Forums > Other worms games

Worms WMD is now 50% off

<< < (5/7) > >>

TheKomodo:
130 players for a modern game that costs over £10 on release, LMFAO! WA does more than that in a day...

Senator:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on September 25, 2017, 05:27 PM ---WA does more than that in a day...

--- End quote ---

WA does what? I was referring to the "average players" number from steam charts. It's 130 for WMD and 85 for WA (counting only Steam users). Sadly WMD playerbase is divided between Steam, Gog, Xbox, PS4 and now Nintendo Switch. And sadly people play different Worms titles. Even Revolution has some playerbase.

TheKomodo:
Oh thought you meant only 130 people play online lol

Anubis:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 23, 2017, 06:45 AM ---
There's no harm in supporting a company that has provided us all with a game we love. The only way to ensure that an amazing future Worms title is to be released is to pay attention to their vision and provide as much feedback as possible. Have any of you ever considered the fact that it is very possible that the best Worms game of all time could be yet to come?

--- End quote ---

The company, the developers in specific, have long left the building afaik. Why should I support people that never made the great W:A just because they happen to work in that company? I'd rather want to support those guys that made W:A. And it shows, W:A will probably always be the pinnacle of the Worms franchise simply because the developers are not there anymore. The same happens all the time everywhere you look. Diablo 1/2 and then Diablo 3. The Developers long left Blizzard that made D1 and 2 great. A game company should mean nothing to you since it's an ever changing and evolving facility that more often than not changes drastically both in vision and execution since people come and go.

skunk3:

--- Quote from: Anubis on September 26, 2017, 06:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 23, 2017, 06:45 AM ---
There's no harm in supporting a company that has provided us all with a game we love. The only way to ensure that an amazing future Worms title is to be released is to pay attention to their vision and provide as much feedback as possible. Have any of you ever considered the fact that it is very possible that the best Worms game of all time could be yet to come?

--- End quote ---

The company, the developers in specific, have long left the building afaik. Why should I support people that never made the great W:A just because they happen to work in that company? I'd rather want to support those guys that made W:A. And it shows, W:A will probably always be the pinnacle of the Worms franchise simply because the developers are not there anymore. The same happens all the time everywhere you look. Diablo 1/2 and then Diablo 3. The Developers long left Blizzard that made D1 and 2 great. A game company should mean nothing to you since it's an ever changing and evolving facility that more often than not changes drastically both in vision and execution since people come and go.

--- End quote ---

Regardless of that, Team17 is still in charge of the franchise and they DO have the capability of making an amazing Worms title. They just need to listen more to veteran players, especially individuals who have a lot of experience with ALL of the Worms games, such as myself. The problem doesn't lie with the fact that they are incapable of making a killer Worms game... the main problems with the past few games are:

1. The games are clearly designed for console (*multi-platform) first and foremost, and it's pretty obvious to everyone that Worms is best on computer.

2. Team17 is really bad about recognizing what it is about previous Worms games that people liked, therefore leaving out many features, options, and items.

3. Team17 is really bad about insisting on innovation in newer games, which leads to gimmicks. The crafting system in WMD is a perfect example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Crafting ruins Worms gameplay.

4. They are really bad about cash grabs. WWP was basically just a slight improvement over W:A. Clan Wars should have been a patch for Revolution, but instead it ended up being a completely separate game - the game Revolution SHOULD have been from the start.

5. Team17 is really bad about naming conventions. The console version of Reloaded is "Worms 2: Armageddon." WTF? Also, we were promised by Team17 that Clan Wars would be a PC exclusive... then they released it on consoles under the name of "Worms Battlegrounds." Basically, they straight-up lied.

6. There were supposedly beta programs for Reloaded, Revolution, and Clan Wars, but I never got selected to be a part of any of them. WMD didn't even have a beta, and if it had, so many issues would have been pointed out before launch. Newer Worms games launch with so many problems it's unreal.

Long story short, if Team17 would stop dividing the player base and actually listen to and work with old school Worms players, they could easily make a game as good as or better than W:A. WMD has serious potential, but the shame is that it will probably never have the chance to live up to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version