Forums
April 25, 2024, 08:27 PM

Author Topic: Schemes explanations, rules ... or submit a new one ;)  (Read 13668 times)

Offline f4st

• Spain Spain
    • View Profile
Re: Schemes explanations, rules ... or submit a new one ;)
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2008, 09:12 AM »
lol Ramone, ur wonderful world of BnG with 300 rules is so beauty, but come back to earth, like i said BnG isnt the most popular scheme, if u add more NONSENSE rules like NO REPEATING ppl wouldnt play it (who cares bout doing a beauty or skilled shot in a league game?), if u play with a good BnGer u know the No Repeating rule will be in the game, but beginners at BnG piss on that.
71,35% of times i pick BnG my opponent says: "BnG is so boring man"
I know u r a BnG lover but keep original rules to do it fair for all :)
STAxDoubletime> My english is better than youre's

Offline Ramone

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2008, 01:50 PM »
I am only trying to make valid 1 single rule, not 300.
If the beginners piss on that, let them learn how to play.
For example in RR, if you play with no skilled player he could not even start the game if map requires shadow at start; if he's half skilled he'll drown or fall at the middle of a map. Only thing that beginner can do about it is to get some skills at rope if he wanna play RR. And that is the thing I would like to develop in BnG, if beginner wants to play it - he should get 'bothered' and learn it. That way it won't be boring for them no more.

I believe BnG is boring to players cause they've never 'learned' it.
And it will stay that way if we don't add this rule. It's a fact.

With that logic: "it's a league game, who cares about skilled shot, you are trying to win man!!!"  you can also allow player to take the shortcut over the roof in RR, cause "it's a league game, who cares about skills in RR, you want to win man!!!"

In any other scheme you HAVE to be skilled if you wanna win, why wouldn't that be the case with BnG too?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:58 PM by Ramone »

Offline pr

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2008, 02:05 PM »
WAPX project and scripted maps/games can solve some bng problems.

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 10:42 AM »
With that logic: "it's a league game, who cares about skilled shot, you are trying to win man!!!"  you can also allow player to take the shortcut over the roof in RR, cause "it's a league game, who cares about skills in RR, you want to win man!!!"

Ramone you can't use comparisons like this...

Everyone knows you cannot take shortcuts in rr because there is no such thing as a shortcut... its got nothing to do with being "cheap", its about playing the map how it should be played. Its got nothing to do with rules, its just common sense.
worm and learn

Offline Dario

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2008, 12:31 PM »
I think it's just too hard to force people to make hard moves in league games if the scheme, the map or the situation are not doing it.
I am an extremist during fun matches and I hate it when people do moves that are easy for them, because (as Ramone said) they never get really skilled in that way and they ruin the fun of funners.
Yet I agree with NAiL when it is a league/tournament game, mostly because it is impossible to enforce "showoff" rules without tons of complaints arising under grey situations. Also you'd be discouraging less skilled wormers to play the scheme.
Momentarily not playing TUS league games.

Offline SPW

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Talking about BnG makes no sense. All knows about the rules so far, but "repeats" or "Full 4sec Nades" arent in the rules but its about a gentlemen agreement between the "Pro's" to dont use it.

So all "Pro's" shouldnt pick BnG in TuS or any league against a unknown Oppenent. Only pick it against guys u know about their opinion about this sheme.

In the past I was many time pissed off coz of Noob BnG-Oppenents. So I changed my mind and didnt pick it anymore vs XY. Maybe some other guys here should do it too or just change ur skills and play other shemes too.

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2009, 06:32 AM »
So, this is like a Wiki isnt it?
Here comes the snow

Offline chakkman

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Not quite..

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2009, 06:02 AM »
But it's not a bad Idea, is it?

If we make a wiki, we should put some replays too (Just an Idea)
Here comes the snow

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2009, 04:26 PM »

Ramone you can't use comparisons like this...

Everyone knows you cannot take shortcuts in rr because there is no such thing as a shortcut... its got nothing to do with being "cheap", its about playing the map how it should be played. Its got nothing to do with rules, its just common sense.

its also common sense that he was being sarcastic lol

Offline Big Billy

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2009, 11:44 PM »
yippie.
Just wanted to make the #100th Reply!

:)

Offline Big Billy

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2009, 11:47 PM »
But it's not a bad Idea, is it?

If we make a wiki, we should put some replays too (Just an Idea)

Look here -> http://worms2d.info/Schemes

+ sry for double post  :-[

« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2009, 12:05 AM »
i think we should ban bigbilly for spammin forums

Offline Rioter

« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05 PM »
i think we should ban bigbilly for spammin forums
I disagree sir

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2009, 04:12 AM »
You can't ban him just for that o0

Here comes the snow