Forums
April 18, 2024, 12:14 AM

Author Topic: Mole discussion  (Read 3644 times)

Offline HHC

Re: Mole discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 08:14 PM »
My support is all for my moleymates.

I don't get your point of view at all Komo. You're all for innovation and allowing new schemes in. Yet at the same time you want to strip these schemes to make them..... like Anchored BnG lol

I've had this in my profile for ages:

HHC's wormy gospel:
Schemes oughta be:
1) complete - no 2-weapon games, but schemes that make use of as many weapons as possibly can without f*ckin up the game balance.
2) competitive - noob can stand somewhat of a chance vs the pro's.
3) easy to understand - no long lists of houserules and unwritten cheapness laws.
4) challenging and unpredictable (!).
5) FUN

The current scheme-issues are the fault of the players who keep on urging for more 'skill-based' play.
They have stripped every scheme to its very core and removed all things that could make it 'unpredictable'.
The logical result: 1) 2-weapon games; 2) not competitive; 3) hard to understand; 4) no-fun; 5) predictable > the ultimate boredom.

I have spoken, let it be heard!

I'm gonna be bold and say that it's people like you who are partly, if not mostly, to blame for the league's current sad state.
Had the veterans be more open to new wormers and their schemes and implement the much needed reforms, maybe, maybe we would have a thriving league now.

But nop, it's still 3 players doing the same ol' boring classic schemes that nobody on wormnet plays.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 08:43 PM »
Well yes HHC, I am partly to blame, as are you, and everybody else who is inactive and doesn't actually play Leagues anymore.

It's ok if you don't get my point of view btw, you prefer games with luck, I don't, so of course our views will be different.

Also your quote isn't exactly accurate is it?

We haven't stripped every scheme to it's core, most schemes that exist haven't changed since they were created, maybe the odd change here and there but nothing that dramatically changes the scheme or makes it feel any different from it's original form.

The only 2 weapon game I know of, is rope race schemes with parachute and ninja rope, even bungee has a fake weapon.

Every scheme that exists is competitive, maybe except Comet Dodgin lol, unless you like gambling on luck?

I don't find any scheme hard to understand, anything anybody thinks is too hard to understand, i'd say the presentation is boring, or the scheme is boring and it's not worth their time, there is definitely no scheme that's too hard to understand, especially when translated into other languages flawlessly.

I don't know any scheme where absolutely nobody finds fun, so that's bullsh*t.

Well, yeah there are schemes that are predictable, I guess that's right, but well a lot of schemes are, some people like that, some people don't.

I am open to new schemes, I just don't like Mole Shopper, if people vote for that, and it becomes a thing, fine, I just won't play lol, I can accept that :)

Edit - Actually I have an idea... Instead of us claiming to know what people want, why don't we come together as a collective, and go out recording interviews and question the public community, ask them what they would like to see in a League? We could ask Deadcode/Cybershadow to code something into Wnet with a link to fill out a questionaire asking them a quick few questions why they play WA and if they would like to take part in competitive ranked games, and if so, which schemes would they like to see, which kind of league system would they enjoy?

Then we could actually have some f**king results to work on?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02 PM »
*grabs popcorn*

Offline Godmax

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 10:12 PM »
At least Zalo "created" sth.! A movement of sorts a huge discussion a thought process a flame war. Zalo did it. Zalo created the modern Komodo if you'd like.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 06:51 AM »
I don't think Mole is a lucky scheme.

Between Zalo and daiNa, I was rooting for Zalo.

daiNa has proven herself a lot in the past. Even if she would lose 5-0 to Zalo, nothing would change about her "image". But on the other hand, Zalo had a great opportunity to prove himself (and moleshopper scheme). Zalo wasn't offended by Komo's gif. He has had worse fights in these forums. Komo's gif was clearly an excuse for him to bail because it was the only available excuse he could grab. Whatever the reason was, he chose the worst moment to quit his own challenge. The whole challenge idea was boosting the mole scheme but it backfired. Shame.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline sock

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 06:55 AM »
I don't think Mole is a lucky scheme.

Between Zalo and daiNa, I was rooting for Zalo.

daiNa has proven herself a lot in the past. Even if she would lose 5-0 to Zalo, nothing would change about her "image". But on the other hand, Zalo had a great opportunity to prove himself (and moleshopper scheme). Zalo wasn't offended by Komo's gif. He has had worse fights in these forums. Komo's gif was clearly an excuse for him to bail because it was the only available excuse he could grab. Whatever the reason was, he chose the worst moment to quit his own challenge. The whole challenge idea was boosting the mole scheme but it backfired. Shame.
Yeah, but isn't he young? He can bounce back from this.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 09:37 AM »
I don't think he's that young. But, whatever the age.. You don't back off from your word.
It's a bad taste.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 03:52 PM »
I was actually rooting for Zalo as well.

Up until he said he wants nothing to do with me, and then refused to play daina, I was showing both Zalo & Mole Shopper scheme a lot of support...

People think i'm just mocking Zalo etc, but a part of me actually hurts that something this lame happened within this community, yeah a lot of us got a laugh out of it, but man... This is sad something like this happens to us, we all got f**ked over and fell for his bullsh*t.

Offline sock

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 03:54 PM »
I was actually rooting for Zalo as well.

Up until he said he wants nothing to do with me, and then refused to play daina, I was showing both Zalo & Mole Shopper scheme a lot of support...

People think i'm just mocking Zalo etc, but a part of me actually hurts that something this lame happened within this community, yeah a lot of us got a laugh out of it, but man... This is sad something like this happens to us, we all got f**ked over.
"This is sad something like this happens to us" but you made a entire map mocking the whole situation, way to go.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Laughter is a way to deal with things that otherwise could make you feel negative, some of us enjoyed it.

Cmon sock I thought you were smarter than this, we get the point you don't like it ok, but guess what, I don't care if you don't like it lol, feel free to ignore me on these forums with the option in your profile, let's leave it at that.

Offline sock

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Laughter is a way to deal with things that otherwise could make you feel negative, some of us enjoyed it.

Cmon sock I thought you were smarter than this, we get the point you don't like it ok, but guess what, I don't care if you don't like it lol, feel free to ignore me on these forums with the option in your profile, let's leave it at that.
I think laughter is the best medicine. But laughing at someone who is really good at a scheme that is kind of unknown to older players that has a really lot of pressure on him to perform is just not funny to me. People make mistakes, people don't show up to work on time. I never cared if you don't care if i don't like it. LOL. I will feel free to ignore you on these forums if i wanted to.  :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 04:11 PM »
We never put the pressure on him, he put the pressure on himself, HE created the challenge, HE made the claims of being the best, HE openly said Random00 and Mablak aren't even that good!

Do you even know wtf happened here sock? Or as usual focus on ME instead of the actual f**king subject?

Offline sock

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 04:15 PM »
We never put the pressure on him, he put the pressure on himself, HE created the challenge, HE made the claims of being the best, HE openly said Random00 and Mablak aren't even that good!

Do you even know wtf happened here sock? Or as usual focus on ME instead of the actual f**king subject?

You never made a mistake when you were his age? I focus on you because you should know better by now.

Offline sock

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 04:16 PM »
I don't think he's that young. But, whatever the age.. You don't back off from your word.
It's a bad taste.
It might of been in bad taste, but cut him some slack. "But, whatever the age... You don't back off from your word." That is pretty harsh man, don't you think?

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 04:37 PM »
He went full arrogant by saying all that crap and putting his own money as challenge, at the end he ran away and hasn't showed up since then. His own words backlashed him, this was all deserved, and i feel perfectly Komo, being the only one actually supporting him and giving him a chance before being used as a "scapegoat" lol.