Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:13 PM

Author Topic: Worms World Party deathmatch team names?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline BigSheeno

Worms World Party deathmatch team names?
« on: March 19, 2020, 01:47 AM »
More of a curiosity thing here but I'm wondering if there's any way to find out what the full list of the Worms World Party deathmatch team names were? You never see all of them in-game and I've always been a bit curious about it. The full list of WA deathmatch teams is on the Worms 2d page for deathmatch, and it says that those are known only because of the localization files, so does anyone know if there's an equivalent for WWP?

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Worms World Party deathmatch team names?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 10:06 AM »
WWP:R uses the localization system I wrote for W:A, so perhaps you could check its localization files.

Offline BigSheeno

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 05:52 PM »
WWP:R uses the localization system I wrote for W:A, so perhaps you could check its localization files.

Okay so, unfortunately WWP:Remastered doesn't use the WWP names, but rather it uses the WA team names. Now, I just had the idea like right now to use Resource Hacker to view the .exe data from WWP and in there I actually found the names! So, if anyone wants the list, here you go! Similarly to the deathmatch page (https://worms2d.info/Deathmatch), worm names in italics aren't ever used in the game. Also if anyone wants to verify this with Resource Hacker, it was under String Table, from *94:1033 to *97:1033 inclusive, using the original wwp.exe from a disc install, version 1.01.

BREAKFASTS
- Steak n Cheese
- Saus and Mush
- Bacon
- Chips n Gravy
- Toast
- Coffee
- Flakes
- Bix

TEAMSTERS
- Colan
- Chevan
- GT
- Jeggetts
- Lord C
- O Jones
- Noisy Pants
- Randalism (same as the eighth worm in WA TEAM17 oddly)

BLUES N REDS
- FixDeluxe R
- Vamp B
- Lord Death B
- Evil B
- Marky B
- Decal B
- Camouflage R
- Chev R

REFRESHER BARS
- Commercial
- The Brewers
- Red Lion
- The Swan
- The Crown
- Whistler
- The Fox
- Market House

MINISTERS
- Blair
- Major
- Thatcher
- Callaghan
- Wilson
- Heath
- MacMillan
- Churchill

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 06:03 PM »
Thanks! I copied this to the wiki page.
Okay so, unfortunately WWP:Remastered doesn't use the WWP names, but rather it uses the WA team names.
Heh, that is bizarre. They probably copied over those strings together with the localization system.

Offline BigSheeno

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 06:19 PM »
Excellent, thank you very much! Also, random aside but I remembered this when looking through files just now. This guy seemingly made a wormkit module from expanding the music in game when I had asked about one previously. (https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/wormkit-module-for-ingame-music-32542). Don't know if this would be worth adding to the list on the wiki or not but I figured I should mention it anyway?

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 06:37 PM »
That's a nice module, added to https://worms2d.info/WormKit

Offline BigSheeno

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Cool, that's great! I can say from my own use of it that I haven't had any issues with the most recent version of it at all.

Offline BigSheeno

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 09:26 PM »
Okay I noticed a slight error, don't know how i let this slip: O Jones shouldn't have a space, it should be OJones.