, emergency teleport, and on and on. and basic weapons like mole, petrol bomb, skunk, dragon ball, suicide bomber, and others should of course also be added. I HATE not having moles, petrol, or dragonball. it's so dumb.

So true. I can't live without moles