Forums
April 24, 2024, 02:28 AM

Author Topic: Archery Battle  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Sensei

Archery Battle
« on: October 06, 2015, 03:37 PM »
There's many schemes including zooks, grenades, ropes.. Other day I've come to an idea to make one with Longbow.
In this uploaded replay is just test map that my clanmate Marko put together in few minutes (ty vm), but with proper maps and bit of publicity this scheme could potentially be TUS Free material. Well, I hope someone will like it. Hf.

Here's the link for download scheme: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1814/#scheme-editor

Here's the link for download map: http://www.wmdb.org/28845

Rules:

- 1 worm per team

- Tele worm on Start #1 and shoot Target #1.

- Jetpack your way to other Start positions.

- Reaim before throwing second arrow (crosshair must adjust at least 45 degrees from its original position before the next shot can be made)

- Each player is responsible for keeping track of their score. After each successful throw, please use "/me" function in chat.(e.g. /me 10)

- Use /boom command while hosting.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 03:52 PM by Sensei »

Offline Hurz

Re: Archery Battle
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:30 PM »
thats so much a scheme for me, it hurz :D

check out link to map mate of me made for similar purpose, i put it in comments on wmdb.

Offline Snado

• good with Bazooka and Grenade. bad with strategy.

• Indonesia Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Great scheme. a real life sport that is really hard to think about on worms, even the longbow is obvious.

my suggestion is. any new maps should have scores like "1, 2, 4" instead of "10, 20, 40".
this makes it easier to count and keep track of (ex: hey. i got three. "/me 3". ok, three three three three)
and makes it faster to type (ex: "/me 14" instead of "/me 140".)

if you are aware that the arrow can "fall" after some seconds. thus making some great and skillful shooting techinques and some creative maps.
look at the attachment to see what i mean.

i just tested it and it seems the arrow only falls down when the arrow is outside the map boundaries. so never mind the striked text.
the attachment is still there anyway.
i hate forums with bottom signatures. i've seen a website without signatures and it looked better and simpler

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:21 PM »
Great scheme. a real life sport that is really hard to think about on worms, even the longbow is obvious.

my suggestion is. any new maps should have scores like "1, 2, 4" instead of "10, 20, 40".
this makes it easier to count and keep track of (ex: hey. i got three. "/me 3". ok, three three three three)
and makes it faster to type (ex: "/me 14" instead of "/me 140".)

if you are aware that the arrow can "fall" after some seconds. thus making some great and skillful shooting techinques and some creative maps.
look at the attachment to see what i mean.

i just tested it and it seems the arrow only falls down when the arrow is outside the map boundaries. so never mind the striked text.
the attachment is still there anyway.

Hey man, I'm glad that someone showed interest for this scheme.
I said it couple of times already - with proper maps this could be very interesting to play. We just need to get ourselves some good map maker to deal with it!

Yeah, target can be 1,2,3.. To me it doesn't matter. It really isn't that hard to calculate 2 numbers in 20 seconds :D (you calculate it and write it after turn ends, not while playing btw)

About arrow falling, I think it happens after 2000 px. So ye, would have to measure it on a bigger map and see what happens when arrow start to fall down. Would it stick into target on floor or fly over boundaries again like it happened with smaller maps.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:07 PM »
arrows dont fall :)

this map is 24000 pixels wide.

good for aim training btw, made it for water bounce shots tho ;)

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 10:14 PM »
Just here to confirm, just made a test mape 8092 pixels wide, and it doesn't start falling untill it crosses map boundaries. :/

So we're fked from that aspect.

Could it be possible to modify that with rubberworm in any way?
If not, can we ask RW developers to try to add the function?
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:19 PM »
afaik arrow falls down when shot straight up using glitch. but that doesnt help ofc ;)

Offline Snado

• Indonesia Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 09:43 AM »
As i said before, arrows only fall after its crossing the map boundaries. I shot the arrow right next to the boundary, and the arrow falls instantly. This only applies for the "walls". I shot an arrow not-so-perfectly-aimed-straight-up and it took a minute or two to fall down OUTSIDE the wall boundary.

If we can do something. We can make the game thinks that the map resolution is smaller than it originally is (ex: Normal: 1360 x 2311. Modded:1000 x 1000) so the arrows falls down inside the map.

About creating maps. I can do that and release it in bulk. But dont expect it to be shiny, creative and having perfect quality. And it may require teleports
i hate forums with bottom signatures. i've seen a website without signatures and it looked better and simpler

Offline Snado

• Indonesia Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 11:02 AM »
sorry for double-post. but....

can you add a retreat time ?. my map is broken because when one worm ends shooting. other worms are hindered by that last worm. if add retreat time, the shooting worm can go back and let others shoot unhindered.

so in short:
Can you add Retreat time ?. ("boom" doesnt help in my map's stage 1)

EDIT: ok, my map is completed. i add the map and the replay preview in the attachment. i upload the map when you all like it.
as for the replay. i added the retreat time myself. you may want to press "9" until the end of the match, after that press "1". because in the end i show you the "Falling arrow" thing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:36 AM by Snado »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 01:21 PM »
sorry for double-post. but....

can you add a retreat time ?. my map is broken because when one worm ends shooting. other worms are hindered by that last worm. if add retreat time, the shooting worm can go back and let others shoot unhindered.

so in short:
Can you add Retreat time ?. ("boom" doesnt help in my map's stage 1)

EDIT: ok, my map is completed. i add the map and the replay preview in the attachment. i upload the map when you all like it.
as for the replay. i added the retreat time myself. you may want to press "9" until the end of the match, after that press "1". because in the end i show you the "Falling arrow" thing.

Yeah, retreat time is not bad idea.. But when you type "/boom" in lobby, you will solve all your problems. (if you're hosting via hosting buddy must type: "!version boom")

Ty for the map man, looks very good and playable. I really appreciate your effort. Be sure to upload it on WMDB and TUS site.

Would like to know is it possible for arrows to disappear after hitting target? Would be nice cause of that double arrows thing that happens almost every few shots. Sometimes it's hard to tell a score when arrow sticks to another one, instead in target.
I guess it's possible cause there's a few schemes where weapons don't explode, just disappear (grenade in golf, banana in big rope race...)

Probably power of longbow just need to set to 0. I will try it later.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:23 PM by Sensei »

Offline Snado

• Indonesia Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 01:37 PM »
arrows to disappear after hitting target

if you mean for the arrows to immediately instantly dissapear after touching the target and making the "stick" sound,
its a bad idea.

because people who dont pay attention to the arrow will forget what score they got. and thus making unfair scores to the matches. its like "ok, steady steady. TIME'S RUNNING OUT *shoots randomly* wait. what score did i got ?"
---------------------------------

it seems i confuse "RacingStuff"(clipping through worms) and "Boom". what does "Boom" do ?.

EDIT: i've uploaded my map to TUS. im unfamiliar with wmdb. until this scheme getting more popular, i dont upload.
nvm the striked text. wmdb does not require registrations and easy to use, so i uploaded it.
TUS map link: https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-15886/
WMDB map link: http://www.wmdb.org/28880
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:50 PM by Snado »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 02:05 PM »

it seems i confuse "RacingStuff"(clipping through worms) and "Boom". what does "Boom" do ?.

EDIT: i've uploaded my map to TUS. im unfamiliar with wmdb. until this scheme getting more popular, i dont upload.
nvm the striked text. wmdb does not require registrations and easy to use, so i uploaded it.
TUS map link: https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-15886/
WMDB map link: http://www.wmdb.org/28880

Worms also pass through each other. But when you make some damage, you hurt only yourself, not the opponents.
Take a look here: http://worms2d.info/Test_versions

Btw, when you upload maps for Archery Battle do not upload it as BnA, just put it in "others" or "miscellaneous".
BnA is separate scheme and requires much different maps to play on. Please correct that. :)

Offline Snado

• Indonesia Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 03:18 PM »
i played some online archery battle. the game is so wild that we ignores the rules. prodigy is a tarzan.
see attachment for replays

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Haha, funny replays! I know pavlepavle, he's my serbian buddy. Glad you had fun guys!

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Very nice! I'm glad someone picked up the feeling :D
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe