Which version of roper do you like?

Worms 2 Roper
6 (16.2%)
Normal Roper
25 (67.6%)
ZaR Roper
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite Roper Scheme?  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Kradie

Favorite Roper Scheme?
« on: January 30, 2017, 03:11 PM »
Ladies & and unfortunately gentlemen...

Let's talk about the varieties of the schemes roper.

Which version of roper do you like the most and why?

I ask of you to try and explain as to why you think your favorite is better over the others.

Of course if you do not play roper scheme(s) in general but like TTRR better, then this is not the thread for you.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Chelsea

Re: Favorite Roper Scheme?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Team17  8)

Online XanKriegor

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 03:20 PM »
As i said, i hated Roper thinking its hard and boring scheme, until i got used to ZaR. Its fast and tense game, while Roper can offer relaxed roping with a ton of time and Chute)) Never played W2 Roper, but W2 was nice game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Darts > Big RR > WxW > Roper / w2 Roper(avi) / ZaR Roper > TTRR

That's my order of Rope based schemes.

Darts/Big RR/WxW are the most fun/competitive for me.

Darts is amazing for quick luckless competitive fun, it's extremely easy to learn but hard to master each map, the feeling of scoring a perfect game is incredible, not many schemes make me focus as crazy as this and it's a great feeling, it's only drawback is the time it takes to place worms really when we fixed the rules for rebounds and excluded luck maps from TFL.

If I had my way i'd remove Roper and add Darts.

A shame that the elitist players never gave it a chance, I wonder how it would be if it wasn't me promoting it, it springs to mind the fact I was promoting it put some people of it simply cuz they didn't like me lol.

Big RR is the best endurance/speed Rope based scheme for me, it looks the most impressive to me, it's extremely skilled and looks amazing to watch for noobs, which means even when they get beat they still enjoy playing it, which is why so many newer players enjoy it compared to TTRR which is just painful to watch when you are a noob getting owned by a pro.

WxW is my favourite Classic League Rope scheme, in all honesty this should have been a replacement for Roper at the time, not an addition, crates are not an issue like they are in Roper, noobs can play on easier maps and pros can play on pro maps, it's very fair.

Classic/w2/ZaR Roper are pretty equal to me in terms of enjoyment and challenge, and luck, I love Roper cuz the way you have to Rope is smooth, doing the best you can in the time giving, but I get so angry and frustrated when the crate rape is one-sided.

TTRR comes last, purely because it's the slowest and most boring looking to me, I never have and probably never will see the appeal in ridiculously tight maps that just slow everyone down(although I really enjoy the more open ones), it actually hurts my fingers after a period of time having to tap that much, while I understand how difficult it is to learn and appreciate all the great players, it just bores the sh*t out of me.

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Darts is severely underrated. People forgetting TRL Darts was one of the seaaons with most game played compared to other TRL schemes, and it was fantastic.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 06:10 PM »
This thread is about to derail now.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 07:15 PM »
This thread is about to derail now.

It will with an attitude like that.

You asked to explain why, so I did...

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 07:15 PM »
I like potatoes.

It's now officially derailed.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 07:54 PM »
I like potatoes.

It's now officially derailed.

I saw a train crash, NOW it's derailed

Offline Csongi

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 08:59 PM »
If I had my way i'd remove Roper and add Darts.

"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 11:03 PM »
lmao...

"hello, whats your favorite variation of the 3 roper schemes available?"

"well, i love darts...darts is so much fun, more people should play darts"

lol..  komo, TUS seriously would not be the same with out you.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20 PM »
Darts is severely underrated. People forgetting TRL Darts was one of the seaaons with most game played compared to other TRL schemes, and it was fantastic.

This is true, but only because darts has a kind of cult following (that was much bigger at the time). I don't see darts working as a classic league scheme at all, yes it's skill-based but you can still just learn all the maps and have a huge advantage... I wouldn't even call it a rope scheme personally.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 11:24 PM »
Yeah, sorry, I admit I was distracted walking along the street with girlfriend while reading it I thought it was about favourite Roping schemes, sorry.

Offline Peja

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 02:47 AM »
Roper is only real with the neat little instant mine, placed on the edge of the map  :-*

Online XanKriegor

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 04:39 AM »
Yeah, sorry, I admit I was distracted walking along the street with girlfriend while reading it I thought it was about favourite Roping schemes, sorry.

Have you typed all that while walking too? xD