Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:59 PM

Author Topic: Schemes changes proposals with new scheme format  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Korydex

Schemes changes proposals with new scheme format
« on: July 18, 2020, 10:15 AM »
Post your ideas here, for example it's now possible to disable wind in TTRR to make it 100% luckless scheme 8)

Offline Triad

Re: Schemes changes proposals with new scheme format
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Not as a proposal for change in the official one, but fractional round timer can be experimented in Hysteria to create a fast paced Hysteria where sinking sudden death plays a bigger role, just like in Team17. It may encourage tactical positioning over darksiding, and it may be overall more adrenaline inducing compared to a hyst game that turns into a BnG.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 01:38 PM »
Was gonna propose mirrored winds as we already have mirrored maps for BnG, to remove all the luck in the scheme. Althought, it hit me - they could be used in a way first player is always in advantage. For example I get 3bar blue wind and know opponent will get it next turn, which would be ideal for his position. Instead of taking a shot, I'd tele in better hide.

Although, mirrored winds would need to be a part of Parachute race. Without thinking. Same as 0 wind in rr/big rr.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 06:09 PM »
i was gonna make a similar thread like this lol

disable all the glitches, skipwalk and all of that kind of stuff and:
- boom race with no collision, maybe also sdet/ldet
- BnG with all of the aim stuff
- Surf Shopper but when surfing you don't lose control
- Fly Shopper but you can throw stuff midair
- Hysteria and/or Aerial with 10sec SD time with the milisecond SD timer thing
- Team17 with disabled roofing
- Shopper with batty?
- BigRR 30secs no nana, with insta-activating 10sec retreat time
- Forts with mirrored auto placement (not a league scheme but it's in HostingBuddy so maybe worth mentioning)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:43 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 06:56 PM »
- BigRR 30secs no nana, with insta-activating 10sec retreat time

Is this modern way to write - big rr 40sec?

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Is this modern way to write - big rr 40sec?
might need experimentation because there are some differences between retreat time and turn time

Offline StepS

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 07:46 PM »
might need experimentation because there are some differences between retreat time and turn time
Basically no safety (parachute), no re-firing after landing or visible timer.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 09:09 PM »
Not as a proposal for change in the official one, but fractional round timer can be experimented in Hysteria to create a fast paced Hysteria where sinking sudden death plays a bigger role, just like in Team17. It may encourage tactical positioning over darksiding, and it may be overall more adrenaline inducing compared to a hyst game that turns into a BnG.
I don't think it is a bad idea, but this would put even more emphasis on starting positions when SD starts after 15 turns.  Starting SD earlier would induce more luck into the scheme.

Was gonna propose mirrored winds as we already have mirrored maps for BnG, to remove all the luck in the scheme. Althought, it hit me - they could be used in a way first player is always in advantage. For example I get 3bar blue wind and know opponent will get it next turn, which would be ideal for his position. Instead of taking a shot, I'd tele in better hide.

Although, mirrored winds would need to be a part of Parachute race. Without thinking. Same as 0 wind in rr/big rr.

Is mirrored winds an option?  If so thats amazing and something we have been talking about for years
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 09:26 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Triad

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 10:28 PM »
Basically no safety (parachute), no re-firing after landing or visible timer.
That actually sounds interesting.

I don't think it is a bad idea, but this would put even more emphasis on starting positions when SD starts after 15 turns.  Starting SD earlier would induce more luck into the scheme.
Yes, I didn't mention it in my initial post but SD time should be set according to new settings.

Btw speaking of starting positions, what about ally auto placement option? Would it be a positive or negative change?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:30 PM by Triad »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 10:40 PM »
Btw speaking of starting positions, what about ally auto placement option? Would it be a positive or negative change?
the only somewhat popular scheme that might benefit from this is Forts, other than that i don't see any other purpose for it so far

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 08:56 PM »
whats wrong with a little bit of luck in classic schemes? It's what makes the game what we love! :)

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 12:29 AM »
revive cuz i thought of something when watching ZorroX's and danie's mole shopper cup

girder radius assist for mole shopper maybe?