Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:41 PM

Author Topic: How to save scheme to your account and more!  (Read 7896 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

How to save scheme to your account and more!
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:02 PM »
To make it short,

Everybody on TUS have a "scheme Inbox". He/she can save as many schemes as he wants in this inbox. You can modify your schemes online anytime, and If you want you can make that scheme "go public" so that others can see or download it too, otherwise they are your private schemes.
the TUS scheme editor/Maker will do the changes to your scheme file too. So there's no need to run W:A or any other program. the only thing you have to do is editing it online, TUS will do the rest.

To make it long ^^
I'll do it step by step:

1. Go to TUS scheme editor/Maker. It is a place which you can save your schemes. Its link is on the main navigation menu under schemes. There's also a link in your user panel called "Submit a scheme" :

Enter your scheme name in the first field.
ok, Now you have 3 options.

1. Select a scheme file from your hard drive, after selecting, hit "Load".
2. Enter a scheme ID that is already on TUS, In case you wanna do some changes in it, then hit on "Load".
3. Leave these field alone. System by default will load the game Intermediate scheme.

I want to upload a Bungee Scheme, I select it and I hit "Load" :

System will load your scheme, gameoptions and weapons.
If I want, I can do a little change to it, before saving it to my Inbox. In game options part, The explanation on how to change their value will be written on the information box when you put your mouse on it. In the weapons options, All boxes acts the same.

For example I want to make my Teleport infinite, I click on the weapons options bar, after it got open :

I can click on the weapon image (or the bottom of the ammo image) to increase its value like the game, so after 9, it will give you infinite ammo.
By right clicking on this box, the value decreases. (Sorry opera users, they can't use right click ^^, Opera believes that right click in your browser is so important that no one must mess around with it ;) )

OR you can simply type the amount you'd like on the top of the image. That is an input field there. (not just a text).

Done editing your scheme? You can click on "Save this scheme to my inbox". It will save your scheme file to your inbox, and it will redirect you to your scheme inbox :

This is showing the list of schemes that you have saved to your account. The Book (bible ;D)  image is your file, you can click on it to download.

On the right, You have 2 links : Edit and Delete.
Delete is clear enough.

On the edit page,
You will have your scheme full control in case you wanted to make that scheme public.
You can set :
Scheme name,
Scheme full name,
Scheme type, being Battle, Race or ...
Scheme image, You can set an image for it. As scheme symbol?
Scheme examples : Up to 3 replays on how to play your scheme.
Scheme full explanation.
and editing your scheme file.

and at the end You have this button to make your scheme public :

By clicking it, Your scheme will be viewed in the TUS schemes lists. Note that once it is set to be viewed on public, You can't delete this scheme anymore. But you will have access to all kind of modifing it.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:36 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Re: How to save scheme to your account and more!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Oh yes, Good job Monkey :)

I was just looking at that yesterday and it wasnt working  :(
But now it is  8)

Myabe it was my browser :x

EDIT:Will you create a map creator too? :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:09 AM by Pixy »
Here comes the snow

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:06 PM »
That is absolutely hilarious, extremely awesome job! I cannot find words, I got so astonished, really. God like!
*TUS should have a basic collection of official schemes for the league, cup and tourney games.*

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 04:29 AM »
Oh, as van said, there's a bug  in the scheme creator :|,
It doesnt have any f3 weapon :S
Here comes the snow

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:21 AM »
Glad you like it :)

@pixy, I've already fixed that.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 07:45 AM »
Monkey, it seems u can't edit the explanations of the schemes the are already public. Is there a way to do that without saving it to my inbox and submiting it again?

I'd like to edit the explanation of scheme #12, it's horrible  >:(
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 01:45 PM »
I just edited some public explanation myself. (On my local version of TUS).

Can you please tell me exactly what happens if you wanna edit it?
btw, Scheme #12 is Cherep's scheme, not yours. You meant Scheme #8 ?

Offline Rok

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 08:43 PM »
I meant exactly #12 scheme. What i'm trying to tell u, when u click on "load", u can only edit weapons and game settings, but not the schemes explanation.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:48 PM by Rok »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 04:56 AM »
The Load button in scheme editor helps you load a scheme. That's all. Whether it is on your hard drive or it is on TUS. All of this is in order to help you save your desired scheme to your inbox. Besides why you are in need to edit someone else's scheme?

Offline Rok

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 08:24 AM »
Besides why you are in need to edit someone else's scheme?

Elite2 scheme description:

All rules are from elite exept weapons.

This sheme doesnt have ninja rope,air strike,napalm strike,homing missile.

But there are new weapons - Mad Cow - 3
                                        Holy Hand Granade - 1
                                        Old Woman - 1

Team SpecialWeapons - are off.

Some other changes - cluste r bomb - 5
                               mortar - 5

All other settings and weapons didnt change.

I hope you like this sheme because its beetween bazooka and granades and elite. By the way this sheme doesnt have ninja rope,air strike,napalm strike,homing missile - so its more for pro players.

P.S. This sheme is myne(i play with that settings for 5 years).I like it and i ask other players - they like it too especially because it doesnt have ninja rope!

That's why!

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40 AM »
Rok, you care again, stop it!

Offline chakkman

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 01:28 PM »
No offence but as no1 except cherep himself ever heard of that scheme or ever played it dont you think it shouldnt be in the schemes section?  I d rather go for the more common schemes which are played in this league... Other schemes can be described on Blamethepixel or whereever.

Offline Rok

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Rok, you care again, stop it!
* Rok applauds

You're right, screw it.  :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 08:15 AM »
No offence but as no1 except cherep himself ever heard of that scheme or ever played it dont you think it shouldnt be in the schemes section?  I d rather go for the more common schemes which are played in this league... Other schemes can be described on Blamethepixel or whereever.

TUS schemes is designed to submit schemes, not specificly for leagues or any other parts. PPM submited CTFS for example, which is not for any part of TUS, Yet it has been defined on TUS. Think of it as some place for schemes, not only schemes that must have to do anything with TUS parts.

Offline mad90

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26 PM »
hello!
Why I don't see a new scheme on list in menu of the game when I pasted "Shopper.wsc" to ...:\Worms World Party\User\Schemes"?