Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:52 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 62482 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 09:24 AM »
in worms armageddon it's so much skill to know how ur opponent is going to slide/bounce off a terrain, but from that WMD video we can see the worms just awkwardly stick in the first pixel they collide with

The new worms games are rather 'slow'. That's why they limited the teamsize to 4 (it would take 15 minutes to get to the 8th worm :O) and also why they made worms harder to plop (by making them 'sticky'), as to make them last longer. The more bounces the more fun, but it would mess up the gameplay in these new titles IMO.

I like how these new things like building and tanks are somehow ridiculously big new features. If the developer was someone else with even slightly competent coding skills and a vision to make an interesting game, there would be several types of customizable vehicles which all have different physics feel to them and different weapons/utilities etc. And other new cool features/weapons.
There's also turrets..
But still, this is a worms game, not a vehicle vs vehicle game. They are a weapon like the other weapons you have. If they would make more the whole worm vs worm gameplay would be lost. Cause in essence it's a game 'like' WA, like the worms we all know and love.
If you want something completely different, try Crazy Golf  :-[

that have so much more innovation and uniqueness in them. Of course it's just one video, but we all know how dull and incompetent Team17 are these days.

People here be whining about how's it not more like the old WA, you whine about how it's not completely different. Make up your minds lol.

Take the game for what it is. It's not ever going to be identical to WA. If you want that... wait for 4.0 to finish.
From what I can tell it looks more promising than any other wormy title the new Team17 has released after WWP. It's in the line of Worms:Reloaded, but definitely more polished and with more attention to gameplay.

I'm sure they will mess up the online servers again and leave some darn annoying bugs in, but even if they do, it's a game that deserves praise IMO.

And it's definitely innovative as well. Who of us would have thought of adding buildings and tanks? And to fit them nicely into the dynamics of a standard worms game?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:26 AM by HHC »

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 10:54 AM »
There's also turrets..
But still, this is a worms game, not a vehicle vs vehicle game. They are a weapon like the other weapons you have. If they would make more the whole worm vs worm gameplay would be lost. Cause in essence it's a game 'like' WA, like the worms we all know and love.
If you want something completely different, try Crazy Golf  :-[
You didn't get my point at all. It was just an example how to do the new vehicles better if they gotta be in the game. I never said I wanted more vehicles on the battlefield, just more variation and them not being a dumbed down shitty game mechanic. In fact I don't even know if I like vehicles in a Worms game.

People here be whining about how's it not more like the old WA, you whine about how it's not completely different. Make up your minds lol.

Take the game for what it is. It's not ever going to be identical to WA. If you want that... wait for 4.0 to finish.
Nope, I didn't whine about that at all, I "whine" about today's Team17 being incompetent at making interesting gameplay and screwing up the glorious potential of what a Worms game could be. I don't want them to do a new and improved W:A, because they've proven many times of not being capable of doing anything even close to that, they don't even understand what makes W:A so special.

And it's definitely innovative as well. Who of us would have thought of adding buildings and tanks? And to fit them nicely into the dynamics of a standard worms game?
Haha. I would've dreamed of more back in 1999 when wondering what a Worms game would be like in 2015. Team17 is riding with the nostalgia and the fact that the sole idea behind Worms gameplay is so fantastic that there will always be players and praise, no matter how shitty the games are, as long as there isn't any real competition in the genre.

Then again if an actually really good Worms-type game would come, it would potentially hurt W:A community, so I'd prefer 4.0 over that.

TL;DR What I'm saying is that IMO the new games are really low-standard shit for casual players, which doesn't really matter to me, since I have W:A, BUT I wish they would also speed up the 4.0 process while doing them new games.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:08 AM by Tomtysti »

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Looks like they are using same engine as Worms Reloaded over and over...
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Looks like they are using same engine as Worms Reloaded over and over...

THIS is what kinda annoys me about the new Worms games, the graphics look a bit nice, but WA games remind me of the current state of the pop music industry, you have the old classics that lasted the years and are generally favourites - W2/WA/WWP : Beatles/Elvis/Michael Jackson - Which people still play/listen to and love, then you have the new "modern" stuff that gets hyped up for maybe a few months and then forgot about... That's exactly what the new Worms games are...

HHC Vs Tomtysi:

My thought on your little debate, I agree with HHC when he says take the game how it is, wait for 4.0 if that's what you want, and I will lol, but at the same time I disagree with him when he says:

Like, how much thought went into this lol, it's not something innovative to gaming is it? They have taken ideas that are 10+ years old and added them to a franchise that's like 20 years old LMAO!

Same goes for Tomtysti I agree with some things he says but not others:

Nope, I didn't whine about that at all, I "whine" about today's Team17 being incompetent at making interesting gameplay and screwing up the glorious potential of what a Worms game could be. I don't want them to do a new and improved W:A, because they've proven many times of not being capable of doing anything even close to that, they don't even understand what makes W:A so special.

The first part there isn't true, it's only YOUR opinion, millions of people around the world take Worms for what it originally is supposed to be which is a little bit of crazy fun, I bet when W2/WA/WWP were 1st made they had no idea how good people would get at it and how serious people would play it. With saying that I have to agree they don't even understand what makes WA so special...

Then again if an actually really good Worms-type game would come, it would potentially hurt W:A community, so I'd prefer 4.0 over that.

If T17 somehow managed to pull a miracle out their asses and make a game in our opinions better than WA, that would be a good thing not a bad thing, it will never happen, and no Worms game ever developed by T17 will ever have the features and playability that WA has thanks to DeadCode and CyberShadow.

With all that being said, I am for one, glad they continue to make more Worms games, one day they might surprise us, and it doesn't hurt to play the new games a little as well as still being addicted to this edition, after all I am a keen gamer, not a 1-hit-wonder kinda guy, I do enjoy other stuff :)

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 06:31 PM »

If T17 somehow managed to pull a miracle out their asses and make a game in our opinions better than WA, that would be a good thing not a bad thing

True, but it could hurt W:A's player base, which would be terrible. It would not be a problem at all if the new game was basically the same game but improved, then there would be no need for W:A anymore. But it would most likely not be like that, it would be good but different and so not have all the things W:A has to offer and therefore the community would be split  :'( Lol, it's tricky. But this is pretty useless speculation though :D Even if there ever will be a game like that, it won't be developed by Team17 unless they change their ways completely.

edit: And I hope HHC or anyone else is not going to buy the new one until they prove they will fix all the bugs and until the game's performance is solid. We should not support their shitty way of treating their fans. They're known for that shit and it won't stop as long as we keep giving them moneys for a few shits and giggles the new games provide. The WWP "remaster" too, wtf was that, that shit was literally the Hitler of game releases. And closing the forums etc. We need to not give in to the bullshit  :-\
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:39 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline HHC

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 07:45 PM »
But maaan, I want my shits and giggles  :(

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 07:49 PM »
But maaan, I want my shits and giggles  :(
Me too but I plan to fight against the urge when the day comes  ;)

edit: Actually, now that Steam refunding is a thing, I might try it for 1h 59min. Oh and I'll try to get a beta access if there's a chance.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:52 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Anyone who praises buildings and tanks as a "worthwhile new addition" is clearly clueless. 

There has always been buildings, they just didn't morph into a graphic when you left them.  Not a groundbreaking addition.

The tanks will just serve to constipate gameplay, I can't see them introducing any new strategic opportunities, more likely just get inside and sit there.  If you'd like to challenge either of these points, go for it.  I hope to be proven wrong, but I doubt I will.

The only true thing about HHC blowing rainbows and unicorns up our collective asses about this game is that, yes, it does look like the most promising worms game in a very, very, long time.  The problem is, the bar is so low it doesn't take much to claim the vaunted title of "best worms game in a decade."  Simply fixing the broken ninja rope basically puts it over the top.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 05:28 PM »
lol nicely said walrus. It's so broken even making one thing close to the original makes it instantly the top contender of best worms game since WWP. :D

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 07:51 PM »
Here is an Ultra news flash: Team17 has announced Worms WMD. This new game has tanks, buildings, and a few other things. We have already seen buildings in Worms Forts: Under Siege, so buildings are nothing new. Tanks, on the other hand, are a new concept to the Worms franchise. This will be excellent... In other news, people are forgetting about Worms World Party Remastered, so that means no more of the same old noobs thinking they're playing the real WWP when in fact, they're playing a cheap knock-off.
Seriously. WWP Remastered is dying out fast, while Worms WMD is getting lots of hype. Worms WMD will actually be a good game, by the way.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 07:57 AM »
This is from the WWPR steam forum:

Quote from: Skiru
will 4.0 even ever come out? when it does it was supposed to be compatible with WWP, right?

I'm assuming you haven't heard of the new Worms? Worms WMD... It's basically Worms Armageddon but less buggy and more of everything, even the roping is just like W:A. Worms WMD actually looks like a really well made game. You should check it out.

Ladieeees and geeeeentlemen, may I present to you, Thurbo 2.0: Remastered! The new and improved Thurbo now comes with 200% Team17 fanboism and, of course, up to even 400% anti-W:A attitude! Buy it now and get access to the T17 SuperSheepGroup, it is THE group for all of you sheep-minded people out there!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 03:37 AM »
I like it that he already knows how it compares to W:A although it's not even out. I should PM him and ask for his glass bubble because mine doesn't tell how it compares to W:A.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 02:05 PM »
Just don't talk, make actual action.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Husk

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 03:57 PM »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 03:45 PM »
Tanks... Buildings... What's next? Re-designing worms to hogs?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural