Forums
April 24, 2024, 10:55 PM

Author Topic: Remove bazooka 1st rule from Roper. 'Who be against?'  (Read 4215 times)

Offline theredi

Re: Remove bazooka 1st rule from Roper. 'Who be against?'
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 03:12 PM »
ok remove 1st turn zooka but give more power to it, i`ll rape you all will pleasure bazookaless noobs  8)

Offline darKz

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 03:15 PM »
I don't understand why it is lame to not hide if I gain a lead.
Why should I allow the opponent the chance to beat me if the aim is to win?
It's not lame. People just make up excuses when they lose and try to shift the blame on the scheme or the rules, that's all.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Senator

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 04:05 PM »
It's not lame. People just make up excuses when they lose and try to shift the blame on the scheme or the rules, that's all.

It depends how u gained the lead. Let's say u get 2 easy crates while the opponent gets 2 very hard/impossible crates. Then u hide at mid/top to make your further crates easy for u. In other words u don't let crate luck balance and u win by luck.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 04:13 PM »

It depends how u gained the lead. Let's say u get 2 easy crates while the opponent gets 2 very hard/impossible crates. Then u hide at mid/top to make your further crates easy for u. In other words u don't let crate luck balance and u win by luck.

I understand what you are saying, but if you are leading, you want to take luck out of the scheme, hiding well will get you in trouble if the crates get hard.
I don't want to be thinking about how I got a lead. I am winning and that is all that matters - my best chance to win is to take luck out of the scheme, so I "hide" up top to minimise the chance of crate rape hurting me.

It is like taking a lot of crates in T17 then leaving one for your opponent because they had bad luck with placement.

You wouldn't do it.

I realise this is getting off topic fast, and I appreciate that you are trying to take luck out of the scheme.
Crates will always create an element of luck which we just have to deal with...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Let's go and play ZaR Roper and not this Shopper crap 8)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 04:45 PM »
The King has spoken! (without reading the thread xD)

Offline Husk

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 07:08 PM »
good topic

many good ideas for our beloved roulette roper

someone host a cup with their version =P

Offline skunk3

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 07:55 PM »
I think that CBA should be eliminated altogether from roper. If you want the crate, you should be able to get it before or after attacking. If you wait until after, there's a risk you could fail and not reach it, or leave yourself in a crappy spot where you could possibly take fd. The crates should be a temptation, not a requirement... IMO. This would give people more time to knock and maximize damage and it would make getting crates more important than ever.

Honestly, I have a hard time trying to picture how would we could change roper to make it as luck-free as possible, but unless the crate issue is addressed, there's really not much else to talk about. That's why these days I've gotten kinda bored with ropers... whether I'm sober or stoned/drunk, luck does play a big part of the scheme, which is why I greatly prefer big rr these days because there's NO excuses.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 07:57 PM »
I also think that SD should be eliminated completely from the scheme. w2w is dumb, especially on certain maps. I say let the game continue on without SD until a winner emerges.

Offline ANO

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 08:18 PM »
I also think that SD should be eliminated completely from the scheme. w2w is dumb, especially on certain maps. I say let the game continue on without SD until a winner emerges.

SD with w2w is the only moment in roper when luck finally leaves
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 08:25 PM by ANO »

Offline theredi

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 08:40 PM »
ok this shit has gone too far, gtfo from roper :-\

Offline Kradie

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Said it before and I can say it again. Sudden Death and Wall to Wall, helps players to end their game. It is like overtime/penalty.  The tension is at its highest during SD, players tenacity are being tested to their limit.

There is no need to make Roper more easier than it has to be.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40 PM »
SD has always been more annoying than anything. I hate SD in almost any scheme, to be honest. I'd rather fight it out to the end without being bothered with that.

Offline sock

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2016, 10:51 PM »
No z00k4 1st turn :-[ , I always liked it.. what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:55 PM by sock »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 11:10 PM »
This is no problem in ZAR, bazooka every turn ;)

@ Skunk: I feel you are very bigoted to the idea that Sudden Death ''can'' work as a finale phase of a game, to assist the annihilation of opposing teams. I think Sudden Death is not there to annoy you, it is a transition to a new strategy. This is evidential in scheme such as Intermediate, Elite, and Team17.