Forums > Schemes

Playing time information for schemes

(1/3) > >>

FoxHound:
I was thinking that the schemes should receive information about Playing Time either on the wiki, or here on TUS.

If you buy any Board Game it has a Playing Time information on the box. It's important to know this before playing, because sometimes the Board Game takes 6h or more to end. So, if you don't have much time or if people just don't want to spend so much time playing, people can play a party game or a board game that takes less time, like 30 min or 1:30h.

So, I think this information would be useful for players to know the average duration of the schemes before they play and this could be on the Game Setup template on the wiki, or something similar on TUS scheme articles. And to do this, we would need data. And TUS probably has a lot of data about the schemes.

It is good to play a game without being frustrated thinking that you want to leave because the game took much longer than you expected, but you don't want to be a quitter. If WA will receive ranks, accounts or Match Making, I think informing the Playing Time to people would be great.

EDIT: Not only the average should be informed, but the minimum game duration and the maximum game duration.

Of course it all depends on the map, but this could be present as an information too. Some maps take 40 minutes, others 20 min. Maybe each map could have information about playing Time, at least the classic ones.

Korydex:

--- Quote from: FoxHound on September 08, 2023, 09:12 PM ---Of course it all depends on the map, but this could be present as an information too. Some maps take 40 minutes, others 20 min. Maybe each map could have information about playing Time, at least the classic ones.

--- End quote ---
it also depends on how many players are in the game

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Korydex on September 09, 2023, 04:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: FoxHound on September 08, 2023, 09:12 PM ---Of course it all depends on the map, but this could be present as an information too. Some maps take 40 minutes, others 20 min. Maybe each map could have information about playing Time, at least the classic ones.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Also the skill level, the map, etc...

BnG for me at my peak was like 6-8 minute average on form, but noobs would be 30-60 minutes or even more.

Korydex:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on September 09, 2023, 06:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

BnG for me at my peak was like 6-8 minute average on form, but noobs would be 30-60 minutes or even more.

--- End quote ---
average TRL BnG game length = 21 Minutes and 27 Seconds

TheKomodo:

--- Quote from: Korydex on September 10, 2023, 11:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: TheKomodo on September 09, 2023, 06:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
average TRL BnG game length = 21 Minutes and 27 Seconds

--- End quote ---

I only played 2 matches there as well, that's after I sort of stopped playing unfortunately, definitely would have enjoyed breaking Random00's 100% 17-0 record there, though I'm surprised barman has 65-8 TRL BnG record compared to his Era 1 TUS BnG 73-1 record.

Then again I can't remember which came first if that was before or after barman reached his peak. That's one of the only things I didn't get to do in BnG, was play against barman properly in my peak 1v1, I'd beaten everyone else pretty comfortably though the first half of that match with Random00 had me a little worried and disappointed lol.

How did you come up with that? Do you have a program that takes every replay from that Season, and provides the length of each game?

Also is that turn time? Or real life time?

I'm curious how you done that as I'd like to analyze specific players in a similar fashion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version