Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:07 AM

Author Topic: Worms WMD is now 50% off  (Read 3597 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Worms WMD is now 50% off
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 09:25 PM »
WMD in its current form isn't terrible but it does suck in certain ways.

It's just really disappointing because it could have been an awesome game if they just fixed a few things and added some more features. Their 'roadmap' for planned updates on the Steam forum was never adhered to aside from the first couple of things. They lied about that too. The only update we can expect to get any time soon is 2 new terrain themes and a few hats. Big deal.

My current take on Team17 is that they have no desire to make the ultimate Worms game, they just want to make money. They are also notoriously bad about promising things they never deliver on, as well as failing to incorporate good features that basically everyone wants from past games into future titles. One of these days I hope that they sell off the Worms franchise to another developer who will do it right and listen to players... or if some other dev just copies the basic formula and makes the game even better. I've played some other artillery/strategy games and none of them stack up. Shellshock Live was cool for a couple of days but I eventually realized that the majority of the people on there are cheaters/grinders.

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Re: Worms WMD is now 50% off
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Hm... give it a try, eh? Let's pick SEGA or Nintendo for the job. SEGA's fanmade Sonic Mania game really fits the style the Worms should have been.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!