Forums
April 24, 2024, 10:17 PM

Poll

Keep Armageddon and Donkey in Island 17?

Yes
9 (64.3%)
No
4 (28.6%)
Just remove donkey
0 (0%)
Just remove Armageddon
0 (0%)
No super weapons at all
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Team17 Island Super Weapons?  (Read 554 times)

Offline Kradie

Team17 Island Super Weapons?
« on: September 10, 2021, 06:55 PM »
Yeah what do you think?

Once I was in a Island 17 with Adnan and we were about to win, our lead was good and the map was pretty much damaged with little hides left. Our opponent got Armageddon and managed to draw it. So I thought it seemed unfair at the time, and now I am compelled to ask you if you think that Armageddon and donkey is good idea for Island 17?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Zalo the moler

Re: Team17 Island Super Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 10:45 PM »
It only makes sense to ban certain weapons when we view them as unfair, as the ones who possess them :-[ not just view them as unfair when our enemies possess them.

2 times I had to fight against people who found Concrete Donkey (I haven't found it myself) and I felt like they really deserved to perform such an attack, since they didn't have anything strong throughout the match. Also notice that your opponent will never use donkey on you (maybe even throughout the whole match), if you always keep your worms close to your enemy's ones. It also helps to keep your worms spreaded horizontally, like me and danie did in our battle with Quaius and Gmaxus, unaware of their donkey possession.

Back in the days, in 2015 there were people saying "Ban clusters/banans from Tus Mole" "You can't win a match if the opponent finds clusters/banana" "Clusters are OP"

bull*hit... if you never expose the bottom of your worm you can easily survive a cluster on your head. If Clusters or Bananas were to be banned, then people would start dreading at the sight of strong Shotgun (which would begin to stand out from remaining weapons even more than cluster did. In the same way Aqua Sheep would stand out in Team17, if all Super weapons were removed). The problem is not with weapons, the problem is with one's hiding skill.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:36 AM by ZorroX »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 01:02 AM »
It only makes sense to ban certain weapons when we view them as unfair, as the ones who possess them :-[ not just view them as unfair when our enemies possess them.

2 times I had to fight against people who found Concrete Donkey (I haven't found it myself) and I felt like they really deserved to perform such an attack, since they didn't have anything strong throughout the match. Also notice that your opponent will never use donkey on you (maybe even throughout the whole match), if you always keep your worms close to your enemy's ones. It also helps to keep your worms spreaded horizontally, like me and danie did in our battle with Quaius and Gmaxus, unaware of their donkey possession.

Back in the days, in 2015 there were people saying "Ban clusters/banans from Tus Mole" "You can't win a match if the opponent finds clusters/banana" "Clusters are OP"

bull*hit... if you never expose the bottom of your worm you can easily survive a cluster on your head. If Clusters or Bananas were to be banned, then people would start dreading at the sight of Shotgun (which would begin to stand out from remaining weapons even more than cluster did. In the same way Aqua Sheep would stand out in Team17, if all Super weapons were removed). The problem is not with weapons, the problem is with one's hiding skill.

Well said! I can't think of anything else to add to this statement at this moment so i'll just say I agree with it and support it.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 07:05 AM »
I like to compare it to Kaos, where donkey and french sheep strike are disabled. But I think its better to exclude armageddon, I guess sheep strike is disabled because it was as OP as CD when x2 damage was in the scheme.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 07:20 AM »
besides arma and donkey, are there any other problematic weapons? what about quake? mole strike? freeze? scales? super nana?