Forums
April 25, 2024, 02:07 AM

Author Topic: Ideas for TUS schemes  (Read 1862 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Ideas for TUS schemes
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 03:15 AM »
I was thinking that scheme tags could be an interesting feature to find schemes. Not sure if scheme tags or more scheme categories, but I like the 3 simple existing ones: Race, Battle or Other. Right now to find schemes you usually need to use the search very well with quotes or try finding them among various other schemes without quotes. Tags such as: "artillery", "Weapon-specific", "Conventional gameplay", "Roping", "Pontuation", could be interesting. Or maybe "Dynamic/Physical/Adrenaline", "Tactical/Strategic" and "Artillery/Accuracy" like I think Komito used to say a way he likes to classify schemes. I also suggested similar categories on WKB's Schemes Talk Page.

It would be nice to categorize a scheme that was specially designed only for a specific map, this way those schemes could be hidden when you want to search a specific scheme.

EDIT: also, a category for "joke schemes" could be interesting.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:37 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Ideas for TUS schemes
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Yes FoxHound, for me there are 3 categories:

Artillery - Schemes which accuracy and consistency with using weapons is the main focus. | BnG / Forts / Hysteria / Aerial / Grenade Wars

Strategic - Schemes which strategic thinking to out think your opponent is the main focus. | Elite / Team17 / Intermediate / 80hp

Physical - Schemes which focus on physical prowess including reflexes, timing and hand-eye coordination. | TTRR / Big RR / Jetpack Race / Bungee Race / Battle Race

I've found that every scheme mostly fits into one of these categories. As some schemes share elements 2 or 3 categories on different scales, such as Shopper, Intermediate. Those could be called hybrid schemes.

That's just me though, I don't think anyone else likes this description. :D