Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:14 AM

Poll

Are you ok with  having no parachute in rope based schemes like shopper, wxw, big rr, and roper?

Yes
7 (26.9%)
No
19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Parachute in Rope Based Schemes  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Parachute in Rope Based Schemes
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I am not blind. It's the truth.

Of course, I have a firm foothold in the online community of WA.

I never said I was insulted. But the way you presented your narrowed view seemed rather degrading and condescending.

Nothing to lose? Sure there is. It all depends on the mood of the game and the people that are there. E.g, at times I try to provoke serious play and people get serious, and at the end of the way win or lose, we all laugh about it. Also, every game, competitive or not, every move is a risk. It isn't without risk, otherwise it wouldn't be a risk to play the game.

Komodo, I am not in this thread to strive and get your blessings of being a capable roper. I am here to discuss our disagreements and your disjointed view on things. It is good for the reader to see both sides of the coin.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sensei

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Ah, well done, you stalked this thread until you found an opportunity by taking an unfinished part of a sentence and made it look like something else.

Well done you!  Your nursery teacher would be proud :D

Thx man.. Actually wanted to get involved when you said "sorry for late reply, i had date".
You killed me there already, but somehow managed to control it..
Although, the last one was too much.  :D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2019, 04:40 PM »
@Kradie

Correction, you THINK it's the truth, it doesn't make it so.

A firm foothold in the community lol, this isn't command & conquer Kradie :D

If you want to provoke serious play and get people serious, then make a League, make something to actually play for,

I love how easily you contradict yourself also, saying it's no risk to use parachute, then turning round and saying every game, every move is a risk, I don't even need to debate with you anymore because you just destroyed your own arguements yourself :D

@Sensei - I'm glad you are finally being open about reading threads even though in the past you've claimed "nobody reads those big long posts", confirming what I always suspected lol.

It's pretty funny you find manners amusing lol.

If you find fun and happiness in taking things out of context I won't complain lol, as long as you're having fun dude :)

It's nice to see you laughing and joking instead of being negative.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:42 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2019, 05:01 PM »
If you want to provoke serious play and get people serious, then make a League, make something to actually play for,

You don't realize how clueless you are.  You can play serious among friends, I have done it before. There is no need to play a league to show who is the best.

Sensei is only reading these posts because he's not a fan of me. No secret there. So he thrives heavily on your futile effort in proving that you are right, because Komodo, it doesn't make it true ;) But I am glad your blind sense of truth brings you two closer.

So to sum up the pros and cons with and without parachute

With parachute
Safety net, like diapers, you fall safe on your ass.
Allows for quick recovery and ignore fails (Komodo thinks the latter is wrong, not according to Kradie).
Allows for freestyle combined with rope and parachute maneuvering.

Without parachute
Increased focus and awareness of ones roping and maneuvering across various paths and obstacles.
Allows for extreme punishment if one is not paying enough attention.
Allows for risky high speed roping combined with freestyle.

That should be the end of it. I have tried my best to explain. If I were to explain any further, I would need to make a picture book for dummies.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Sensei is only reading these posts because he's not a fan of me. No secret there.

I happen to have free time during afternoons and not knowing what to do with it so decided to check if you guys wrote anything smart last few pages. Don't really have anything against anyone around here. So don't know where you're going with that.

All in all, as Kory said, this thread needed lock while ago.

Offline Aladdin

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2019, 05:24 PM »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2019, 01:21 AM »
All in all, as Kory said, this thread needed lock while ago.

This thread does not need locked at all, nobody is threatening or harming anyone else, Kradie and I are having a civilized debate, if you don't like this thread, then stop watching it.

As much we disagree with each other, at least neither of us are losing our temper and throwing insults and personal attacks at each other, I honestly can't say that for many people around here.

You can play serious among friends

You can, and I play lots of funners with people, but there is still no pressure if you lose a funner because nothing is on the line, nobody is keeping record, there are no statistics to show who is performing better.

With parachute
Safety net, like diapers, you fall safe on your ass.
Allows for quick recovery and ignore fails (Komodo thinks the latter is wrong, not according to Kradie).
Allows for freestyle combined with rope and parachute maneuvering.

Having a parachute is a safety net, but it's not as much of a safety net as playing funners as opposed to competitive recorded matches with many players involved.

Most situations where parachute is actually deployed because of a failure, you need your opponent to make a mistake as well or chances are you won't catch up, you seem to think parachute makes you invincible, it does not.

Without parachute
Increased focus and awareness of ones roping and maneuvering across various paths and obstacles.
Allows for extreme punishment if one is not paying enough attention.
Allows for risky high speed roping combined with freestyle.

There is no increased focus and awareness of ones roping and maneuvering across various paths and obstacles, it can however make you choose to rope safer, those are 2 completely different things you fail to comprehend.

If one is not paying attention, no parachute is going to save you, however falling without parachute does indeed punish you harsher, nobody has ever argued that.

Not having parachute isn't what allows high speed roping combined with freestyle, having the game installed on a working computer with a good enough keyboard, playing any scheme with ninja rope, is what allows risky high speed roping combined with freestyle.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:23 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2019, 05:07 AM »
no

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

Offline Kradie

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2019, 04:07 PM »
IF you remove an element that is supposed to save you, it becomes a risky endeavour that can promote confidence. If one cannot trust their own ability without the risk factor, then there is no valor and confidence in their roping. I play against people in funners that plays serious and with valor. You must realize that Komodo.

Most situations where parachute is actually deployed because of a failure, you need your opponent to make a mistake as well or chances are you won't catch up, you seem to think parachute makes you invincible, it does not.
Parachute makes you cast responsibilities aside and rope risk free, while without parachute you can do the same but with skills and confidence.  IF you fail that is on you, and if you can't catch up, then you have a formidable foe that outperforms you. It is your job to accumulate the necessary dexterity to match or surpass the suppressing opponent.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2019, 02:28 AM »
I don't get what's your point, Kradie. According to you, Parachute is supposed to save myself from every small mistake, and same applies to my opponent. Doesn't it put us in the same skill level? How am I given any kind of advantage? What are you trying to prove here? No offense, but I don't think that removing parachute makes you or me a better player, it's quite the contrary, it removes a great essence of the game: Tactics involving Parachute. Most of the times it's meant to be used for it which requires much more thinking and smart choices, so considering that, I would never exchange a vast levels of possibilities (with chute) for instant punishment (why though?). No sense, not worth it.

Edit: I have nothing against you or your schemes, I like you and we have played many, many zars and big zars rr togheter, and I probably never made fun of you or your scheme creations, even personally disliking it a little (and you know it), but all of this (topic+posts) reached its peak, sincerely you are almost making a huge embarassement of yourself...
This is the longest post I've written in a while, lol.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 03:07 AM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Tomi

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 06:49 AM »
Have you ever heard about rope knocking from high levels? Or changing worm direction using the side wall?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Have you ever heard about rope knocking from high levels? Or changing worm direction using the side wall?

Of course I have, I used these tactics plenty of times in this decade and the previous. I do think parachute is necessary in some schemes such as Shopper. But when you remove the parachute, it becomes another game mode, that might have you rope differently at first. The absence of parachute might surely uncomfortable at first, but it is very rewarding once you feel more at ease without parachute. The rope knocking can be done without parachute, it just needs height calculating and timing. So again, two modes, which one are you most OK with? Parachute or without? It is not about ''Remove all parachute from popular rope schemes?''.

There are certainly smart choices to be made with parachute. But there are also smart choices handling rope without parachute. E.g, you want to knock your opponent down from a hiding spot, but you can't. So you are left with positioning your worm and focus on visual cue and time your attack. Attack can be done with bazooka,, grenade, and whatever have you.

The majority on TUS have said no, they are not OK with no parachute, there is no eluding that fact. Although, most of my games people don't really complain, they just accept and adjust. They do their best with what is given. It is becoming a trend and widely accepted in WA.

I don't feel embarrassed, I am simply sticking up to what I believe, just as you are. ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2019, 02:20 PM »
IF you remove an element that is supposed to save you, it becomes a risky endeavour that can promote confidence.

Any roping with or without parachute is a "risky endeavour".

Nobody, in their right mind, would argue that roping without parachute doesn't come without risk, because it does.

But what is ridiculous is you saying it promotes confidence in such a way as if roping with parachute is easy, like people who use parachute have no skill or confidence at all, and they play without any risk at all, it's completely nuts...

If one cannot trust their own ability without the risk factor, then there is no valor and confidence in their roping.

Using parachute or not using parachute, doesn't change the physics of the game at all, you are saying people who rope with parachute have no valor or confidence because you believe there is no risk at all.

How many games could we compare this situation to?

It's like saying you have no confidence in your skills at super mario if you use mushrooms and other items.

Or racing without brakes in racing games, or playing through any game without being allowed to save at all.

You could think of literally hundreds of thousands of comparisons of games in the same sense you are thinking of Worms Armageddon roping without parachute.

If we could all rope like TAS, this wouldn't be a problem, but we are humans, playing on machines built by humans, which means there will always be flaws and mistakes, it's like you expect people to be perfect which is incredibly ignorant.

There is no more or no less skill involved in roping with or without parachute.

I play against people in funners that plays serious and with valor. You must realize that Komodo.

I play serious in funners too, I don't play carelessly, I always try my best, granted sometimes I piss about but for the majority of games I play seriously, that doesn't mean there is any risk involved, it's just a fun game where making mistakes don't matter because nothing is on the line, other than going "Oops! I made a mistake", and maybe getting frustrated at your own shortcomings, it's not a big deal at all.

If you were playing for money, or playing for the glory that winning proves you to be the best player, I would bet my life you would feel a lot more pressure and even nervous in certain situations.

You are playing funners, regardless whether you play serious, the end result is meaningless when nobody cares about collecting results or reporting games in a League with standings, that people look at and compare themselves to others etc.

Parachute makes you cast responsibilities aside and rope risk free

No it doesn't, there is nothing you can ever do or say to prove that.

Everything you do there is a risk.

Even just jumping up and connecting rope has a bit of risk to it, that you will time it wrong and mess up your start.

The absence of parachute might surely uncomfortable at first, but it is very rewarding once you feel more at ease without parachute.

Perhaps for you, it feels rewarding, but for others, it feels like they are losing a very fun feature of the game, putting more restrictions on what is possible in the game.

The rope knocking can be done without parachute, it just needs height calculating and timing.

A lot of rope knocking is impossible without parachute, and some of it would need TAS to pull it off in the way for example, their worm falls over the edge but yours doesn't, no human is that good, at least not consistently.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2019, 04:25 PM »
IF you remove an element that is supposed to save you, it becomes a risky endeavour that can promote confidence.

Any roping with or without parachute is a "risky endeavour".

Nobody, in their right mind, would argue that roping without parachute doesn't come without risk, because it does.

But what is ridiculous is you saying it promotes confidence in such a way as if roping with parachute is easy, like people who use parachute have no skill or confidence at all, and they play without any risk at all, it's completely nuts...

If one cannot trust their own ability without the risk factor, then there is no valor and confidence in their roping.

Using parachute or not using parachute, doesn't change the physics of the game at all, you are saying people who rope with parachute have no valor or confidence because you believe there is no risk at all.

How many games could we compare this situation to?

It's like saying you have no confidence in your skills at super mario if you use mushrooms and other items.

Or racing without brakes in racing games, or playing through any game without being allowed to save at all.

You could think of literally hundreds of thousands of comparisons of games in the same sense you are thinking of Worms Armageddon roping without parachute.

If we could all rope like TAS, this wouldn't be a problem, but we are humans, playing on machines built by humans, which means there will always be flaws and mistakes, it's like you expect people to be perfect which is incredibly ignorant.

There is no more or no less skill involved in roping with or without parachute.

I play against people in funners that plays serious and with valor. You must realize that Komodo.

I play serious in funners too, I don't play carelessly, I always try my best, granted sometimes I piss about but for the majority of games I play seriously, that doesn't mean there is any risk involved, it's just a fun game where making mistakes don't matter because nothing is on the line, other than going "Oops! I made a mistake", and maybe getting frustrated at your own shortcomings, it's not a big deal at all.

If you were playing for money, or playing for the glory that winning proves you to be the best player, I would bet my life you would feel a lot more pressure and even nervous in certain situations.

You are playing funners, regardless whether you play serious, the end result is meaningless when nobody cares about collecting results or reporting games in a League with standings, that people look at and compare themselves to others etc.

Parachute makes you cast responsibilities aside and rope risk free

No it doesn't, there is nothing you can ever do or say to prove that.

Everything you do there is a risk.

Even just jumping up and connecting rope has a bit of risk to it, that you will time it wrong and mess up your start.

The absence of parachute might surely uncomfortable at first, but it is very rewarding once you feel more at ease without parachute.

Perhaps for you, it feels rewarding, but for others, it feels like they are losing a very fun feature of the game, putting more restrictions on what is possible in the game.

The rope knocking can be done without parachute, it just needs height calculating and timing.

A lot of rope knocking is impossible without parachute, and some of it would need TAS to pull it off in the way for example, their worm falls over the edge but yours doesn't, no human is that good, at least not consistently.

1. It is not, the added risk factor boost focus and confidence

2. There is risk without parachute.

3. There's only funners, only a few competitive games here on tus.

4. I am glad you brought other games up. It is more commendable to not use mushroom and fire in Super Mario. Here is why; While I am a casual player, a pro speed runner need not to use items if it is in the category they run in. There are many categories in speedruns, Small Mario, Any%, & 100% run. So in a sense, no parachute is its own category that is more hardcore.

5. In funners I can play real bad, like you won't recognize it is me because my roping is so wobbly and unstable that it makes it so embarrassing. These moments I do not like, and anyone can have bad games and days of roping or whatever. So I try my best or just take time off. Anyone can play bad regardless if it is serious or not. But I also agree that if it is competitive, it adds extra layer of pressure, just like with no parachute.

6. Everything is a risk, but no parachute = added risk factor.

7. I have seen rope knocking been pulled of from edges, We are only humans, we are not perfect, we can do errors in anything we do. But with parachute it just pats you on the back and says it's ok.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2019, 10:06 PM »
1. So you are saying there is no risk, if you use parachute?

2. There is risk with parachute as well.

3. You aren't even making a point here so, moving on...

4. Well that's ok, if you think(think being the keyword here), using no parachute makes you hardcore and the best thing since sliced bread, I guess you are entitled to think that lol.

5. I don't know what having a bad day has to do with it, but ok.

6. At least you now admit that it's still risky playing with parachute, we're finally getting somewhere.

7. So what, you are having conversations with parachute now? Does a voice in your head say "You're a good boy Kradie"?

Do you believe in ghosts too? Wtf is going on here?

Also, not sure why you can't just stick to quotes *hmm*.