Forums
May 06, 2024, 01:37 AM

Author Topic: Consistency in TTRR  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Consistency in TTRR
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 12:09 PM »
feet on ground, philosophers

you guys are gamers, I assume, since you participate in an online league for a game.

If you gonna game you gotta game. You buy a gaming keyboard. The differences betwen Anubis with a good keyboard and a modded keyboard are minimal, I'll go as far as to say they're irrelevant in league games.

Now, we should not aim to accomodate for people using laptops or other shitty forms of gaming, like shit keyboards or crappy small monitors.

They wanna game they gotta game. And if they want to win the cash prize or become competitive, there are some things you gotta invest in. Either extra money to get a decent keyboard, or extra time to get as good. It's not a big deal.

Komodo's lack of perspective is not new, but it's hitting a new bar in this thread really. Morality? Living in a place better off than many countries in the world? You kids spend, or used to spend 8 hours in front of the computer playing worms. A good roping keyboard costs 20€. Don't give me shit about morality when you can clearly afford an internet connection. It's retarded. As retarded as implying Mablak beats everyone because he puts a piece of paper under his spacebar... There's probably a keyboard out there, in a shop, out of a box, that Mablak would find not comparable, but maybe equally as good or even better than his modded stuff. It's a minimal stupid little thing and everytime I read you talk about it makes me think you genuinely think you believe they're that good because of that...

Ladies and gentlemen, the moral notcher.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:11 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 12:19 PM »
ANO, I became one of the best ropers in warmers of all time, and I never once had to MOD a keyboard.

As far as I am concerned, I was genuine, players like Mablak & Anubis aren't genuine, I will never be able to trust them.

Yes, some kids parents can afford hundreds of dollars, SOME, my parents would never buy me stuff like this and I live in a place much better off than many countries around the world.

The point I was making wasn't just about being able to afford it, it's a moral principle too.

Oh come on Dave, now you don't trust me? I've always been up front about putting paper underneath my spacebar, and encouraging others to do it as well:

It's not rocket science, it's very easy to do, and there have never been any rules about key sensitivity. If we think it's fine for someone to have a perfectly sensitive keyboard, then it makes no sense to say a paper-modded key that achieves the same effect is somehow different or not 'genuine'.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:31 PM by Mablak »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 12:32 PM »
Mab, I trust you as a person lol, I just mean, if he does that, what else is he capable of?? Kai is even worse lol

Offline ANO

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 12:38 PM »
I saw a kid, after having seen this video who killed a friend at school...
Before they were saying that HeavyMetal leads kids to commit murders... now it's modding keyboards...