Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:35 PM

Author Topic: Roper again and again  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Booker

Roper again and again
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:15 PM »
I was thinking about roper's crates appearance as many guys have already thought about it.

My personal idea is a lobby command to hold on the distance of crates.

Example: The /rs command can pile the worms and select worm doesn't start your turn. A similar command for roper can be used to keep the crates appearance in the distance we want to be. If it is possible to make the crates appear in 500 pixels from the worm that plays that turn.

However, i know that this option will make the game more standard (you have to rope like the same way to reach each crate, but the difference of skills depends on the maps).

Finally, we can have a command like "/roper400" to make the crates appear in 400 pixels or "/roper600" for 600 pixels.

Hopefully, waiting for your suggestions.
W:Addicted

Offline Hussar

Re: Roper again and again
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Like i said earlier Solid i like ur idea. We just need to knnow first if someone can write this command.

Offline Booker

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 02:20 PM »
I bet that some guys can work on it and give us this option, but first we have to see if people like this idea.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 02:22 PM »
Would be great
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Hussar

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 03:21 PM »
.......it can work woth rule then botch players ofc need to agree how many pixels.

so all depends from us.

Offline Booker

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 03:27 PM »
Of course. Both players will be forced to rope the same way to the crate, so if you choose more complex map will need more skills to handle.
The game will be fair enouph for both teams.

Offline magic

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 03:30 PM »
finally jesus........... a great and useful idea o///

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Roper has never been a game about skill in practice...Only in theory...A perfect player on a normal map could land an attack every single turn...But we are all short of perfection..

It would be best to leave it be imho..

Offline Booker

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Doubletime so many players have loses ropers from under leveled players cause of crates appearing the other side of the map.
Here we are trying finally to make this scheme more fair, cause roper is a great scheme and needs to be more fair.
Also, you can't say that isn't based on skills, cause ttrr and roper are the most skill needed roping schemes in W:A by far.

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 04:17 PM »
How to count the distance? 1000px straight line between a worm and a crate can be easier than 300px line, but at least in can prevent from really easy crates.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Booker

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 04:56 PM »
It's simple. The whole map is 1920x696, so the height is 696 total.
If we don't count the blank places the playing map is about 400 pixels for example.
We choose the crate to appear in 500 pixels, so it can't be appearred strait up.
I hope you understand what i mean.

Offline avirex

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 05:18 PM »
it still would not be fair... infact it gives a bigger advantage to the 1player...

if i am 1st, and i know the next cr8 is going to be in the exact same spot, or roughly as far... i know if i should hide hard, if i should hide on the otherside of the map, or of its gonna be such an easy cr8, that i should not even bother hiding...

2nd worm does not have that option, 2nd place is always stuck with the un-known, its not fair.

w2roper ftw.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 05:39 PM »
it still would not be fair... infact it gives a bigger advantage to the 1player...

if i am 1st, and i know the next cr8 is going to be in the exact same spot, or roughly as far... i know if i should hide hard, if i should hide on the otherside of the map, or of its gonna be such an easy cr8, that i should not even bother hiding...

2nd worm does not have that option, 2nd place is always stuck with the un-known, its not fair.

w2roper ftw.

the player with the higher hp would never lose if they just "hide" on a part of the map that is empty because crates would spawn really close. Its an obvious way to abuse the system.

As much as I dislike roper because of its crate luck, I still havent found any way suggested by anyone to undo this and make it fair, so I'd rather have it stay as it is.

Offline Booker

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2012, 05:51 PM »
I totally agree with avirex, cause of turn advantage.
However, i know that easy and hard crates can balance to both players, so this makes the game a kind of fair.
With this option though, we can just avoid too easy crates and too hard ones.
It will not be 100% fair, but the fact of turn advantage hasn't fixed yet in many popular schemes, like elite.