Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:14 PM

Author Topic: Worms Rumble  (Read 6356 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Worms Rumble
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 09:54 AM »
Hahahahahaha

*deep breath*

Hahahhahaha

What a bunch of idiots over there at t17

There won’t be enough players after a month to start a match

Offline Sensei

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 12:18 PM »
There won’t be enough players after a month to start a match

That's what I wrote in t17 discord.. Wished them luck as well  :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 07:06 PM »
I was about to be positive about this game, but then I had a second look at trailer and it's trash. Very generic, boring, and non exciting.  No wonder that Worms 2020 trailer showed a worm smashing previous tittles to bits. Worms franchise is indeed dead.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Well the franchise has already been bigger than the "standard" 2D and 3D games, don't forget about Pinball, Blast, and Golf, technically you could consider this a spinoff just like those other games.
But the problem is that they are promoting it as a direct continuation of the series (hence the "Worms 2020" codename).
Indeed, I love Worms Golf and Worms Pinball.

And exactly what you said in your second sentence StepS.

Battle royale games though... I'd rather drag my bare balls over a small planatoid of rusty razors, cacti, dip them in vinega while at the same time attempting to sit on the worlds biggest buttplug, then join ZaR, than play anything to do with a battle royale game  :o
Yeah, an another not-so-good spinoff of Worms, In my opinion mixing Worms with Pinball and Golf is not the best but not too bad (...in shorter words a "Nice Idea").

In other hand Worms Blast is my favorite spinoff, cause it gives me inspiration for a fan-game called: WAR'N'GUNS BLAST! (https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/off-topic/warnguns-blast-(a-puyo-puyo-vs-2-mod)-32616/)

But mixing Worms with Fortnite (Battle Royale) is definitely the dumbest idea ever. (Especially trolling everyone with the first trailer.)

Let's just hope Team17 will make an apologize for that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 08:52 PM by Edoardo Moretti »

Offline Senator

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 08:12 PM »
This time, they will at least have a beta test.. everybody sign up! :D https://mailchi.mp/team17/worms-2020-beta-sign-up

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 11:47 PM »
This time, they will at least have a beta test.. everybody sign up! :D https://mailchi.mp/team17/worms-2020-beta-sign-up

They had a beta for Worms Revolution. A bunch of bugs made it through then.

Offline Electric Grenade

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 07:30 AM »
Eh...not sure what to think.

I mean, real-time is now an official thing, but I'm not sure if this is online only or something. Would love custom stuff too.

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 09:18 AM »
If you think Worms Rumble was bad enough to damage the franchise...

CHECK WHAT I FOUND ON MY ANDROID? >:(

*This is a legit Worms 4 ad*

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Ppl who applied for beta testing should have gotten key to activate it on Steam. Check your e-mails. From today, you should be able to play it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 11:41 AM by Sensei »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Worms Rumble is the ultimate proof Team17 care more about trends and profit than making unique games that last the test of time.

"Hey guys, let's make a Battle Royale game guys, Battle Royale is popular guys, people spend lots of money on stupid cosmetic features in Battle Royale games guys, C'MON GUYS, LET'S DO IT GUYS! LET'S IGNORANTLY MAKE KIDS MILK THE WALLETS OF PARENTS ALL OVER THE WORLD GUYS - F**KING GUYS GUYS!!!!"

I bet the matchmaking system, ranks and everything that we grew up considering great competitive features, will be rubbish or non-existant.

As usual it will lack features that people desire that seem basic and ABSOLUTELY F**KING STUPID not to include.

It will pop off for a few months, some big YouTubers will do some typical "PLEASE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE OR I'LL DIE FROM DEPRESSION AND LONELINESS" cringy af videos where they talk too much and scream like people who believe in ghosts throughout, then it'll rapidly become less active, just like all the other Worms games after W2/WA/WWP.

Then next year the cycle will continue with some other bullsh*t Worms game advertised, so, see you all then :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:42 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2020, 08:39 PM »
Worms Rumble is the ultimate proof Team17 care more about trends and profit than making unique games that last the test of time.

"Hey guys, let's make a Battle Royale game guys, Battle Royale is popular guys, people spend lots of money on stupid cosmetic features in Battle Royale games guys, C'MON GUYS, LET'S DO IT GUYS! LET'S IGNORANTLY MAKE KIDS MILK THE WALLETS OF PARENTS ALL OVER THE WORLD GUYS - F**KING GUYS GUYS!!!!"

I bet the matchmaking system, ranks and everything that we grew up considering great competitive features, will be rubbish or non-existant.

As usual it will lack features that people desire that seem basic and ABSOLUTELY F**KING STUPID not to include.

It will pop off for a few months, some big YouTubers will do some typical "PLEASE LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE OR I'LL DIE FROM DEPRESSION AND LONELINESS" cringy af videos where they talk too much and scream like people who believe in ghosts throughout, then it'll rapidly become less active, just like all the other Worms games after W2/WA/WWP.

Then next year the cycle will continue with some other bullsh*t Worms game advertised, so, see you all then :)

As begin an Asperger of Culture it reminds me a scene from Courage The Cowardly Dog:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:30 PM by Edoardo Moretti »

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2020, 07:47 AM »
Pffft... Still "blah blah, mario is amazing, worms suck dick", eh. Well, Nintendo has reinvented the story wheel with their mascot way more than Team17 with their representatives did. All Worms games have terrible physics for any W:A tryhard, but these physics are taken gracefully by me. After all, everything they don't excel in gameplay is accomplished by their story. To be direct with ya again, you pretty much tryhard at one game and use no other. Do I really need to say anything more. They don't obey your maggot faces, they live by the laws of the VALVE Corporation, deal with it if ya dare. Do the perfection yourself if you can't be pleased by the offical men of Team17.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2020, 08:18 AM »
And Fortnite is also used in the memes o' hatred. Free, for hatred memes. Paid, - for men of the graceful physics handle (like me, for example - of course, I would repack it, but... I would not hate it just cause it is hated by you, always non-adopted to changes). Admit it, do you even know where the real direction of Team17 is? You don't know? Well, it's Hat Fortress 2 for sure!
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2020, 05:37 PM »
...because that's what the business is for?

I don't like it too, but every corporation does that. The one that brought this so-called "american-(business)-way-of-life" into the game-world is definitely Valve corp. After the HL series along with the Portal 1 and 2 (I don't mention Counter-Strike and few others that were invented by the community programmers) they just started to release some trash (with their quick, buggy updates), and productions aimed for the younger users, so the kids could spend more money taken or stolen from their parents - that's the brutal business policy, that's why parents should be smarter these days, to be able to protect their kids against modern Life-traps...

Regards...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:16 AM by GrO »

...even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible... ...

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 01:50 PM »
...because that's what the business is for?

I don't like it too, but every corporation does that. The one that brought this so-called "american-(business)-way-of-life" into the game-world is definitely Valve corp. After the HL series along with the Portal 1 and 2 (I don't mention Counter-Strike and few others that were invented by the community programmers) they just started to release some trash (with their quick, buggy updates), and productions aimed for the younger users, so the kids could spend more money taken or stolen from their parents - that's the brutal business policy, that's why parents should be smarter these days, to be able to protect their kids against modern Life-traps...

Regards...
Magnificent, GrO, you aren't just a n00b, a W:A tryhard, a graceless being, a maggot - you are more than that. You can actually handle the newer titles gracefully rather than scream at the company that engineers them. Most TUSers are... well... graceless losers who aren't adopting to and/or using the changes of newer Worms titles. Instead they prefer critism over reality. What a pointless existenistence most humans are. They are just wits and cries with "blah-blah, this game sux" bundled into these. I didn't wit or cry about games newer than W:A -  I have engineered them into my story builds.
...heh, roughly said, however I feel that everyone has his purpose here (even those we don't understand yet), not everyone is able to find his role in Life (when they're running circles, in a rush, between so-called career, kitchen and the toilet), or maybe there are only some people with the "Role", dunno how it's exactly yet, but even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible...

Even we're discussing here now, because some guy was shocked with another cheap game being garbage and the fact business' marketing tricks are made to fool people at the first place - the profit is just another directly proportional curve, but I know you know that already... :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:03 AM by GrO »

...even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible... ...