Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:27 PM

Author Topic: Freemediate - An evolution of Intermediate  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Kaleu

Freemediate - An evolution of Intermediate
« on: August 30, 2020, 03:46 AM »
Ladies and Gentleman, I present you the Freemediate!
Freemediate stands for Freedom Intermediate and basically it is the Intermediate that you all already know, but much more dynamic. This mode allows you to have total control of your team of worms within 45 seconds.
Hide only, attack or both? Choose wisely according to your needs.
The real challenge in this scheme is to test who controls their team as a whole in a multitask level.
This scheme was only possible because version 3.8 extended game options.

*This topic contains multiple gifs, you have been warned!*

Main changes:
- Worm Selection available in every turn. (SD will disable this.)

Matches often last long enough to reach Sudden Death, especially cave maps, careful not to be surprised when your Worm Selection is gone!

- Worm Selection is never canceled. (In fact the main feature of this scheme. The Tab key can always be used during a turn to switch to another Worm.)

An example of your own worm being used as a booster:

Run out of utilities and needs to perform an attack? Cheat fall damage!

There are is a world of scenarios where you can cheat fall damage and death, it's up to your creativity!

- Worm Selection doesn't end hot-seat time.
- 1 turn delay for every aggressive weapon/utility but Prod and Suicide Bomber. (This is to prevent 1st turn advantage granting the 2nd player a chance to defend.)

Inventory of available weapons in 1st turn:

Use your first turn to unpile, defend or position your worms for your next master plan, there are multiple possibilites, if you plan good enough you can even perform multiple kills in this peaceful turn. Amazing! Isn't it?!

Done hiding and positioning your worms? Why not risk an attack with the available utilities?  8)

- Jetpack's delay removed.
- Worm Select removed from inventory.

Things you probably know but worth mentioning:
- 8 Worms per player in a 1vs1 scenario and 4 Worms in 2vs2 scenario.
- Maps should be always random generated Island or Cave. NNN's rules suggests to choose cave in case best of 1 game, island-island-cave-cave-(…) in case best of 3 game and cave-cave-island-island-(…) in case best of 5 game.
- Glitches disabled. (Bungee from Jetpack, Bow/bat/rope angle modifications, Roofing, Skip walking, Floating weapon, Glide.)

Known issues:
- Choosing Mole Bomb as Special Weapon allow the players to perform an attack in their 1st turn. Mole is the only Special Weapon with no delay restrictions. (Although I'm not sure why would someone choose this weapon, this is much more of a disadvantage than an advantage. Good luck!)

This scheme may change anytime, feel free to discuss!

Special thanks to FoxHound for in-game testing, nice person and a true scheme passionate.

Scheme link:
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-3399/

Launch date: 28/08/2020.
Last edited: 28/08/2020.

Got a problem with gifs not playing or dead/not working urls? Let me know!

Coming soon...
Spoiler! View
Next scheme is called Selecsteria and it's already uploaded to TUS, so please don't copy based in the following spoilers!
This scheme will be my proposal to replace the current Hysteria league scheme.
The main purpose of this scheme is to eliminate the unfair practice of "Telecow", while maintaining the scheme's characteristics.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Freemediate - An evolution of Intermediate
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 06:36 AM »
The scheme reduces Intermediate's luck especially at the beginning and allows some interesting moves with the feature of pressing tab to change worms. All worms usually are well positioned almost the entire game in Freemediate. You don't control a worm, you control a team. Normal players definitely should try this scheme!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 06:39 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Run

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 09:15 AM »
I like the sound of this one, can't wait to give it a spin

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 09:27 AM »
I really liked this scheme created by Kaleu. This scheme eliminates the randomness factor of the worms' initial positions and allows the player to reposition their worms in a more strategic way. It is important to note that the first round is not just to hide the worms, as you can kill the enemy with the options available (rope, prod etc.) and block enemy worms with girders. The possibility of things to be done in this scheme is so great that you will feel that 45 seconds will often not be enough to execute your plans.

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 02:40 PM »
This scheme eliminates the randomness factor of the worms' initial positions...
...actually, this case was always easily fixable by the manual worm placement at the start of the game, but it's a nice scheme this one :)

...even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible... ...

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 03:35 PM »
...actually, this case was always easily fixable by the manual worm placement at the start of the game, but it's a nice scheme this one :)

Yes. But intermediate would be very boring with that. This scheme (freemediate) brings a better solution for that.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 07:05 AM »
Thank you all for positive feedback!  :-*
A new scheme improvement for TUS classic league (proposal) is coming soon, as mentioned in the spoilers.  :-\

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 02:22 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:45 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 02:39 PM »

Yes. But intermediate would be very boring with that. This scheme (freemediate) brings a better solution for that.
...I don't agree with this statement - the first player in action is still able to fix his positions, then eliminate some bad placed worms, all this at 1st turn (if he's fast enough) - it's still not fair, maybe even more than regular 'Intermediate' mode, and the only way to avoid this is to allow everyone to place his worms manually - that's how I see this :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:15 PM by GrO »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 11:11 PM »
So in this scheme you don't have the luxury of killing 3 worms in one turn just because your opponent got unlucky with the placement. Too bad. I love the idea of having unlimited select worm though.

Thanks  :)

...I don't agree with this statement - the first player in action is still able to fix his positions, then eliminate some bad placed worms, all this at 1st turn (if he's fast enough) - it's still not fair, maybe even more than regular 'Intermedite' mode, and the only way to avoid this is to allow everyone to place his worms manually - that's how I see this :)

But then we would have a "pick your side" Intermediate.. Just like some type of Fort.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 02:59 PM »
So in this scheme you don't have the luxury of killing 3 worms in one turn just because your opponent got unlucky with the placement. Too bad. I love the idea of having unlimited select worm though.

Thanks  :)

...I don't agree with this statement - the first player in action is still able to fix his positions, then eliminate some bad placed worms, all this at 1st turn (if he's fast enough) - it's still not fair, maybe even more than regular 'Intermedite' mode, and the only way to avoid this is to allow everyone to place his worms manually - that's how I see this :)

But then we would have a "pick your side" Intermediate.. Just like some type of Fort.
...I see your point and some 1vs1 games could look like forts, but what's wrong with that? :)

*edit*

...and making players free to pick their placement fits to the scheme titled: 'Freemediate'...  ::)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 03:49 PM by GrO »

Offline readyworm

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 04:33 PM »
I've tried a few games with this scheme and it works really well.  I think manual worm placement would deviate too much from the Intermediate opening style.   It feels more balanced being able to remove initial bad positioning whilst keeping the random placement.  Good stuff!

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 10:02 PM »
I've tried a few games with this scheme and it works really well.  I think manual worm placement would deviate too much from the Intermediate opening style.   It feels more balanced being able to remove initial bad positioning whilst keeping the random placement.  Good stuff!

Thanks!  :)

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Zemke

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 03:33 PM »
That looks very interesting and promising on a competitive level. Good presentation as well.

I could imagine sophisticated pro-ish styles where players just move incredibly fast. This would be great to watch.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 02:48 PM »
That looks very interesting and promising on a competitive level. Good presentation as well.

I could imagine sophisticated pro-ish styles where players just move incredibly fast. This would be great to watch.

Thanks Zemke, I'd love to see how professional Intermediate players could perform here, there's lot of potential for godlike turns.

→ The best of Kaleu ←