Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:31 AM

Author Topic: Double Damage support is added to scheme editor  (Read 538 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Double Damage support is added to scheme editor
« on: July 06, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Double Damage support has been added to TUS scheme editor. Since the game engine treats Double damage as a weapon, you can modify 4 values of Ammo/Power/Crate/Delay for this utility. However only Ammo and Delay values are used in the game and Power/Crate ones are ignored at the moment.

Settings a value for the Delay works like any other weapon. Double Damage will be activated when that specified turn is reached.
Settings a value for the Ammo, makes the game to use all those ammo at once. Enabling "Conserve instant utilities" in the advanced game options, will allow the game to consume Double Damage by one each turn.

Example: If Double Damage Ammo is set to 3 and delay of 4:

All 3 Double Damages will be used in the 5th turn of the player.

If "Conserve instant utilities" is enabled in the advanced menu, one Double Damage will be used for 5th, 6th and 7th turn of the game.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 12:21 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Double Damage support is added to scheme editor
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Good to know, the explanation is very good. I wouldn't know how to explain exactly why it is needed to check "conserve instant utilities", now it is clearer to me.

I wish WMDB had the maintenence TUS have, where things evolve and if someone gives a feedback or a bug report things really change or at least those people are listened and more considered.

I wish WMDB had some new categories, because there are a lot of maps designed for a specific scheme, but they don't receive categories. Maybe TUS maps could receive these new categories since WMDB doesn't seem to update the website so much. The last category added was not long ago, though (Rowy was added, but it has still only 2 maps while there are schemes with more than 20 maps waiting to be added there). I know that TUS doesn't have some maps that WMDB has, but if these categories are implemented we can try to upload these maps to TUS.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 07:27 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 07:16 AM »
Please make a new thread and list the categories you think TUS Map database should have.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 12:49 PM »
ok, now im ready to make the ultimate wormage scheme xd

power 15 all weapons, inf double damage with conserve utils