Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:18 PM

Author Topic: Worms WMD  (Read 10001 times)

Offline Husk

Re: Worms WMD
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 11:37 AM »
hey guys I know of a better flash game and it's free... go play bloons tower defense 4 =P

Offline Sensei

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 11:51 AM »
Watching  some videos on you tube and this looks like shit, tbh.
Never expected anything so not surprised.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 12:18 PM »

Bad luck buddy, it works flawlessly for me xD.

after how many games then?

6 games, but last game I experienced something weird. Check this out:
I loaded into an empty game with no opponent, placed worms, game ended, collected rating. #easy_game_easy_life  :D

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 06:53 PM »
hey guys I know of a better flash game and it's free... go play bloons tower defense 4 =P

Or play Tanki online. :P

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline goom

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 11:15 PM »

haven't played Bloons TD in years, i really liked those games until it went 'Pay to Win' (Bloons TD 5 introduced microtransactions)

speaking of Flash, i remember wasting hours on the eyezmaze GROW series, imaginative games where you need to click in right order. (nano 3 is an easy one to start with). i've been thinking about making a W:A map with the GROW art style for some time, actually.

/offtopic

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 08:30 AM »
I just lost my first 300 points in ranked, by winning yet another game  ???

edit: f@#!ing hell happened again

On the other hand I've had diffrent issue with my turn ending depsite having 1-2 seconds left. Sometimes it drives me nuts.

There were some teething issues with the ranked point system upon launch, so please accept my apologies for that.

We've pushed out an update to address the worst of this and are monitoring it closely to see if it has remedied the situation.

Thanks for your patience with this.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline goom

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2016, 09:09 AM »

On the other hand I've had diffrent issue with my turn ending depsite having 1-2 seconds left. Sometimes it drives me nuts.

There were some teething issues with the ranked point system upon launch, so please accept my apologies for that.

We've pushed out an update to address the worst of this and are monitoring it closely to see if it has remedied the situation.

any sort of version change log we could view?  would be nice to be able to follow the progress along.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 09:35 AM »

any sort of version change log we could view?  would be nice to be able to follow the progress along.

When we push out updates/patches we'll provide a change lof via Steam forums.

The tweaks we've done thus far are a few behind the scenes quick fixes to make ranked work as intended on the server side.
Community Manager at Team17

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 10:00 AM »
Still losing points for winning ranked. It happens when I reach rank 9 and then play vs rank 10.
Jonno, where should we provide our feedback, bug reports and wishlist?

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Senator

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2016, 12:57 PM »
A quick look at WA schemes and their suitability to WMD

Shopper: Even the normal rope is just fine for Shopper. Knocking is hard in WMD and you can't knock a worm directly but after touching the ground first. Therefore many WA Shopper maps have hides where it's impossible to knock. I wonder if crafting could be included in Shopper some way.
WxW: It's playable and it doesn't lack any important setting/weapon. Roping is not identical to WA though. The worm feels lighter and it doesn't bounce as much from walls.
Roper: No water drops, health crates are 25 instead of 20 and crates keep spawning at sudden death
TTRR: Worms can't go through each other and no infinite turn time -> oldschool RR. Controlling the worm on tight TTRR maps is harder, especially with the sensitive "newbie rope". You may need to upscale WA maps more than 200% (which is the correct upscaling if you compare the worms' hitboxes)
Elite: No axe, skunk, petrol, napalm strike, bow, kamikaze, drill (torch can do it), bungee, dragon ball, mortar, handgun. No team weapon but you can add SS/holy with delay.
Hysteria: The shortest turn time is 15 secs, no petrol or flame thrower
Team17: At sudden death worms don't lose HP and worm select is still available. No similar double cavern maps (there are still cavern maps with two levels that are closed from the sides)
BnG: No low gravity, no max/min bounce. Grenades and bazooka work quite well as far as I know.

So what schemes can we have in WMD besides Pro (haven't tried the Intermediate scheme yet)? Something around crafting or vehicles..? Some kind of WA scheme variants are possible. I read they will add Forts scheme later. On default maps it would be possible to play cavern Shopper (more like 30s Roper cos the map is big).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:47 PM by Senator »

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 01:36 PM »
;o

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Resolution seems to be good this game

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Will this be smooth on my PC? :)

My system:-

Processor:- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.3 GHz
GPU (Separate):- GeForce 7200/7300

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 08:08 PM »

Shopper: Even the normal rope is just fine for Shopper. Knocking is hard in WMD and you can't knock a worm directly but after touching the ground first. Therefore many WA Shopper maps have hides where it's impossible to knock. I wonder if crafting could be included in Shopper some way.
WxW: It's playable and it doesn't lack any important setting/weapon. Roping is not identical to WA though. The worm feels lighter and it doesn't bounce as much from walls.
Roper: No water drops, health crates are 25 instead of 20 and crates keep spawning at sudden death
TTRR: Worms can't go through each other and no infinite turn time -> oldschool RR. Controlling the worm on tight TTRR maps is harder, especially with the sensitive "newbie rope". You may need to upscale WA maps more than 200% (which is the correct upscaling if you compare the worms' hitboxes)
Elite: No axe, skunk, petrol, napalm strike, bow, kamikaze, drill (torch can do it), bungee, dragon ball, mortar, handgun. No team weapon but you can add SS/holy with delay.
Team17: At sudden death worms don't lose HP and worm select is still available. No similar double cavern maps (there are still cavern maps with two levels that are closed from the sides)
BnG: No low gravity, no max/min bounce. Grenades and bazooka work quite well as far as I know.

So what schemes can we have in WMD besides Pro (haven't tried the Intermediate scheme yet)? Something around crafting or vehicles..? Some kind of WA scheme variants are possible. I read they will add Forts scheme later. On default maps it would be possible to play cavern Shopper (more like 30s Roper cos the map is big).

Thanks Senator. Conclusion, no one from WA will really last long in WMDB as long as they dont fix that which most likely will be never.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2016, 08:45 PM »

You are thinking in old terms, grandpa.  There are many new scheme possibilities that will become the norm in WMD:

Vehicle Melee - Each team starts out with 4 vehicles of their choosing, they must use strategy to select which vehicles best balance out the team meta.  Attack by air or unleash havoc with leaping tank attacks.  Last team standing wins.

Donkey Crafter -  It's an all-out, no holds barred race to collect ingredients for making the concrete donkey!  A race against the clock to make your donkey before the enemy team finishes theirs!

Worm and Go Seek - Can you find your opponent's worm in this map littered with buildings?  You must use your deductive skills to find the opposing teams worms before time runs out!

Drill-less Darts - Fling your worms toward a dart board with differing point values determining the winner.  Why don't the worms stick to the dartboard?  No one knows.

Time Trial Helicopter Race - Race against your opponent's time through mazes of varying difficulties!  Take your piloting skills to the max to prove who truly is the fastest pilot in all of worms!