Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:14 AM

Author Topic: Shopper: the widest explanation ever  (Read 4371 times)

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• Lots of cool schemes on my profile page!
    • View Profile
Shopper: the widest explanation ever
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:18 PM »
I have thought this thread will be useful as there are many complaints about situations, that are not regulated by traditional "CAK". I have tried to make a perfect, flawless ruleset for Shopper, and here what I got:

All-style Shopper rules:

I.Terms:

Ongoing damage - damage that is not related to projectile shot (in result of knocking, mine activation etc.).

Collateral damage - any indirect damage related to projectile shot (moving mine, barrel explosion etc.).

Attack - direct damage to enemies from projectile shot or layout modification (placing a mine, flaming from petrol etc.).

Cow - player (or fact), breaking the game rules. Cow must skip 1 turn completely, either s/he loses. Player, who cows 3 times in a game, loses. Game, finished with a cow, is voided.

BA/AA - before/after attack. Do all of tasks marked by rules with these parts while turn/retreat if you are going to attack/performed an attack.

Leader - player with highest health stat. For 1st by stats leader is 2nd by stats.

II. Rules (obligatory):

Ongoing damage is always allowed.

CBA - get one crate before attack. If last crate on map had been exploded and player didn't pick any other crates during that turn, he is not allowed to attack. If crate fell onto any worm on batty rope, this counts as CBA. If crate spawned at impossible to get area (due to map's clumsyness), CBA rule can be skipped for that turn.

AFR/AFC/... - attack from rope/chute/any other state. For rope Shopper kinds it means that you are allowed to attack from any possible state but not ground (newbies always think that AFR rule in Shopper allows only attacking from rope - that is not true). Attack from ground is allowed if a picked weapon doesn't support attack from these states.

Low Gravity is a part of attack (unless you are playing Moon Shopper - then you may always enable it before turn).

KTL or ABL (if play FFA):
  a) KTL - kill the leader. If there are worms that getting damage, leader's worm must be attacked. If leader is frozen, collateral damage and layout modification are allowed. If shotgun or longbow is used, both shots must damage leader. If leader was changed since turn start after first shot or in result of ongoing damage, attack at both old and new leader is allowed. For
  b) ABL - all but last. Worms of team with the lowest health can't be attacked directly. Player with lowest health stats is allowed to attack anyone.

No permanent blocking. Player, who blocks enemy worm with a weapon that can't be removed, automatically loses.

Classic Shopper modes' rules:

I. Terms:

Wall - specially indicated layout chunk that must be touched by worm.

Fly - performing «fly» trick above a tower (for tower arch/mexi/extended mexi are allowed too) or inside a specific tunnel, located in the middle of the map, without touching tower's/tunnel's elements. When TS is enabled, usage of parachute while fly is counted as part of a fly.

II. Rules (optional):

FBA - fly before attack.

WBA - touch all Walls before attack.

Surf-specific rules:

I. Terms:

Surf - making current playing worm skim. Finished with worm's landing on shore or attaching rope above it.

One-touch surf - launching rope after one skim-bounce.

II. Rules (optional):

SBA - surf before attack (TS must be enabled).

SAA - surf after attack (TS isn't required). Current worm's plop isn't counted as cow.

AFS(SFS) - attack from surf (shores from surf). Usually means that you can attack from surf, but in particular situations means that you HAVE to AFS if there are enemy worms on shores.

III. Surf types:
a) side-to-shore. Applied for maps, where shores are located in the middle.
b) shore-to-shore. If shores are located at sides.
c) one-touch. If there are no shores.

"Exotic" Shoppers:

AFA - attack from air (from fly while rope roll). Rule for AFA Shopper (AKA Air Shopper). You are allowed to AFA in any kind of Shopper if TS is enabled/emulated.

TBA - trick before attack. Rule for TBA (AKA Trick Shopper). Means that you have to do tricks the way map says.

LBA - lap before attack. Rule for Drive-by Shopper. Term «lap» can mean next:
a) go by map's outward route and return to your start line.
b) pass through all checkpoints (not going backwards!) and return to start line.
Start line is a shortest distance between start point and opposite roof/floor (opposite wall for vertical tunnels).

TODO: fix any flaws, if those left; make better design.
Discuss, advise.

P.S.
http://tinyurl.com/789fp9h - tiny link to this topic.
http://tinyurl.com/78o5s5d - tiny link to Russian translation (not updated).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:40 PM by M4Dbrat »

Offline HHC

Re: Shopper: the widest explanation ever
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:48 PM »
good job M4D  :)

Offline Masta

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:50 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:30 PM by Masta »

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 01:57 PM »
the explanation is ok, the problem is that tus shopper scheme was made to play without rope (fire punch, radouken, uzi, sg, scope, flame, bat, mortar ... )

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:17 PM »
@HHC
ty ;)

@Masta
I'll try to find some time for that, despite I made this to explain details and not overall.

@Professor
Can't believe I've missed that important moment. TY, fixed now.

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:26 PM »
You should make a clear distinction between wxw and Shopper. WBA is not an optional rule in wxw - some people could get that impression the way it is worded at the moment.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35 PM »
well, wxw = shoppa + wba ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51 PM »
@Rok
My logic was the same, as Statik's one. However, I think Classic WxW must be divided into a completely separate scheme from Open WxW and others of Shopper family. Well, some people can really not understand, that "optional" means "if map says".

Oh, Russian translation is complete. Where to post it? Link sure must be as short as possible.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 07:55 PM »
Oh, Russian translation is complete. Where to post it? Link sure must be as short as possible.

worms.org.ua/forum ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25 PM »
WxW is a roper in a retarded map.

Add that were you see fit.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 06:11 AM »
Update. Previously this ruleset didn't allow to perform ol' good trick with placing mine or petrol near frozen worm. Now it's fixed.

Offline M4Dbrat

• Unacknowledged Genius

• Ukraine Ukraine
  • WoSC WoSC community

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 01:35 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/789fp9h - tiny link to this topic.
http://tinyurl.com/78o5s5d - tiny link to Russian translation.