Forums
April 20, 2024, 04:32 AM

Author Topic: WWP: A real compatibility fix for Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP  (Read 102594 times)

Offline StepS

Re: [WWP] A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8 and XP
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 02:39 PM »
As a side note, the weird thing about me enabling border before was that it actually helped me see the game. All previous wrapper settings failed, but as soon as I enabled border, I could at least see some of the screen. Weird huh?
  ???
yep that's weird.
glad to hear it's solved! I'll add this to the FAQ.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:46 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline JMK

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 11:24 PM »
First, thank you for this!  I can't believe there are so many people still active in the community.

My problem is minor so if there's no fix, no big deal.  I'm on windows 7 and have the taskbar at the top of the screen.  Both the menu and game screens appear at the very top of the window, under the taskbar.  For the menu, I don't care so much, and from what you mentioned earlier it isn't possible to move anyway.  What about the game window?  Would it be possible for me to move that down about 40 pixels?

I know I could auto hide or move the taskbar somewhere else during play, but I'm hoping there's a permanent fix.

Offline StepS

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 04:39 AM »
My problem is minor so if there's no fix, no big deal.  I'm on windows 7 and have the taskbar at the top of the screen.  Both the menu and game screens appear at the very top of the window, under the taskbar.  For the menu, I don't care so much, and from what you mentioned earlier it isn't possible to move anyway.  What about the game window?  Would it be possible for me to move that down about 40 pixels?
when the match starts, the ingame window is centered automatically. as for the menu, a while ago I found a way to move it although this will require eating the mouse cursor and not letting it out. nevermind, it may not work properly with the latest fixes, anyway it isn't recommended...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:09 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Rogi

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 11:31 AM »
gr8 job :D

does any1 know how is online in wwp now, still 3-5 players ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19 PM »
More like, a very good day.

How is WWP's integration in W:A going?

Offline j0hny

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 09:33 AM »
I install the game to see how it works :)
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline taner

Re: [WWP] A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8.x and XP
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Even better: An update (finally) for Worms Forts: Under Siege.

Offline jemmus

Won't launch - help appreciated
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36 AM »
Hello,
Thanks much for the fix!  I can't get the game to launch at all, though.  Any hints?  Here are the facts:
-Using Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit
-Did a clean install to Program files (not Program files (x86)).  Just experimenting with anything now, because the install in the (x86) wouldn't launch.
-Installed the 1.01 patch.
-Unzipped the fix file into the WWP folder.

Did not change any other settings (Windows compatibility, colors settings).

Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline StepS

Re: Won't launch - help appreciated
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Hello,
Thanks much for the fix!  I can't get the game to launch at all, though.  Any hints?  Here are the facts:
-Did a clean install to Program files (not Program files (x86)).  Just experimenting with anything now, because the install in the (x86) wouldn't launch.

Never install your games into any of the Program Files, except Steam games. This directory and all of its subdirectories are write-protected and cannot write data to their own folders. Therefore the game may fail to create some files it needs, not to mention that your teams and singleplayer progress would always be reset on every start.

Reinstall the game into a good folder, for example My Documents or "Games", that is free.

Then, if the game still doesn't start please tell exactly what happens when you launch it. In particular, a screenshot or possibly a video of the problem would be appreciated.
[...]

Offline jemmus

Re: Won't launch - help appreciated
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 10:04 PM »
Hello,

Never install your games into any of the Program Files, except Steam games. This directory and all of its subdirectories are write-protected and cannot write data to their own folders. Therefore the game may fail to create some files it needs, not to mention that your teams and singleplayer progress would always be reset on every start.

Reinstall the game into a good folder, for example My Documents or "Games", that is free.

Then, if the game still doesn't start please tell exactly what happens when you launch it. In particular, a screenshot or possibly a video of the problem would be appreciated.
Installing in a non-Program Files folder worked.  The game launched, but... "Insert game CD" message appeared.   :-[  I thought the WWP install file I downloaded was no-CD-needed abandonware, but I guess not.  Now I have to find my old WWP CD.

Many thanks StepS!  Salute!

Offline twistah

Re: [WWP] A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8.x and XP
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 05:43 AM »
do a patch so noone can play wwp anymore and changes to w:a. can't believe people still playing wwp, lol

Offline StepS

Re: [WWP] A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8.1 and XP
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 04:29 PM »
A small update (1.3.2.1) released.

This one will be especially useful to Windows 8.1 users who are using a DPI scaling other than 100% or 125% (for previous systems, "Use Windows XP style scaling" setting would help). Due to the new Microsoft policy, non-dpi-aware apps are blurry now if you aren't using 100% or 125%. In case of WWP this disrupted the interface, cutting the bottom right of the screen, and was mentioned by an user here before.

Now the fix will make WWP dpi-aware so you will run the game normally just as if there were no dpi settings at all, without problems, and the FAQ entry about this problem will not be needed anymore.

PS. Note to WA people: the same fix will soon come to wkD3D9Wnd, I just need to finish up some other features yet.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:55 PM by StepS »
[...]

Re: [WWP] A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8.1 and XP
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05 PM »
thank you Steps for good work. Its really cool.

Offline Peqqy

Re: [WWP] A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8.1
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 07:22 AM »
I need help! That fix patch didnt have any effect at all. My game is still very slow and when you try to go play round in any game mode the white screen comes and i cant see anything but i can still "play"! and when i try to use the windowed mode game crashes Im using windows 8.1
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:26 AM by Peqqy »