Forums > Other worms games

WWP: A real compatibility fix for Windows 11 / 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista / XP

(1/14) > >>

StepS:
[ English | Русский ]

News: Team17 have released Worms World Party Remastered on 16 July, 2015.
Tried different fixes, but WWP crashes on start? Or other problems? Your long internet searches are now over, and here's the solution. :)

Download:
[*]Only the fix | Mirror
[*]The fix + HD Resolution support | Mirror
[/list]

How to install: Extract all the files from the archive to your WWP folder and launch WWP.

Last update: 4 October 2014

This will work on any version of WWP, but I personally recommend to patch it to the latest (1.01). The HD patch will only work on European versions of the game!

This will fix the crash problems in WWP for real on all Windows systems, including Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Vista and XP.

Don't forget to remove all the other fixes (such as "color fixes") if you installed them before! They are not needed as the game runs in 32-bit colour depth now, eliminating the color issue.
The same applies to WWP.exe "compatibility" options in the file properties. It's best to disable them all.

The windowed mode feature will also enable a cool windowed mode. :)

Features:
[*]Ability to enable windowed mode both during the match and in frontend menus. Open wndmode.ini and change "WindowedFrontend" and/or "WindowedInGame" from 0 to 1 to enable window. Frontend will be in the top left corner due to technical limitations; the in-game process will be in center of the screen.
[*]When in windowed mode during the match, unpin the cursor from the game window by alt-tabbing or pressing Ctrl+G. You can then move the window border (enabled through the "Border" setting in the ini file). Pin it back by clicking inside the window (or using Ctrl+G again).
[*]Minimize the game using Shift+Esc, Win+D, Win+M, or any other method you like. For fullscreen this only works when playing the match (to prevent crashes in frontend menus), in windowed mode the minimization always works perfectly.
[*]Press Alt+F4 when playing a match and you will immediately return to the frontend menu just like in WA. If you also press Alt+F4 in the frontend menu, WWP will shutdown.[/list]

Still having problems? Troubleshooting FAQ!
Spoiler! ViewQ: When I start WWP, a black window appears, and then the game crashes with "WWP has stopped working" error.
A: Please ensure that:
[*]You have installed the fix correctly.
[*]All of the "Compatibility" options, like "Limited colour mode" are disabled. The game will not start if you force a 8-bit (256 color) or 16-bit color mode through the Compatibility options.
[*]No other fixes are interfering with the module.[/list]

Credits:
[*]menopem for his awesome d3dhook library from D3DWindower, otherwise this all wouldn't be possible!
[*]VEG for adapting d3dhook to make it independent with a settings file (wndmode).
[*]Kawoosh for the original white-fields-fix solution and the WormKitDS loader.
[*]StepS for further working and supporting the fix updates specifically for WWP/W2/WA after Kawoosh's solution, and making ReSolution.
[*]S*natch/des for their original Worms 2 HD patches. Thanks to that I was motivated to create ReSolution for Worms 2 and WWP!
[/list]

avirex:
cool...

but had anyone requested for this? are people going to start paying wwp?

StepS:

--- Quote from: avirex on June 12, 2013, 01:51 AM ---cool...

but had anyone requested for this? are people going to start paying wwp?

--- End quote ---

People commenting
http://puu.sh/3dVPu.png
Almost 700000 visitors in 4 years

And about 600 new different people visiting every day...
WWP definitely still got its reputation...

LeTotalKiller:
Does that also solve the in-game color problem I used to have (and I'd still probably have if I reinstalled WWP on this new HDD)?

StepS:

--- Quote from: StepS on June 12, 2013, 12:20 AM ---Don't forget to remove all the other "color fixes" you installed before! They are not needed as the game is in 32-bit colour depth now.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version