Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:32 PM

Author Topic: Worms Battlegrounds PS4  (Read 1624 times)

Offline JayP

Worms Battlegrounds PS4
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:07 PM »
Hey guys I am thinking of picking up worms for the PS4.

I am just wondering does anyone have/play it?

Is it any good worth the €25 yoyo's etc..... let me know :)
Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Worms Battlegrounds PS4
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Hey guys I am thinking of picking up worms for the PS4.

I am just wondering does anyone have/play it?

Is it any good worth the €25 yoyo's etc..... let me know :)

Well, that's a tricky question, you, being an old school Wormer, having experienced the good 'ol days, if you are already considering buying that for the PS4 it means you're already swimming in money. So it might be worth to you in that sense.

However, I wouldn't even play that game if someone gave it to me for free along with a PS4.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline JayP

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Swimming in money?

I wish :) - some day... some day I will figure out how to make it liquid, now all I can think of is this

Fair comments though :)
Skill comes and goes,
But Class is Eternal

Offline skunk3

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 03:22 PM »
Don't listen to the naysayers, the game is excellent. It's vastly different than W:A of course, but still very much worth purchasing and playing.

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Nearly finished the campaign.

My ordeal: aarghghuaaha

It's always nice to pick up other worms games, just to see what ideas are in it regarding schemes, weaps, maps and all that. Inspiration and what not..

Anywho, Battlegrounds is one of the worst releases. It's basically Worms Revolution (with all the nays of that game (shitty rope, worms and crates falling off cliffs out of nowhere, bugs, etc.), but it has the additional **** of having three different kinds of textures that are REALLY hard to keep apart. Often you find yourself jumping on a chunk of land that proved to be just background texture, other times you try to dig into indestructable land, cause it looks just like regular land  :-[ And this happens after 20 finished missions.. it's not a rookie thing.

The missions are dull and uninspired, supposedly the whole campaign plays in a museum, but there is absolutely nothing in the maps that reminds you of that setting. The maps are also identical, no changes in texture, just in map layout.
Also, there are checkpoints on the map that you can enable to save the current state of the mission.. unfortunately it ends your turn.. and sadly, at times you HAVE to pass through them, so losing your turn is not even an option. That's the kind of choices the devs make that I just don't understand. (Same with the addition of anti-darksiding weapons like the bunker buster and even worse Boggy B..)

Rating: 3/10
Buy this for your mother-in-law.

edit: also, no online, and the AI is a combination of CPU5 skills with uhhh.. well.. nothing. If you're in clear nade trajectory it's 40 damage per turn. If you're not.. you might as well take a five hour break and return to find your worm with the same HP. It is absolutely retarded. No words can describe the utter boredom of playing a fort game against a computer that hides in open air on the front side of its fort and that takes 50 turns just to make 3 holes in your fort..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:10 PM by HHC »

Offline skunk3

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Nearly finished the campaign.

My ordeal: aarghghuaaha

It's always nice to pick up other worms games, just to see what ideas are in it regarding schemes, weaps, maps and all that. Inspiration and what not..

Anywho, Battlegrounds is one of the worst releases. It's basically Worms Revolution (with all the nays of that game (shitty rope, worms and crates falling off cliffs out of nowhere, bugs, etc.), but it has the additional **** of having three different kinds of textures that are REALLY hard to keep apart. Often you find yourself jumping on a chunk of land that proved to be just background texture, other times you try to dig into indestructable land, cause it looks just like regular land  :-[ And this happens after 20 finished missions.. it's not a rookie thing.

The missions are dull and uninspired, supposedly the whole campaign plays in a museum, but there is absolutely nothing in the maps that reminds you of that setting. The maps are also identical, no changes in texture, just in map layout.
Also, there are checkpoints on the map that you can enable to save the current state of the mission.. unfortunately it ends your turn.. and sadly, at times you HAVE to pass through them, so losing your turn is not even an option. That's the kind of choices the devs make that I just don't understand. (Same with the addition of anti-darksiding weapons like the bunker buster and even worse Boggy B..)

Rating: 3/10
Buy this for your mother-in-law.

edit: also, no online, and the AI is a combination of CPU5 skills with uhhh.. well.. nothing. If you're in clear nade trajectory it's 40 damage per turn. If you're not.. you might as well take a five hour break and return to find your worm with the same HP. It is absolutely retarded. No words can describe the utter boredom of playing a fort game against a computer that hides in open air on the front side of its fort and that takes 50 turns just to make 3 holes in your fort..

I gotta disagree here. I think that of the post-WWP games, Clan Wars/Battlegrounds is one of the better ones. Reloaded was terrible, Revolution introduced some cool new gameplay elements but it had a lot of bugs and weird problems. CW/BG fixed a lot of issues present in Revolution. While I do think that the terrain/textures can be hard to differentiate at times, I got used to it. I played CW a bit on PC and then switched to BG for PS4 and logged tons of hours. I do agree that the single player side of it sucks though. The single player content in WMD is far better but the AI still isn't that great.

I imagine the game is probably largely dead now but the multiplayer was really fun while it lasted.