Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:31 PM

Poll

Are you ok with  having no parachute in rope based schemes like shopper, wxw, big rr, and roper?

Yes
7 (26.9%)
No
19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Parachute in Rope Based Schemes  (Read 7102 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: Parachute in Rope Based Schemes
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2019, 12:22 AM »
There they go.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 06:51 AM »
You are clearly not fit to discuss this particular matter. You keep twisting my words so it can fit your own understanding. I have said my piece, you keep misinterpreting it, and I can't help you with that.

I advice you to lean back and reflect. That's it for now.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Twisting your words? I quoted exactly what you said.

So now we've reached the point where i've used your own words against you, and you can't handle that.

If you want to make ridiculous assumptions, give up, and then in a more polite fashion, say the equivalent of "screw you guys, i'm going home"(that's a South Park reference in case you don't understand), that's fine by me.

If your purpose was truly just to find out what people prefer, chute or no chute, you would have simply asked that and said no more, and so here we are.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Twisting your words? I quoted exactly what you said.

So now we've reached the point where i've used your own words against you, and you can't handle that.

If you want to make ridiculous assumptions, give up, and then in a more polite fashion, say the equivalent of "screw you guys, i'm going home"(that's a South Park reference in case you don't understand), that's fine by me.

If your purpose was truly just to find out what people prefer, chute or no chute, you would have simply asked that and said no more, and so here we are.

This topic was to find out whether people prefer parachute in rope based schemes or not. It is also about why, and  to have a discussion based on that. Then someone said ''Parachute in rope schemes is like helmet when on motorcycle.''- A real life comparison. So when I started to implement my own comparison, it is not ok? Roping with parachute, is like fences when playing bowling.

So yes, here we are, because you are building a narrative of your own design. Yet, you aren't willing to listen so I will try again to explain. I think having NO parachute teaches discipline. Your focus level increases with NO parachute. You will be more aware with NO parachute. You can be super fast and do freestyle with NO parachute. You can still have the same amount of fun with NO parachute.
But with parachute, you plant a seed in your brain, and you will remember that you are SAFE with parachute. While you are FEARLESS without parachute.

I am not biased. I have roped with parachute more than most people here, and still there are rare instances where I do have parachute in roping schemes like Warmer. People who have NOT fought hard will NEVER know discipline, and I have overcome roping without parachute. It sounds like I am contradicting myself, doesn't it? I like Coca Cola Zero more than regular Coke, but that doesn't mean I avoid it all together. It is rare instances where consume it.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 06:11 PM »
So when I started to implement my own comparison, it is not ok?

It would be ok, if you hadn't said it wasn't ok, then proceeded to do it yourself anyway. This is the reason we're stuck in this loop, and i'll keep going until you admit it, or shut-up.

I think having NO parachute teaches discipline.

That's fine, because you said you think 1st, you didn't present it as a fact, that's ok.

Your focus level increases with NO parachute.

Bullsh*t, your focus level will increase, by simply focusing more, with or without parachute, stop talking sh*t Kradie.

You will be more aware with NO parachute.

More aware of what? The Bolivian Navy on manoeuvres in the South Pacific? You can't even 100% complete a sentence...

You can be super fast and do freestyle with NO parachute.

Yep, you are right there, but the same applies if you said "You can be super fast and do freestyle with parachute".

You can still have the same amount of fun with NO parachute.

You can, but also, you may not.

But with parachute, you plant a seed in your brain, and you will remember that you are SAFE with parachute. While you are FEARLESS without parachute.

Bullsh*t, you are not safe with parachute, you are safer with parachute, but you are not safe, you can still fall, you can still end turn, you can still fail.

You're talking sh*t again Kradie.

I am not biased.

Yes you are.

I have roped with parachute more than most people here

No you haven't.

People who have NOT fought hard will NEVER know discipline

Playing Worms Armageddon is not fighting hard.

You're talking sh*t again. Stop talking sh*t Kradie.

Since you obviously struggle to understand what discipline means:

Therefor, you can be extremely disciplined with or without parachute in Worms Armageddon.

I have overcome roping without parachute.

Well done, you learned something anyone else can do but most choose not to because nobody gives a f**k, bravo!

It sounds like I am contradicting myself, doesn't it?

No, it makes you sound like you are talking sh*t again Kradie.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2019, 07:56 PM »
So when I started to implement my own comparison, it is not ok?

It would be ok, if you hadn't said it wasn't ok, then proceeded to do it yourself anyway. This is the reason we're stuck in this loop, and i'll keep going until you admit it, or shut-up.

I think having NO parachute teaches discipline.

That's fine, because you said you think 1st, you didn't present it as a fact, that's ok.

Your focus level increases with NO parachute.

Bullsh*t, your focus level will increase, by simply focusing more, with or without parachute, stop talking sh*t Kradie.

You will be more aware with NO parachute.

More aware of what? The Bolivian Navy on manoeuvres in the South Pacific? You can't even 100% complete a sentence...

You can be super fast and do freestyle with NO parachute.

Yep, you are right there, but the same applies if you said "You can be super fast and do freestyle with parachute".

You can still have the same amount of fun with NO parachute.

You can, but also, you may not.

Bullsh*t, you are not safe with parachute, you are safer with parachute, but you are not safe, you can still fall, you can still end turn, you can still fail.

You're talking sh*t again Kradie.

I am not biased.

Yes you are.

I have roped with parachute more than most people here

No you haven't.

People who have NOT fought hard will NEVER know discipline

Playing Worms Armageddon is not fighting hard.

You're talking sh*t again. Stop talking sh*t Kradie.

Since you obviously struggle to understand what discipline means:

Therefor, you can be extremely disciplined with or without parachute in Worms Armageddon.

I have overcome roping without parachute.

Well done, you learned something anyone else can do but most choose not to because nobody gives a f**k, bravo!

It sounds like I am contradicting myself, doesn't it?

No, it makes you sound like you are talking sh*t again Kradie.

1. Then it wouldn't be ok of you to start addressing it. I figured why the hell not since everyone else did.

2. I still believe it is best method of discipline and for hardcore gameplay.

3. There is no shit here Komodo. You want to focus more to avoid navigational error.

4. More aware of your maneuvering skills Komodo.

5. It is more noteworthy without parachute and freestyle.

6. Yep.

7. Still without parachute, you will be more careful by default, yet have super agility. But with parachute, you are automatically accustomed with the thought parachute will be there to save you. This is where many skilled players falls victim with their petty lines ''I miss chute''. How about master without it?

8. Nope. We can say yes and no all day long.

9. 7 years of roping.

10. If you wish not to improve, go easy and have fun without taking responsibility. Otherwise, man up and take ownership of yourself.

11. Majority don't, because they aren't capable of sustaining the required mastering of no parachute. IT is embarrassing, less experienced players play just fine without parachute.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2019, 08:51 PM »
#1 - Kradie, are you even aware, that before you even complained about someone else using a real life comparison, that you used one in your very 1st post?

"It totally feels like trainer mode is enabled holding your hand''

This is why i'm arguing with you so strongly because you either don't realize how much you are f**king up your posts, or you are deliberately trolling, either way i'm here to help you realize your mistakes, or go back and fourth until you get bored.

#2 - That's ok, you can believe whatever you want, because that isn't a fact it's an opinion.

#3 - Perhaps the conditions you need to be under in order to focus properly are different from the average person, have you considered that?

#4 - That's an outrageous claim, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

#5 - Again, you are trying to state things as facts when they are merely opinions, most people pay attention to what happens while they are roping, not what happens when they make mistakes, either way when you make a mistake it doesn't look good with or without parachute so your point here doesn't really apply to most people, and that's what is bothering me, you are trying to push your personal beliefs and opinions on other people.

#7 - You ask "How about master without it?" and the simple answer is because it saves time and you can learn how to rope quicker without having to worry about wasting time waiting on your next turn.

#9 - Yeah I don't think you have roped with parachute more than most people here, but this one is hard to prove so we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

#10 -  If you wish not to improve? I don't mean to sound rude, but you are not even considered a great roper anyway, maybe roping without parachute has even held you back and you don't even realize it ;D

#11 - Again, you are trying to pass off an opinion as a fact, you are accusing the majority of people who have learned roping in this game of not having the capability of mastering rope without parachute. Not only is this f**king insane, because you have no evidence whatsoever to back this up, nobody has even bothered to try because it's f**king pointless and almost no one cares.

Edit - I should number these actually or it will get confusing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:12 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2019, 09:15 PM »
#4 - That's an outrageous claim, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

Think about it, while you navigate on rope, chances are (No idea of %, depend on skills, scenario etc) you can accidentally hit/slide on whatever terrain and objects that you try to maneuver through & around. This can result a turn to be saved with parachute, while with no parachute, it will not be there. But there are no study on this to support this claim, it will likely never be documented.

You ask "How about master without it?" and the simple answer is because it saves time and you can learn how to rope quicker without having to worry about wasting time waiting on your next turn.

Yeah I don't think you have roped with parachute more than most people here, but this one is hard to prove so we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

I mastered it pretty quickly, and so have many others. Why should it be difficult for a veteran? Oh you probably meant beginners.

All opinions are subjective, but if it sounds like I pass my own opinion as facts, that's because I believe it. Just as you believe in your own opinion.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:17 PM by Kradie »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2019, 09:52 PM »
I did think about it, that's why I said it's an outrageous claim...

You are claiming, that without parachute, you will be more aware of your maneuvering skills, which is bollux, because the rope physics stay the same with or without parachute, and you can still see everything that you will be using to connect rope to to maneuver with.

Where do you even get these ideas???

So, wait, are you suggesting people learn how to rope without parachute? Or people who already know how to rope should just do it without parachute?

Because either way I don't see the point in arguing this topic, if they want to play ZaR for example, a scheme without parachute, they will just do it, and get better naturally with practise.

And when they play Roper/WxW/Shopper which is good to have parachute for more reasons than just a safety net, it's good to have parachute to be able to knock worms around at the right time.

Also in Big RR, which I guess could be done without parachute, but still you can generally get better faster because you aren't losing time when you fall, so you get to keep going, and when the mistake is made with or without parachute, it's still obvious where the mistake was made, and you will learn from your mistakes.

Edit - I just saw your edit.

I don't have a problem with opinions, just make sure to word it so if it's a personal belief, it's obvious, and not presented as a fact.

Then it's like, yeah, that guy likes that, cool, instead of, woah, that guys telling me what to think...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:56 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline lalo

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2019, 10:52 PM »
Kradie has never been a revelant roper or player, why would anyone waste time discussing what is the better way to improve roping with a nobody lol.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2019, 03:19 AM »
Well, I don't mean any offense to Kradie, but I agree that he isn't exactly regarded as a famous roper or anything, I can't say he's bad, but I can't say he's great either, i'd say he's about average in skill from what i've seen.

However, I believe in education, and logically speaking I don't agree with a lot of the things he has said, so I feel like it's our duty in a way to protect something we are passionate about.

I don't want anyone else being mislead about the practical uses and advantages of parachute, I don't want people to think they have a better chance of becoming a good roper by avoiding the use of parachute. I don't want anybody to feel weak, or pathetic for doing something that has been globally accepted as normal for the past 20 years.

So while I realize there are some people around here who don't like the way I talk about things, I find that anyone who is really interested in learning, will pay attention to both sides of a debate and be able to decide for themselves, because let's be honest, where else are they going to find this information but dedicated websites?

I try my best to think about different ways to talk about things and explain them, which is why I might go on and on and on about certain subjects, but with different approaches using different examples, information, facts, opinions and statistics etc.

But hey, at least i'm not asking people to like follow and subscribe at the beginning of every post like you would see on Youtube :D  ;D

Also, I hope you are doing well lalo  :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2019, 08:22 AM »
You are claiming, that without parachute, you will be more aware of your maneuvering skills, which is bollux, because the rope physics stay the same with or without parachute, and you can still see everything that you will be using to connect rope to to maneuver with.

Where do you even get these ideas???

So, wait, are you suggesting people learn how to rope without parachute? Or people who already know how to rope should just do it without parachute?

Because either way I don't see the point in arguing this topic, if they want to play ZaR for example, a scheme without parachute, they will just do it, and get better naturally with practise.

As far as I know, when I maneuver through various paths and obstacles of all forms and sizes, I am constantly aware of the fact that there is no parachute to bail me out due to a slip-up. But same can be said about having parachute too, but with no parachute, it adds extra layer.

People can learn to rope with or without parachute. Without parachute is more hardcore.

Also in Big RR, which I guess could be done without parachute, but still you can generally get better faster because you aren't losing time when you fall, so you get to keep going, and when the mistake is made with or without parachute, it's still obvious where the mistake was made, and you will learn from your mistakes.

Yes I can get by that too. But, when you fail from a climb, and your turn ends, it can add as an extra punch to the face, telling you to do it better. But with parachute, it deploys all the time, and it can give a false sense of accomplishment. Sure you could get better, but if you switch to no parachute, the painstakingly mistake will be more obvious to consider and analyze.

Kradie has never been a revelant roper or player, why would anyone waste time discussing what is the better way to improve roping with a nobody lol.

That's funny, because I think majority of veterans and experienced players here are nobodies. Here is why. People like Lalo sees themselves as aristocrats on high horses that walks above and on people without knowing them. How? Well think about it, do we see any of legacy & skilled players mingle with the commoners on Wormnet? Do we see them just play funners with new people that they never met?  No. Because they're more busy counting their league points, and judging everyone else. If someone were to take the time to appreciate the current state of WA, then WA could thrive more. But no one here seem to care so much, instead they bath in their own egotistical filth and self-righteousness.

So seeing Komodo even bothering discussing here with me is commendable and he have earned some of my respect because of this. Just because we don't agree on everything, doesn't mean we have to be enemies. That's just how it is.

You might say that I am not relevant, and experienced, but that's something I would expect from coming from majority of you that have had couple of games with me. Some of you I have never had a decent conversation with.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:23 AM by Kradie »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2019, 09:02 AM »
As far as I know, when I maneuver through various paths and obstacles of all forms and sizes, I am constantly aware of the fact that there is no parachute to bail me out due to a slip-up. But same can be said about having parachute too, but with no parachute, it adds extra layer.

Let's talk about Big RR and TTRR which are the main roping schemes where you don't take advantage of knocking with parachute(even though the following applies to all rope schemes).

With or without parachute, you are constantly aware, especially when competing against the best players in the world where every second counts, that if you make 1 mistake you can lose the game.

With or without parachute, people are always trying their hardest not to fail.

People can learn to rope with or without parachute. Without parachute is more hardcore.

I'd prefer to say learning to rope without parachute is more needlessly punishing, less efficient and generally takes longer to master rope.

History is proof of that in itself, it's 20 years Kradie, if roping without parachute was so groundbreaking, so awesome, so incredibly impressive then everyone would be doing it, think about that.

when you fail from a climb, and your turn ends, it can add as an extra punch to the face, telling you to do it better. But with parachute, it deploys all the time, and it can give a false sense of accomplishment.

As i've already said, the biggest difference between learning to rope with and without parachute, is time.

You are not using your time wisely if you aren't using parachute to learn how to rope, you are wasting your time.

Once you are good enough to rope around confidently, then, if you fancy showing a display of confidence, you can remove the parachute, but I still think it's wise to keep parachute just in the event of a lag spike or screen tear etc.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:04 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Triad

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2019, 01:00 PM »

Ah, the good old you have to be a cook to judge food. I can boil eggs!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2019, 02:52 PM »

Let's talk about Big RR and TTRR which are the main roping schemes where you don't take advantage of knocking with parachute(even though the following applies to all rope schemes).

With or without parachute, you are constantly aware, especially when competing against the best players in the world where every second counts, that if you make 1 mistake you can lose the game.

With or without parachute, people are always trying their hardest not to fail.

True, but again, without parachute it can add an extra layer of discipline not to fail.

I'd prefer to say learning to rope without parachute is more needlessly punishing, less efficient and generally takes longer to master rope.

History is proof of that in itself, it's 20 years Kradie, if roping without parachute was so groundbreaking, so awesome, so incredibly impressive then everyone would be doing it, think about that.

20 years with parachute, gives it a tremendous advantage against no parachute. Parachute is simply embedded into the brain of players, that it makes it extremely difficult for them to consider no parachute option. Sure you could say ''Well Kradie, if people LOVE NO parachute, just disable it in hostingbuddy''. It ain't that easy as I explained it. Plus parachute has a monopoly.
Groundbreaking? When I made Zar it was looked at groundbreaking. Even people enjoy big rr without parachute. They have told me that they found it more interesting.

As i've already said, the biggest difference between learning to rope with and without parachute, is time.

You are not using your time wisely if you aren't using parachute to learn how to rope, you are wasting your time.

Once you are good enough to rope around confidently, then, if you fancy showing a display of confidence, you can remove the parachute, but I still think it's wise to keep parachute just in the event of a lag spike or screen tear etc.

I think that's a bit subjective viewpoint actually.  It haven't been documented and proven. Your only source of statistics would be the 20 year with parachute, which itself is biased & one sided as f@#!.