Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:24 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 62483 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #420 on: June 15, 2016, 01:19 PM »
How do you get "materials" to craft them, though? Or is it a win more type of thing? You kill worms, earn points and then you can spent those on crafting.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #421 on: June 15, 2016, 01:21 PM »
How do you get "materials" to craft them, though? Or is it a win more type of thing? You kill worms, earn points and then you can spent those on crafting.
They come from crate pickups or by disassembling your own weapons

Offline Kradie

« Reply #422 on: June 15, 2016, 01:26 PM »
It would be kind of cool if there were random collectibles on the ground. You get a flower and merge it with Bazooka and then you will have Flower Bazooka!
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #423 on: June 15, 2016, 01:29 PM »
It would be kind of cool if there were random collectibles on the ground. You get a flower and merge it with Bazooka and then you will have Flower Bazooka!
yeh you could go around blowing sunshine and rainbows up peoples asses

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2016, 08:17 PM »

A lot of new reveals in this one!

Here's every weapon / utility that has been confirmed:

edit: Added Wormageddon and Industrial Electromagnet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:26 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #425 on: June 16, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Quote from: Danny_Team17 at Steam forums
You won't be able to start and immediately have acces to all the crafted weapons but you can set up a scheme so that you have lots of crate drops and they have lots of ingredients.

What a waste!

If this Ninja Rope Pro for example turns out to be the best rope, you can't create schemes based on that... Wat.

There's supposed to be new WMD livestream in a couple of hours here: https://www.twitch.tv/team17ltd

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #426 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31 AM »
Some very interesting weapon concepts there...promising.

I assume that it'll be something like unlocking The Full Wormage. At some point, all weapon variants WILL become available.

Won't they? ???

Offline Anubis

« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2016, 12:34 AM »
I wonder if we ever get to see a video dedicated to the rope(s), if you need capable persons to best showcase this, there are plenty in this community.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #428 on: June 17, 2016, 02:39 AM »
You won't be able to start and immediately have acces to all the crafted weapons but you can set up a scheme so that you have lots of crate drops and they have lots of ingredients.

Seriously... Like when the f**k has an army or whatever went "Sorry, you can't use this gun until you kill 10 taliban"... Really don't enjoy that style of gaming.

No drill, no access to weapons until you unlock them, crafting, basically stealing crap ideas from other games, starting to dislike this game again...

Dunno if I can be bothered buying it now  :o

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2016, 11:27 AM »

Seriously... Like when the f**k has an army or whatever went "Sorry, you can't use this gun until you kill 10 taliban"... Really don't enjoy that style of gaming.

No drill, no access to weapons until you unlock them, crafting, basically stealing crap ideas from other games, starting to dislike this game again...

when are you going to stop being 13?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline nino

« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2016, 11:28 AM »

when are you going to stop being 13?

Ropa sometimes you cross the line!!!! Sure komo did act as a 14 years old boy but 13??? cmom man...
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2016, 11:33 AM »
It was a bit pathetic if you ask me.

Unlocking things is fun, no need to get served all the goodies right away. You have to earn it :)

It's better that than having to buy to progress.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2016, 12:12 PM »

Unlocking things is fun, no need to get served all the goodies right away. You have to earn it :)

It's better that than having to buy to progress.

They are not unlockables, they are weapons that can be used only in crafting schemes, after you've collected enough materials to craft them. Meaning that majority of their gameplay potential is wasted. These things could be easily hidden under "Advanced Settings" in the scheme editor.

It is obvious that they consciously ignore the scheme customization and everything that would add to the replayability, because they don't want to make actually great games that people would play for years. They want people to play their games for a year at most, because that's when they release the next one.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:16 PM by Tomtysti »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Yes, of course, I am 13 because I am getting pissed off at the choices Team17 are making and refuse to spend my money on their products!

Oh yes because i'd rather be known as DJ f**kin fossil instead...

Edit: Well, I actually will be buying it seeing as it's a prize for the JpBnG Tournament lol xD
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:50 PM by Komito »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #434 on: June 18, 2016, 02:40 AM »
Nice posts guys, you actually seem to care. Had a few laughs. 
Now it's time for Jonno guy to write something in honor of Team17, so we can go back full circle :)

Rope video or lock the thread!