Forums
April 25, 2024, 08:50 AM

Author Topic: WWP: A real compatibility fix for Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP  (Read 102726 times)

Offline francot514

Re: WWP: A real compatibility fix for Vista, 7, 8.1 and XP
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Where do you get it¿???

Offline barman

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Where do you get it¿???
The first post of this thread.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline francot514

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 08:05 PM »
Then steps, youre the guy that still alive worms world party, good work...

Offline StepS

Re: WWP: A real compatibility fix for Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Vista and XP
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 06:43 PM »
New version posted. It has a number of 1.5.7.0.
  • Now including a variant of the package with the new ReSolution  module. ReSolution allows to set any screen resolution for the gameplay, and also allows to resize and zoom the game while in windowed mode. More details on the module's page.
  • Some improvements: the wkWndMode companion is now the same for WA/W2/WWP, and not separate as before. Also, resolution switches are now handled better.
  • Removed "AlternativeWhiteFieldsFix", it's useless now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:46 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline twinklestarmate

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Hello,

I've found this fix for WWP and I'm glad to say it's a marvelous tool for playing this game on higher resolutions. I truly thank everyone for this.

However I found a bug in the most recent version. Now I can't open custom BMP files in the map generator. Once I click the custom map loader and try to select a BMP file on the available map list, it closes without processing the file. I haven't tested GIF nor JPG yet, so I'll take a look if they do work.

Thank you very much.

Offline StepS

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Hello,

I've found this fix for WWP and I'm glad to say it's a marvelous tool for playing this game on higher resolutions. I truly thank everyone for this.

However I found a bug in the most recent version. Now I can't open custom BMP files in the map generator. Once I click the custom map loader and try to select a BMP file on the available map list, it closes without processing the file. I haven't tested GIF nor JPG yet, so I'll take a look if they do work.

Thank you very much.

Hi. This seems to be unrelated to the fix. I've just tested what you've described and it works fine for me.
Can you make sure that you have the file lfbmp10N.dll in your directory of the game? When I remove that file, I get what you described (import dialog closing immediately), but otherwise it works just fine. That DLL is used for processing bmp images.
Also check lflmb10N.dll, lftga10N.dll and similar, they're used for various other formats too.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline twinklestarmate

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Hello,

Thank you very much.

Hi. This seems to be unrelated to the fix. I've just tested what you've described and it works fine for me.
Can you make sure that you have the file lfbmp10N.dll in your directory of the game? When I remove that file, I get what you described (import dialog closing immediately), but otherwise it works just fine. That DLL is used for processing bmp images.
Also check lflmb10N.dll, lftga10N.dll and similar, they're used for various other formats too.
It is there, along with the other two files and it still happens. Perhaps it is an incompatibility on my side. I use a netbook, an HP Mini 110, and maybe the strange resolution (max. 1024x576 possible) causes the patch to force windowed mode on the front-end side. And if I don't use the patch at all, the BMP loader works fine.

Offline iveg

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Great fix! question, when i run the game it runs it windowed mode, how do i put it to fullscreen?
thanks again

Offline StepS

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2014, 11:57 AM »
It is there, along with the other two files and it still happens. Perhaps it is an incompatibility on my side. I use a netbook, an HP Mini 110, and maybe the strange resolution (max. 1024x576 possible) causes the patch to force windowed mode on the front-end side. And if I don't use the patch at all, the BMP loader works fine.
Maybe the dll fails to load for some reason. I might make a debug module soon for you to see what might be wrong.

Great fix! question, when i run the game it runs it windowed mode, how do i put it to fullscreen?
thanks again
Open wndmode.ini, and in the [WWPSettings] section, set either WindowedFrontend (for the menus) and/or WindowedInGame (for the gameplay) to 0, that will disable windowed mode. However it's already set to 0 by default there... Unless you changed it, or if 640x480 is not supported for the menus on your system (in which case it throws a warning). If you're using the HD patch, and the resolution in-game is the same as desktop, then it'll appear simply as a borderless window filling entire screen. No exclusive mode (because that was the reason of all the crash issues on vista,7,etc.)
[...]

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Where's new version's non-CD patch?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline twinklestarmate

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Hello!

I have another issue to report. Upon Sudden Death by Nuclear Bomb ocurring, the game crashes.

It happens on every ocassion, wether it's mission, normal games or, even, weapon use (indian nuclear test).

Same HP Mini 101 netbook used, European 1.01 Spanish language.

EDIT: All Sudden Death ocurrences trigger the crash, normal and nuclear bomb. Just tried it recently.

EDIT2: It turns out indeed this fix is partially incompatible with my Netbook, since I've tried it with a Toshiba Satellite Notebook and it worked flawlessly. Import dialog loaded map successfully and sudden death modes not crashing the game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:55 PM by twinklestarmate »

Offline twistah

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2014, 08:55 AM »
why do u guys not just play w:a? I don't get it.. someone please enlighten me. wwp is like w:a without updates and 100 times worse, lol. gogo, give me reasons to play wwp instead of w:a

Offline twinklestarmate

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2014, 05:38 PM »
why do u guys not just play w:a? I don't get it.. someone please enlighten me. wwp is like w:a without updates and 100 times worse, lol. gogo, give me reasons to play wwp instead of w:a
Custom missions, WormPot, points for weapons. Any of these reasons is not enough?

If you ask me, until W:A fully supports WWP custom missions (including its new triggers), I will keep playing it.

Offline twistah

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2014, 09:44 PM »
what's WormPot and points for weapons? custom missions wouldn't me STICK to w:wp, but maybe give it a try. but actually not

Offline skunk3

Re: WWP: A real compatibility fix for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 07:15 PM »
I see no reason why anyone would wanna play WWP over W:A. Sure, Wormpot is cool and all but the patches make W:A so much better. Also, I feel that the gravity in WWP is *slightly* heavier than W:A. I definitely had a lot of fun times playing WWP though. When it came out, I immediately switched from W:A. I played WWP exclusively for a while, then played both, then went back to W:A and ditched WWP. For a couple of years though WWP was seriously hot! Some of the best matches I've ever had were actually on WWP rather than W:A...