Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:08 PM

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Scheme with an option to fast forward during some turns  (Read 857 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
I would like to talk about something that some intermediate players like me do not like very much.
As some of you may know, sometimes there is no other way to win a game without darkside strategy. However, this often makes the game extremely boring.
Since it is necessary to waste more time until SD, it is common to see the player wait 40 seconds to do something completely predictable (using girder, blowtorch, SG on terrain etc.).

I've seen comments from some other players who also don't like this aspect of the scheme. Recently, I saw in the CWT website chat, someone mentioning a suggestion from a player (I think it was from Kayz), in which would be possible to accelerate the turn time.
The update 3.8 already has the option to accelerate the time inside game, but you need set that before the game. So my suggestion would be that the developers (if they find the idea interesting) implement something to trigger that option to fast forward during some turns.
This could be done in several ways, for example, when the player selected "skip go" (F12) for more than two seconds, this would fast forward the turn. The idea would be some kind of action to trigger this functionality inside the game.
It also could make the game less boring, for example, for those who watch a stream between pro players in this scheme, when this darkside strategy often happens.
Not only for the intermediate scheme, but also other schemes when it is strategically necessary to wait for SD, this possibility (fast forward turn), would make the game less boring.

Share your opinion!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 04:29 PM by Albus »

Offline h3oCharles

Re: [Suggestion] Scheme with an option to accelerate turn time
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 06:13 AM »
game engine speed is a scheme option...? idk what's the problem here

Offline TheKaren

Re: [Suggestion] Scheme with an option to accelerate turn time
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 07:15 AM »
TheMadCharles, it's asking for the ability to fast forward during some turns by player control, within controlled periods of time, not change the speed of the entire game.

Offline h3oCharles

Re: [Suggestion] Scheme with an option to fast forward during some turns
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 03:54 PM »
i see

there's only skip go for now, that's not ever been a thing, even in older versions

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 04:10 PM »
I'm sorry, do you even understand what's going on here Charles? Do you notice the part where it says [Suggestion]?

It's a feature request/discussion.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 07:03 PM »
uuh maybe xd

university is frying my brain

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 08:49 PM »
Would be good to be able to fast-forward bot turns as well. With a third-party speedhack it already works fine in singleplayer.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural