Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:14 AM

Author Topic: Worms WMD is now 50% off  (Read 3596 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: Worms WMD is now 50% off
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 06:45 AM »
I think what Komo was getting at is a lot of this anger is unjustified and childish.

I am willing to be that the majority of you guys who talk trash about WMD have never even played it. You might have watched some YouTube videos and that's probably it.

WMD was a good effort on Team17's part. The fact that they blatantly tried to make a modern Worms title that hearkens back to the overwhelming community favorite (W:A) is a good start. I have some issues with WMD, and yeah W:A is my favorite overall, but until you actually put in some time playing the game, I don't see the point of acting like a bunch of elitist psychos. At least give it a fair shake before condemning it.

I know that some of you probably never even purchased a legit copy of W:A, and even if you have, everyone here can surely agree that they have received far more than their money's worth from the game. There's no harm in supporting a company that has provided us all with a game we love. The only way to ensure that an amazing future Worms title is to be released is to pay attention to their vision and provide as much feedback as possible. Have any of you ever considered the fact that it is very possible that the best Worms game of all time could be yet to come?

Anyhow, I digress. 

I have to admit that I am becoming more and more annoyed with Team17. Before WMD launched, I had high hopes yet also several reservations about new gameplay features - crafting and vehicles in particular. Upon launch I realized that my gut feelings were correct. I can't stand either of those features. Crafting is definitely the worse of the two, though. I was optimistic about the game after I saw that Team17 community managers were active on the Steam forums and seemed to really care about feedback. They improved the game a lot with some patches, added some missing features, rebooted the ranked system (which was terrible, and still needs work), etc. They rolled out a 12 month 'roadmap' of planned additions to the game, which is so far behind it's laughable. WMD could be a really awesome game if they would just heed my advice, and the advice of others. In its current state it isn't a BAD game... it could just be so much better. The real kicker is the fact that many of the things they could patch into the game to make it better would take relatively little effort, like more scheme/gameplay customization options, the ability to edit fkey relationships to weapons, UI tweaks, chat features, etc. I'd say the thing that bugs me the most about the game right now is the fact that the overall balance of the weapons in the game feels off to me. There's too many high-powered and/or easy-to-use items, and we are also missing many key weapons and utilities not only from W:A, but also subsequent games. If they would patch the game with more customization options and an influx of about 25 or so weapons and utilties from past games, it would drastically improve the quality of the game.

For the last couple of months there has been almost complete silence from Team17. This is what I am pissed about the most. People have been posting to the Steam forum and there's no response. I also hate the fact that they are putting all of this effort into releasing the game for the Nintendo Switch when the people who own it on other platforms have so many valid critiques. By releasing the game on yet another platform they are just further dividing the player base. I hope and pray that the next Worms title is exclusive to Steam and that it isn't released on consoles whatsoever so that everyone who wants to play is all in one spot. WMD would probably be a fairly active game if it wasn't divided. It would also be far easier for Team17 to roll out patches and add new stuff to the game. 

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:01 AM by skunk3 »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 11:36 AM »
I think what Komo was getting at is a lot of this anger is unjustified and childish.

I am willing to be that the majority of you guys who talk trash about WMD have never even played it. You might have watched some YouTube videos and that's probably it.

I talk shit about WMD cause I've tried it and hated it.
It feels so unnatural and clumsy compared to W:A that it's actually funny.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13 AM »

I talk shit about WMD cause I've tried it and hated it.
It feels so unnatural and clumsy compared to W:A that it's actually funny.

You get used to the differences. WMD is actually pretty solid mechanics-wise aside from a few small quibbles. It's definitely far better than Reloaded, Revolution, or Clan Wars in terms of feel and responsiveness. I think that W:A feels better on the whole but I don't know if that's because it IS better or I am just biased from playing W:A for so long.

Anyhow, as I said, WMD could be a great game if they just rolled out a nice patch that addresses issues.

Offline Senator

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06 AM »
I hope and pray that the next Worms title is exclusive to Steam and that it isn't released on consoles whatsoever so that everyone who wants to play is all in one spot. WMD would probably be a fairly active game if it wasn't divided.

The next title should have cross-play between PC and consoles. There are already games that have cross-play between Xbox and Windows 10, for example. According to Steam charts WMD has currently 130 players on average. With cross-play it could be like 300.. I wish they released a new version of WMD with cross-play.

Offline nino

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 02:04 PM »
I talk shit about Worms WMD cos i dont even need to play it to say it is sucks..cos only watching vids it is possible and u know why?

Cos king!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 05:27 PM »
130 players for a modern game that costs over £10 on release, LMFAO! WA does more than that in a day...

Offline Senator

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 08:21 PM »
WA does more than that in a day...

WA does what? I was referring to the "average players" number from steam charts. It's 130 for WMD and 85 for WA (counting only Steam users). Sadly WMD playerbase is divided between Steam, Gog, Xbox, PS4 and now Nintendo Switch. And sadly people play different Worms titles. Even Revolution has some playerbase.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 12:42 AM »
Oh thought you meant only 130 people play online lol

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2017, 06:44 PM »

There's no harm in supporting a company that has provided us all with a game we love. The only way to ensure that an amazing future Worms title is to be released is to pay attention to their vision and provide as much feedback as possible. Have any of you ever considered the fact that it is very possible that the best Worms game of all time could be yet to come?

The company, the developers in specific, have long left the building afaik. Why should I support people that never made the great W:A just because they happen to work in that company? I'd rather want to support those guys that made W:A. And it shows, W:A will probably always be the pinnacle of the Worms franchise simply because the developers are not there anymore. The same happens all the time everywhere you look. Diablo 1/2 and then Diablo 3. The Developers long left Blizzard that made D1 and 2 great. A game company should mean nothing to you since it's an ever changing and evolving facility that more often than not changes drastically both in vision and execution since people come and go.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 08:46 AM »

There's no harm in supporting a company that has provided us all with a game we love. The only way to ensure that an amazing future Worms title is to be released is to pay attention to their vision and provide as much feedback as possible. Have any of you ever considered the fact that it is very possible that the best Worms game of all time could be yet to come?

The company, the developers in specific, have long left the building afaik. Why should I support people that never made the great W:A just because they happen to work in that company? I'd rather want to support those guys that made W:A. And it shows, W:A will probably always be the pinnacle of the Worms franchise simply because the developers are not there anymore. The same happens all the time everywhere you look. Diablo 1/2 and then Diablo 3. The Developers long left Blizzard that made D1 and 2 great. A game company should mean nothing to you since it's an ever changing and evolving facility that more often than not changes drastically both in vision and execution since people come and go.

Regardless of that, Team17 is still in charge of the franchise and they DO have the capability of making an amazing Worms title. They just need to listen more to veteran players, especially individuals who have a lot of experience with ALL of the Worms games, such as myself. The problem doesn't lie with the fact that they are incapable of making a killer Worms game... the main problems with the past few games are:

1. The games are clearly designed for console (*multi-platform) first and foremost, and it's pretty obvious to everyone that Worms is best on computer.

2. Team17 is really bad about recognizing what it is about previous Worms games that people liked, therefore leaving out many features, options, and items.

3. Team17 is really bad about insisting on innovation in newer games, which leads to gimmicks. The crafting system in WMD is a perfect example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Crafting ruins Worms gameplay.

4. They are really bad about cash grabs. WWP was basically just a slight improvement over W:A. Clan Wars should have been a patch for Revolution, but instead it ended up being a completely separate game - the game Revolution SHOULD have been from the start.

5. Team17 is really bad about naming conventions. The console version of Reloaded is "Worms 2: Armageddon." WTF? Also, we were promised by Team17 that Clan Wars would be a PC exclusive... then they released it on consoles under the name of "Worms Battlegrounds." Basically, they straight-up lied.

6. There were supposedly beta programs for Reloaded, Revolution, and Clan Wars, but I never got selected to be a part of any of them. WMD didn't even have a beta, and if it had, so many issues would have been pointed out before launch. Newer Worms games launch with so many problems it's unreal.

Long story short, if Team17 would stop dividing the player base and actually listen to and work with old school Worms players, they could easily make a game as good as or better than W:A. WMD has serious potential, but the shame is that it will probably never have the chance to live up to it.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 11:26 AM »
They should just do what every other company is doing and release a new title on steam in alpha and fix and get it right from the start.

Edit:: the 2 games that are doing this would be Rust and Pubg that i know of

Offline Senator

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 08:12 AM »
Now 66% off

24-hour peak is 1296 players 8)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 09:46 PM »
Waiting for godmax's comment: "I should rather castrate myself"

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 05:34 AM »
Man,it is still overprized. I will use repacks instead.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 04:45 PM »
stop lying to yourself and others vince, wmd sucks