Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:11 AM

Poll

What settings would you like to see Implemented in BIG RR?

LDET.
Bounce.
LDET + Bounce.
None, keep it as it is.

Author Topic: Ldet and racing schemes (Leagues)  (Read 1272 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Ldet and racing schemes (Leagues)
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2022, 04:45 PM »
Kradie I watched your replays and I found big rr with bounce to be very little to zero punitive. I don't think we want that?

Kradie isn't a super fast roper though, he's not bad by any means but he plays on the safe side a little which isn't surprising considering he has played so much ZaR without parachute, he still slows down during a lot of moves instead of doing faster more risky moves.

The punitive part isn't noticed as much in falls. It's seen more by the way players will push themselves faster, doing riskier yet faster moves knowing if they fall they won't lose their turn and can keep going. However when you actually push your own limits to the extreme, you will fall more often until you get used to going at those speeds doing the riskier moves.

THAT is where the difference is noticed. That is where players competing at the highest level going as fast as humanly possible will be open to more errors. Every time you hear the "bounce" sound when you were not deliberately bouncing, it's a mistake, and mistakes slow you down.

Play it with me and you'll see a bigger difference. It shows this best when you are going top speed as much as possible, the faster you try to go, the more you will be punished.

If the goal is to limit punishment but still dish it out enough that those who are super fast AND fall less will still win, then rubberworm on with LDET enabled is the best option for specific reasons.

The best part about rubberworm though, something nobody else has even mentioned yet. It actually opens up more move possibilities by deliberately bouncing off walls to do moves that are impossible without rubberworm, you've got to be very skilled to pull some of them off though, it's pretty cool!

So yeah, I've voted for Rubberworm & LDET.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 06:11 PM »
Is your scheme same bounce level as Kradie's?
Maybe play some tus big rr with it to see what players think?

I think there's an extra discussion afterwards just to judge what's considered balanced bouncing % levels.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Kradie

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2022, 06:47 PM »
Is your scheme same bounce level as Kradie's?
Maybe play some tus big rr with it to see what players think?

I think there's an extra discussion afterwards just to judge what's considered balanced bouncing % levels.
Says in my post here
It may as well be true that people enjoy high fidelity gameplay over cautious gameplay. But in both areas there are skills to learn and appreciate, and this too has its audience and players.

I have provided example how bounce in big rr works.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z2pu3ijroqpse6z/2022-11-28_11.01.43_%255BOnline%255D_%2540ob-Kradie%2560zar%252C_bobjo.WAgame/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/erubz97de24cfmw/2022-11-28_11.14.38_%255BOnline%255D_%2540ob-Kradie%2560zar%252C_gooner%252C_bobjo.WAgame/file

Here's the value of the bounciness

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2022, 07:05 PM »
Ah, good point!

I use 0.5.