Which version of roper do you like?

Worms 2 Roper
6 (16.2%)
Normal Roper
25 (67.6%)
ZaR Roper
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite Roper Scheme?  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Favorite Roper Scheme?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51 AM »
It's funny how passionate Mr Avirex is about w2roper these days while ignoring the elephant in the room. 

Despite ZaR being an esoteric topic, it is still superior alternative in terms of strategy and luck.

Btw, there is also a ZaR version where you can choose to get crate or w2w and attack.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 11:24 AM »
the original one by t17 for the ranked channel or maybe rnz by Scribe xD honestly i dont givva fuk, the normal scheme is fine for me

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 11:32 AM »
I think if Komo didnt promote Darts it would easily be a playoff scheme by now
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Lol

Offline Kradie

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 02:08 PM »
I was called a thief today by one of Avirex's followers.

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Kradie, I doubt anyone is "following me" it's the facts man.

I made a scheme, which was really just a blend of two current schemes.

So in reality, I did not invent a scheme either, but the changes were dramatic enough to issue it a new name, I doubt anyone will dispute that.

zaR is nothing more then my "w2roper" scheme(I really wish I named it something else at this time)  with destructible terrain (the most notable w2 feature of them all) thousands of instant mines on map (crazy coincidence my scheme had one?) And then zook only... that variation of roper had been around since y2k my dude... the old "zook only for fun?" Idea.

So WTF was invented?  Who's following me?

Its just facts.

But kradie, I don't care.. if you guys are having fun with zoom only w2 roper, that's all that matters.. if changing the schemes name made it more personal, and enjoyable, that's cool too.. intact I'm glad you changed the name.. I really should never have called it "w2roper"

The only thing that bugs me is any time I make any kind of mention about roping, w2roper, or any other similar hashtag you come here like... "pfff OMG.. he thinks w2roper scheme is good? Plz everyone try zzzzaaaaarrrrrrrrrr"

Offline nino

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 11:46 AM »
"pfff OMG.. he thinks w2roper scheme is good? Plz everyone try zzzzaaaaarrrrrrrrrr"

hehehehehehmonster
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 11:53 AM »
I'm still not sure how the inventors of ZaR stole w2roper from you. The only thing we are guilty of is that we took an existing rope scheme and enhanced it. The concept idea was not only from Worms 2 Roper, but to make ZaR hard and unforgiving, it is designed to be tailored to hardcore ropers not vise versa.

Regarding the mines, all I did know at the time, that there was a version of Worms 2 roper with ONE mine. We simply added FIVE mines for maneuvering skills. One mine seemed a bit easy and silly to us.

There's been many roper adaptation out there, most notable Bazooka only. You could say ZaR got it from there too.

Based on the information you have provided, your variant of Roper is more laid back, and aimed for fun only. While on the other hand ZaR is the opposite.

In the end ZaR didn't steal anything, why? Because ZaR is an adaptation and inspiration of multiple schemes. So you could try to be a little humble about it ;)

So I ask of you Mr Avirex, try to realize that ALL schemes or well anything in life in general is an inspiration! Everything evolves, maybe some people have problem accepting changes, but that's how life is :)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 12:18 PM »
You two are like Marconi and Popov, feuding about radio invention. Ever thought that you could get to your's schemes by same way?

Based on the information you have provided, your variant of Roper is more laid back, and aimed for fun only. While on the other hand ZaR is the opposite.

Damn true.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2017, 04:45 PM »
zar wasnt invented, nor was it a novel idea, avi is right

but jeff still didnt invent w2 roper so i dont understand why this is a thing right now

non-inventor arguing with non-inventor

however i invented zarpumpsketball, i can tell you all about that

Offline Peja

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2017, 04:50 PM »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2017, 09:33 PM »
zar wasnt invented, nor was it a novel idea, avi is right

but jeff still didnt invent w2 roper so i dont understand why this is a thing right now

non-inventor arguing with non-inventor

If you put it like that, then no one really invented anything on Worms or in life in general.

Everything is built up from adaptation, and inspiration.

Offline avirex

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2017, 09:40 PM »
"W2roper only had ONE mine, zar simply has FIVE MINES, much better, more competitive, and unique idea created for hard core ropers"

Walrus, the schemes I "invented" is named "w2roper" that does not mean it is the scheme that came from w2.

I already touched on this in my last post, that I really did not "invent" anything, but I certainly changed enough things to warrant a name change.

Nobody will say... ahhhh that's just classic roper, with ***inserts all changes here***

Where as that could be said about zar.

"Ahh zar is only w2roper with a zook only rule, and a couple more mines."

Walrus, the other thing I touched on in the last post, is that I really don't care... if kradie is enjoying himself with zook only w2roper, I'm Happy for him... but like I said, is getting annoying that he follows me in every single thread just to talk about zar.

Kradie, can I suggest making a paragraph about zar, and all its unique game play features, and just make that your forum signature?

And now importantly let's drop it... of we can't get back on topic. Then walrus tell us more about zarsketball

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2017, 07:53 AM »
Ye I know your scheme avi. You made it closer to the W2 scheme than Tomi and I suggested above. 13 sec turn time, 4 star zooka, 255 initial HP, higher fall damage, 30 min round time, no weapon delays, 1 instant mine (optional). Apart from weapon delays, these changes are unnecessary IMO.

4star zook: because zooks are a higher skilled weapon, with increased risk... it makes no sense to only get 44hp hit (I believe that's the max power hit with normal zook) imo zook should be at least as strong as a mine, and since there was no way to more accurately adjust the zooks damage, I thought 4 start would be just fine.. 51 Max damage, and that's pretty rare.

255 HP: could be less, could be more, I thought 255 was nice though... gives you about a 15min game

Higher FD: we all want to consider our self PRO, I thought an increased FD would be welcome...  but I don't care if it's not TBH.

30min turn time: I have not had a game go to SD yet in w2roper, and that's what the 30min round time was intended for... SD ruins games... who ever thought that was a good idea anyway?

13 sec turn time: it's actually the most important thing about the scheme imo

Think about how often both worms stay in the same hide the entire game in WA rope games... pretty boring right?

Well with 15/5 it's even worse...  you can get yours crates and make it back to the hide with 20 second with absolutely no problems.. also with 15 second turn time about 9 out of 10 crates are reachable with attack... so what's the point? And if you don't get your crate, and attack for 47hp, your opponent just goes to get 50hp and returns to hide.. not sure it would add the skill, and strategy that less turn time adds. And you sure won't use as much of the map like with less turn time.

With 13/5 your literally all over the map, not staying in sane place much.

Anyway, you said the changes I made are unnecessary, I just wanted to point out reasons why they are not... if you don't agree that's fine, I would not care if we did use 15/5 turns TBH... but cba should be removed.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Kradie, can I suggest making a paragraph about zar, and all its unique game play features, and just make that your forum signature?

I don't need to do that, you kind of already did it with your w2roper scheme unknowingly.

All my posts about ZaR are no difference from your posts about w2roper.
ZaR is different enough from your scheme to claim its own name.

That's pretty much it.

This is totally fine to discuss about in this topic, because the discussion is about the difference.