Forums > Other worms games

wkReSolution for WWP and Worms 2 - HD resolution, zooming and resizing support

<< < (2/2)

StepS:
A new version has been released: 0.4.1.
[*]Added WWP support. Supported versions are European 1.01 and 1.00. Zooming/resizing features are supported, but the "ProgressiveUpdate" option is not available at this time.
[*]Added UseTouchscreenZoom to zooming. This option allows to utilize the touch pinch zoom gesture in order to zoom the game in and out, when Zooming is enabled.
[*]Water rises will now dynamically letterbox the camera (something that was the main issue with caverns), removing the old workaround.
[*]The settings file is now ReSolution.ini instead of W2.ini, to fit both games.
[*]Fixed the default letterboxed dimensions in a cavern, which could slightly shift interface previously.
[*]Various other fixes.[/list]

avirex:
the video you posted says worms2 on the top.. but it sure does look like w:a.. no?

is w2 still alive though?? can anyone be found on the servers these days? last i checked it was very much dead, and inactive.

StepS:

--- Quote from: avirex on October 11, 2014, 11:05 PM ---the video you posted says worms2 on the top.. but it sure does look like w:a.. no?

is w2 still alive though?? can anyone be found on the servers these days? last i checked it was very much dead, and inactive.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the video says worms2 because that's what ReSolution was initially made for, until version 0.4 added WWP support. I didn't make another video as it was quite the same. Visually Worms 2 looks different in a number of ways from W:A, for example, no team flags, colored water, and fewer weapons (smaller weapon panel), in inside there are much more differences though (e.g. backflip is a cheat and jumps too high, etc...)
To answer your question, no, Worms 2 is pretty much dead. A gog release could fix it a little bit but they messed up network play support in that game, so the gog version only supports offline. If you want though we could play a match when you'd like to, the servers are still running.
However WWP is still pretty much alive. Players are not sitting on WormNET, they are scattered all across the internet ready to bring their bright memories back. Hundreds of people visit the compatibility thread everyday. They come and download without registering (the old T17 forums required registrations though so there were a lot of empty inactive users). Around 700000 visits were made over the 4 years to the two old T17 forum compatibility fix threads (as you could see here).
The same thing happens to W:A as well, many of the random visitors are new people who have just installed the game. All this, of course, would have much much less effect if no piracy was in place... But the games are kept alive due to all the things.
People also play WA and WWP in Gameranger. Not sure why, and I haven't seen what they do, but some people prefer that for arranging their matches.
Hope this answers your questions.

Sir-J:
-

StepS:

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 22, 2019, 07:21 PM ---What a great module, thanks a lot, StepS! One thing that bugs me though, screen stutters like crazy (it is also noticeable on the video you posted), is it possible to fix it in the next version? I wish W2 ran more or less as smooth as W:A, because rope is so much better there.

Perhaps 'stutter' is not the right word to describe the problem, but it feels like slideshow for me (5 or so FPS).

--- End quote ---

Make sure that you install "ReSolution with windowed mode support" and not the regular version.
I will also update links to make this clear for Win8+ users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version