Forums > Other worms games

Worms WMD is now 50% off

<< < (4/7) > >>

skunk3:
I think what Komo was getting at is a lot of this anger is unjustified and childish.

I am willing to be that the majority of you guys who talk trash about WMD have never even played it. You might have watched some YouTube videos and that's probably it.

WMD was a good effort on Team17's part. The fact that they blatantly tried to make a modern Worms title that hearkens back to the overwhelming community favorite (W:A) is a good start. I have some issues with WMD, and yeah W:A is my favorite overall, but until you actually put in some time playing the game, I don't see the point of acting like a bunch of elitist psychos. At least give it a fair shake before condemning it.

I know that some of you probably never even purchased a legit copy of W:A, and even if you have, everyone here can surely agree that they have received far more than their money's worth from the game. There's no harm in supporting a company that has provided us all with a game we love. The only way to ensure that an amazing future Worms title is to be released is to pay attention to their vision and provide as much feedback as possible. Have any of you ever considered the fact that it is very possible that the best Worms game of all time could be yet to come?

Anyhow, I digress. 

I have to admit that I am becoming more and more annoyed with Team17. Before WMD launched, I had high hopes yet also several reservations about new gameplay features - crafting and vehicles in particular. Upon launch I realized that my gut feelings were correct. I can't stand either of those features. Crafting is definitely the worse of the two, though. I was optimistic about the game after I saw that Team17 community managers were active on the Steam forums and seemed to really care about feedback. They improved the game a lot with some patches, added some missing features, rebooted the ranked system (which was terrible, and still needs work), etc. They rolled out a 12 month 'roadmap' of planned additions to the game, which is so far behind it's laughable. WMD could be a really awesome game if they would just heed my advice, and the advice of others. In its current state it isn't a BAD game... it could just be so much better. The real kicker is the fact that many of the things they could patch into the game to make it better would take relatively little effort, like more scheme/gameplay customization options, the ability to edit fkey relationships to weapons, UI tweaks, chat features, etc. I'd say the thing that bugs me the most about the game right now is the fact that the overall balance of the weapons in the game feels off to me. There's too many high-powered and/or easy-to-use items, and we are also missing many key weapons and utilities not only from W:A, but also subsequent games. If they would patch the game with more customization options and an influx of about 25 or so weapons and utilties from past games, it would drastically improve the quality of the game.

For the last couple of months there has been almost complete silence from Team17. This is what I am pissed about the most. People have been posting to the Steam forum and there's no response. I also hate the fact that they are putting all of this effort into releasing the game for the Nintendo Switch when the people who own it on other platforms have so many valid critiques. By releasing the game on yet another platform they are just further dividing the player base. I hope and pray that the next Worms title is exclusive to Steam and that it isn't released on consoles whatsoever so that everyone who wants to play is all in one spot. WMD would probably be a fairly active game if it wasn't divided. It would also be far easier for Team17 to roll out patches and add new stuff to the game. 

Sensei:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 23, 2017, 06:45 AM ---I think what Komo was getting at is a lot of this anger is unjustified and childish.

I am willing to be that the majority of you guys who talk trash about WMD have never even played it. You might have watched some YouTube videos and that's probably it.

--- End quote ---

I talk shit about WMD cause I've tried it and hated it.
It feels so unnatural and clumsy compared to W:A that it's actually funny.

skunk3:

--- Quote from: Sensei on September 23, 2017, 11:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 23, 2017, 06:45 AM ---I think what Komo was getting at is a lot of this anger is unjustified and childish.

--- End quote ---

I talk shit about WMD cause I've tried it and hated it.
It feels so unnatural and clumsy compared to W:A that it's actually funny.

--- End quote ---

You get used to the differences. WMD is actually pretty solid mechanics-wise aside from a few small quibbles. It's definitely far better than Reloaded, Revolution, or Clan Wars in terms of feel and responsiveness. I think that W:A feels better on the whole but I don't know if that's because it IS better or I am just biased from playing W:A for so long.

Anyhow, as I said, WMD could be a great game if they just rolled out a nice patch that addresses issues.

Senator:

--- Quote from: skunk3 on September 23, 2017, 06:45 AM ---I hope and pray that the next Worms title is exclusive to Steam and that it isn't released on consoles whatsoever so that everyone who wants to play is all in one spot. WMD would probably be a fairly active game if it wasn't divided.

--- End quote ---

The next title should have cross-play between PC and consoles. There are already games that have cross-play between Xbox and Windows 10, for example. According to Steam charts WMD has currently 130 players on average. With cross-play it could be like 300.. I wish they released a new version of WMD with cross-play.

nino:
I talk shit about Worms WMD cos i dont even need to play it to say it is sucks..cos only watching vids it is possible and u know why?

Cos king!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version